KSMike 21-Jun-20
bghunter 21-Jun-20
KSMike 21-Jun-20
KSMike 22-Jun-20
longbeard 22-Jun-20
4nolz@work 22-Jun-20
lewis 22-Jun-20
15-Jun-20
I've got 3 of the 4, and need an Osceola. The trouble is that the only reputable outfitters I've come across want about $3k for the hunt. Any suggestions?

TMBB

15-Jun-20
Tons of outfitters in Florida .

15-Jun-20
10 years ago I got my Osceola, a guy we followed on a taxidermy forum sold hunts. No lodging, no food, just private ground to hunt, he went with and did some calling. At that time you only paid if you killed a bird. $750. Included an airport pickup and dropoff if needed. Not sure if he is still doing it. If you want contact info, I can PM you when I get home.

15-Jun-20
The guys I’m seeing are in the $3k range also. I’ve been told that the problem for most of them are the land access is so high. Landowners are charging up to $1500 per bird is what I’ve heard, be it true or not...

—Jim

15-Jun-20
yes its about the going rate here

15-Jun-20
note that the nwtf demarcation line makes a northern turn to include Jacksonville (how convenient) try some outfitters around there,its technically an Osceola if you want a slam.

15-Jun-20
Why not go public land?

16-Jun-20
Southern Outdoor Outfitters....Paul Byrd. He will put you on the birds. I finished my Grand Slam with him last year. He is an aggressive guide using different methods to get your bird-blind hunting, running/gunning or reaping. I also killed a big hog and a 7 1/2 foot gator with my bow. PM for details.

16-Jun-20
NWTF really pulled a money grab by placing the boundary line for the Osceola so far north.It really is a shame those birds are as much as an Osceola as the man on the moon.Yes technically you can claim it to be an Osceola all the way to Jacksonville.Oh well good luck and stay safe Lewis

16-Jun-20
Lewis is spot on. Osceola outfitters seams to be the best I hear about down here.

16-Jun-20
If I was going to spend the $$$ for an Osceola there is only one place to go and that would be with Hoppy Kempher and Osceola Outfitters. I've been hunting hogs with him every year for 17 years and his property is filled with big toms. I stop counting how many birds we see. Great guide and guy to hunt with, really knows his stuff and the accomadations are nice. His place is just like a little slice of "old florida".

16-Jun-20
I will add that you can't go wrong with Osceola Outfitters - Hoppy Kempfer. Great outfitter and even better person.

16-Jun-20
If you don't want to fork over the money, there are public land DIY opportunities. That's the route I'm going.

16-Jun-20
The Jax birds have broken wing bars and are phenotypically indistinguishable maybe larger.I live west of there and ours are considered eastern/Osceola hybrids.We have broken wing bars.Its all about an arbitrary line who cares about slams I've done it many times I did a double slam and a half in 1 season.I just hunt them now and don't get caught up in the nwtf hype.

16-Jun-20
The Jax birds have broken wing bars and are phenotypically indistinguishable maybe larger.I live west of there and ours are considered eastern/Osceola hybrids.We have broken wing bars.Its all about an arbitrary line who cares about slams I've done it many times I did a double slam and a half in 1 season.I just hunt them now and don't get caught up in the nwtf hype.

16-Jun-20
tall tine outfitters Ted Jaycox

16-Jun-20
Thanks guys.

TMBB

17-Jun-20
4nolz apparently some guys do care about the slam!

17-Jun-20
Yes I used to also. :)

17-Jun-20
Your geographically blessed!

21-Jun-20
Another thumbs up for Tall Tine/Ted Jaycox. Finished my slam with him.

21-Jun-20
Good luck. With your slam. I guess from reading this, I am really lucky I pretty much started my slam with the osceola and I live in the midwest

21-Jun-20

22-Jun-20

22-Jun-20
So is the going price around 3k? Or can you still find it somewhere fore $1500 as someone above suggested?

22-Jun-20
usually $1500 each and guys want 2

22-Jun-20
I think he meant the outfitter paid 1500 to the land owner and charged the hunter 3000.I do know some landowners that are paid 1500 per bird by the oufitter.Kinda crazy a lot of these are not Osceolas. Good luck Lewis

• Sitka Gear