Fuzzy 23-Jun-20
MT Livin' 24-Jun-20
nehunter 30-Aug-20
Quinn @work 30-Aug-20
nehunter 31-Aug-20
lawdy 31-Aug-20
Quinn @work 31-Aug-20
17-Jun-20
The drawing is this Friday. There will be 49 permits drawn. I have 15 years of points. Odds are slim but fingers crossed.

17-Jun-20
Tiny little New Hampshire has 49?moose tags, that’s fantastic , good for them. Never would have suspected as much. Is that like usual amount or it less or more than years past?

I hope you draw would be interested in reading about hunting moose New Hampshire style.

17-Jun-20
And only 8 of them go to non-residents I believe. Good Luck, I love New Hampshire, beautiful state.

17-Jun-20
New Hampshire & Iowa are the only two states in my 27 years of applying not to cheapen NR points. I admire them for it. Still no outfitter welfare to this day. As a result, I drew in 2012 and got a honker bull on second to the last day. What an an adventure for a midwesterner. I'm playing on house money in Maine these days. Good luck to all you applying.

17-Jun-20
If I remember right, they were up to about 1000 years ago, then the moose population dropped. My family used to see them routinely deer hunting in the white mountains, then it became very rare.

17-Jun-20
My best Odds in NH years back were about 1in 45 now I figure they are about 1 in 650

17-Jun-20
Huntcell, yep same as last year. And yes tobywon as far as I no only 8 NR permits. It's a long shot but fun to dream

17-Jun-20
Winter Ticks have decimated the moose population in the northeast.

VT, NH, and Maine now have a fraction of the permits they used to allow.

17-Jun-20
Bob is right on. The numbers I've seen show the hay day was late 90's early 00's if I remember correctly. Just last year or the prior year there were 125 permits.

17-Jun-20
This is my year to draw NH Fuzzy too. I was drawn as an alternate each of the last 2 years and never got the call, so ... I'm due! VT hasn't had their draw yet either, so one can still dream.

17-Jun-20

Ace's Link
By the way, the VT Draw is still open, AND they have an Archery Permit option! Yes it's a long shot, and yes some will tell you it's a waste of time (yet they still apply).

see link

17-Jun-20
Good luck ACE, I've never even made alternate .... let me know if you draw

17-Jun-20
I drew back in 2000 and had a wonderful hunt. Seems likely yesterday.

17-Jun-20
I live in NH and though I love to hunt and have been moose hunting elsewhere, I wish they would shut down the Moose season here. The moose here have been so devastated by the tick infestation that it is destroying the herd. The wardens are finding dead moose with 50-60K ticks on them. The moose will rub on the trees because they itch so badly and peal their skin off and then bleed to death.

I know I'll probably get flamed for this statement, but I do think it is time to give them a break.

TMBB

17-Jun-20
Bob, if it's time it's time. I'll keep applying for points even if they close it.

17-Jun-20
Said like a true dedicated point collector.

Disclaimer: I am a dedicated point collector at plus 350 accumulated points for western states, some how I missed the eastern moose merry go round.

17-Jun-20
Fuzzy,

You should keep applying, and if they continue I hope you draw.

My concerns are different than whether you apply or not.

TMBB

17-Jun-20
I’ve been waiting here in MA for a moose season to open as luckily I don’t think the ticks have affected our moose just yet. Sad though I planned on applying every year until the numbers went down.

17-Jun-20
I’ve been in this draw for around 25 yrs ,no tag yet

There was a batch of yrs that they gave out approx 650 tags a year, those days are gone

18-Jun-20
Bob, thanks. I figure that my handful of app dollars may help with management and possibly recovery. (I'm essentially an optimist) I see it as a "donation" in essence since I have little chance of being drawn.

18-Jun-20
Bob, thanks. I figure that my handful of app dollars may help with management and possibly recovery. (I'm essentially an optimist) I see it as a "donation" in essence since I have little chance of being drawn.

18-Jun-20
I'm thinking the money you spend on moose points and tags, plus the long wait....it maybe more economical and less wait to just go OTC in Ontario or Quebec with an outfitter. I've been twice that way and went 1 for 2 in Quebec.

18-Jun-20
JL I did that (Newfoundland 2016)

18-Jun-20
Is there anything to be done to combat the winter ticks?

18-Jun-20
A couple of really cold long winters would help or a smaller population of moose

Yikes

19-Jun-20
No tag for me.

19-Jun-20
Nuttin for me either

20-Jun-20
Struck out.

23-Jun-20
Drawn names go from Simmons to Smith, alternates go from Shephard to Smith. "Sink" struck out again. Oh well ! :)

24-Jun-20
NH, VT, & Maine moose tags........like looking for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.... I used to apply when I lived in New England, then I realized I could put my money to wiser uses.

30-Aug-20
Well it happens. Been drawn twice in VT, archery in best Zone E. Drew in best Zone in Maine, wife drew best Zone in NH. My Dad has drawn Maine, NH and VT.

I just bought my 3rd Archery Moose Tag in Vermont, I was the 4th out of 3 tags and one guy dropped out So it can happen, just keep putting in the points.

30-Aug-20
Are you talking about the auction tags or the draw tags for VT?

Congrats though. Good luck.

31-Aug-20
I drew two reg tags and this year's Auction tag

31-Aug-20
I live in Zone A in Northern NH. The swamp donkeys had a good winter as the tick population took a hit. A lot of moose this summer with a good calf crop. I cut wood in the Parmachenee and watched several moose feeding in a cut. Had a huge bull saunter through my garden. They love broccoli. The moose collisions are up this year which indicates more moose. I belong to our fire dept and we have butchered two this year. We get to keep roadkills up here if the driver doesn’t want them. That is why us locals don’t apply for permits.

31-Aug-20
That’s great new Lawdy!!!

• Sitka Gear