Brotsky 15-Jun-20
APauls 15-Jun-20
Grubby 15-Jun-20
Muddyboots 15-Jun-20
TJS 15-Jun-20
14-Jun-20

Grubby's embedded Photo
Grubby's embedded Photo
I’ve seen a few of the trapper Nelson pack board displays on bowsite and thought they were pretty cool. The pack boards are pretty hard to find so I built one. I think it would look better if it had a form in place like others I’ve seen and I could still do that but for now it will look good on the wall as it is.

14-Jun-20

Grubby's embedded Photo
Grubby's embedded Photo

14-Jun-20
If anyone want to borrow that pack board for a backcountry hunt just holler!! If I would have actually needed to carry it out with that pack It would have never made it out!

14-Jun-20

Dino's embedded Photo
Dino's embedded Photo
Dino's embedded Photo
Dino's embedded Photo
Here was our attempt at loading a giant bear into a Kuiu pack.

14-Jun-20
That’s on my to do list but haven’t been able to find a pack board. Looks good.

14-Jun-20
Looks great!

14-Jun-20
Looks great, Grubby! Very satisfying project, I’ll bet. Sounds like you need to shoot smaller bears!

14-Jun-20
Actually ..... just the frame without the hide would suck .... kind of a size doesn’t matter situation. Either I’m real bad at building pack boards or those old timers were really tough.

14-Jun-20
That's pretty cool looking. My last bear hide weighed a ton. I'm not sure I'd want to pack that out on a straight frame....at least at my age.

15-Jun-20
Nice job Grubby

Very creative and useful,

Robb

15-Jun-20
Man, those had to be painful. Looks good, Grubby!

15-Jun-20
I like it grubby.

15-Jun-20
Thumbs up!

15-Jun-20

Brotsky's Link
Looks great grubby! If you guys are looking for pack frames for these type of mounts check out my link to borderland supply. I want to do a mule deer mount like this for my next one and have their site bookmarked to order the frame.

15-Jun-20
Looking great Josh!

15-Jun-20
Those are nice Brotsky.

If you want to build your own there are tons of plans and tutorials out there.

I made mine out of ash, cut, split and hand hewn with a draw knife. It took me about 4 hrs. I’m sure using dimensional lumber I could have done it in under an hour. The pack was a Czech military surplus that I picked up for $15 . It was a fun project!

15-Jun-20
Have to admit I have never seen this as a way to display game. Pretty cool. Really like to looks of your pack Grubby.

15-Jun-20
very nice!

• Sitka Gear