wildwilderness 16-Jun-20
bowbender77 16-Jun-20
Matt 17-Jun-20
bowbender77 17-Jun-20
Huntography 17-Jun-20
wildwilderness 17-Jun-20
JL 17-Jun-20
16-Jun-20
I am changing my arrows this year. I have been looking at the 5mm axis and the day six arrows. I like the idea of increasing my FOC. My main question is using my hamskea hybrid hunter rest will the arrow length have to increase so the outsert or collar is not drawn back into the rest? I may just go with the axis without a collar if I am needing to increase the length by too much. Thanks for any help

16-Jun-20
You do not want to draw the outsert onto the rest prongs, but you did not give enough info to answer your question.

16-Jun-20
Firenock outserts require 5/8” more shaft length to end up with identical clearance to your prongs at full draw. You don’t want to pull the outsert into the prongs, might pull the arrow off the string or at least lift it higher for the initial launch.

16-Jun-20
Duplicate

16-Jun-20
I currently shoot 28 inch arrows with broadheads about 3/4" in front of my rest at full draw. I was just looking at the axis arrows and youtube is filled with hunters using this arrow with the brass inserts but most of the guys on there are added some kind of collar or outsert to make it stronger. I just wasn't sure how this affected arrow length. Thanks for the help.I am an old school hunter slow to make changes.

16-Jun-20
The collar will add about 5/8-1” depending on what you use.

With the axis and brass insert I never felt like I needed a collar. However when I switched to 4mm D6 it definitely needs a collar.

16-Jun-20
Iron Will has an outsert product.

17-Jun-20
"Iron Will has an outsert product."

They sell impact collars, I do not believe they have outserts.

17-Jun-20
True that, but serves the same purpose.

17-Jun-20

Huntography's embedded Photo
Huntography's embedded Photo
I switched to Day six arrows and outsert system. Very solid!

17-Jun-20
I could never understand why you would use an Outsert with a 5mm shaft?

the impact collar/external footer/broadhead ring works better for that. Now with a 4mm shaft I understand an outsert to avoid the Deep Six issue.

17-Jun-20
I used Beman Carbon Eagles I think it was at one time. They were thin shafts with outserts. They were cut to length so the outserts never touched the rest. I never noticed any issues with the extra length.

• Sitka Gear