Elk
Contributors to this thread:
SBH 17-Jun-20
JTreeman 17-Jun-20
Z Barebow 17-Jun-20
Trial153 17-Jun-20
SBH 17-Jun-20
17-Jun-20
In the market for new bag. I've narrowed down to Western Mountaineering, Stone Glacier and now am also considering Kifaru slick. 15-20 degrees give or take depending on which brand I go with. WM and SG hit the wallet the hardest but are both way lighter then the Kifaru bag. My understanding is WM is the best of the best. Have not spoke with anyone that has actually used the SG bags but they look legit.

Yes I am aware there are other bags and brands. Just trying to compare and contrast the pros cons of these three to each other. Thanks!

17-Jun-20
I have 3 WM, can’t go wrong there. Never used the SG, but have seen/tried on some of their down clothing line. Seemed very nice in my opinion, and would expect no less from their sleeping bags.

I like gear and like trying new stuff, but for my money I would buy the WM and be done. That is all assuming down is what you want. Kifaru May be a consideration if going synthetic I suppose, but honestly probably wouldn’t be the top of my list even then.

—Jim

17-Jun-20
Cannot speak to bags other than my WM (Badger). No issues and compresses into small package. As I have aged, a good night sleep is paramount. Buy once, cry once. (I bought my bag used on Rokslide and saved a little $$$)

17-Jun-20
You cant go far wrong with WM. Personally unless i am wrong te SG is imported, I wouldnt pay that kind of money for an imported bag when i can get a WM bag bag for the same price. The slick bag is great bag for the money and the weight, that said its anything but packable. Also if you going with synthetic insulation you could get the same thing for a lot less money. I like my WM bags

17-Jun-20
Done deal. Thanks fellas. WM it is!

• Sitka Gear