Whocares 19-Jun-20
Brotsky 19-Jun-20
Z Barebow 19-Jun-20
Elk whisperer 19-Jun-20
Whocares 19-Jun-20
JSW 19-Jun-20
Scrappy 19-Jun-20
17-Jun-20
I wanted to start a running thread on where to find deals on freeze dried meals. Discount website, free shipping, coupon codes etc. I know some folks dehydrate meals. Good for you. In the backcountry, I appreciate the simplicity of boiling water, soak 9 minutes, and eating with no clean up.

I scored once at local Costco, but apparently they don't regularly stock their flatland stores.

17-Jun-20
I always just order direct from Mtn House. Price usually as good as any. Right now they are out of most everything, but I have 20 or more meals on hand so not too concerned. Besides. should only need one or two meals if I'm any kind of an elk hunter!!

17-Jun-20
Whocares That explains why I need 2 weeks worth!

17-Jun-20

cnelk's Link
Per Mtn House - these items are back in stock, and more coming soon. See link

17-Jun-20
By the way, I ordered 10 of those military granola with blueberry breakfasts. Just add about 2 oz cold water and eat. I tried one and liked it.

17-Jun-20
I buy a couple hundred dollars worth every fall around Black Friday directly from Mtn House and get my favorite flavors this way as cheap as those Costco generic mix boxes. Doesn’t help now but get on their email list and wait for one of those 30-50% off sales they run

18-Jun-20
Next Mile Meals, which have by far the best dinners (Italian Meatball, Roast Beef, and Taco) will give you 10% off if you buy 50 of them, which I just did. You need a code, it's like HUNGRYHIKER10 or something like that. They also have free shipping on orders >$100.

19-Jun-20
I've been a big fan of Mountain House for several years now. We all know the advantages of freeze dried when weight is a factor. I really like most of them. I would like to see larger varieties and I recently came across Homestyle Chicken Noodle Casserole. It was the first time I had seen it so I thought I would try some out.

It had a good taste but seemed pretty bland to me like it needed more salt. With a package containing 1300 mg of salt, I found that to be pretty unusual. Just my opinion on this FYI.

19-Jun-20
Might have to order a couple Next Miles and try them. Almost double the cost of Mtn House. But like I posted earlier if I'm any kind of elk hunter only need 1 or 2. :) Z Barebow you probably couldn't afford it then! :) :)

19-Jun-20
Trevor nailed it. Sign up for Mtn House's e-mail blasts. Seems like they have sales frequently 20-30% off. When I see a good one I generally buy 10 meals or so. I actually eat them on occasion other than backcountry hunting. All day hunts, ice fishing, etc. I don't mind them at all, some are pretty good. Proceeding this way I always have enough around for my hunts and get them at a good price.

19-Jun-20
76aggie- I think MH renamed that flavor a couple of years ago. (I think it used to be Chicken ala King) I chow that one. (I eat the 3 "serving" size in one sitting!)

RE: $$$. I look at it like this. I spend money on food whether I am at home or on the mountain. I don't even factor food in as a hunting expense. If I add up my cost per day, it is a little more than at home. But my food choices in the backcountry have greater importance and less room for error. (Calories, protein, carbs, etc)

19-Jun-20
Go on the Black Ovis website Peak premium freeze dried meals more expensive but way more protein!

19-Jun-20
Z true on that. I never consider food as part of the expense. I am going to try those Next Miles. Like Brotsky I use the freeze died on other occassions too for the simplicity, plus they taste as good as anything I can cook at home!

19-Jun-20
It's too late now but Cabelas had Mountain house in the bargain cave about 25% off a few weeks ago. I was going to post the sale but forgot, sorry about that. Almost everything is on back order but I've received about half so far and the rest is supposed to still be coming. You just have to keep your eyes open to find a deal.

19-Jun-20
I just place my first order of peaks from guide pro. Its a really good deal if you qualify.

• Sitka Gear