ArcherySniper 24-Jun-20
sasquatch 24-Jun-20
hunt'n addict 24-Jun-20
Firsty 24-Jun-20
yooper89 24-Jun-20
18-Jun-20

Realhunter's embedded Photo
Realhunter's embedded Photo
I’d like to see a DIY rather than the highest bidder take the next toad out of these units.

Anyone with a unit 23 NM elk tag. Here’s your lucky day wanna see monster bulls in a unit everyone calls a hard hunt. Want to see them off the highway? Instructions, waypoint, and areas of interest below. Most honest piece of honey hole elk country you’ll read today.

The bull pictured, no joke was killed right by the highway. Everyday countless people drive by and think nothing of it. Right off highway 180w and the mangas road is where you’ll find these beasts. They spend a lot of time in both 24 and 23 bouncing in and out of private. Look on any imaging system and you see the depressions east of agua alto water tank and there erosion dams the elk go all about these low desert ridges from the Tyrone mine to blacksmith canyon. You’ll find them repeatedly in up the deep draw near Fleming canyon. The 24 side is hard to hunt them unless their in one of the checkerboard areas of public but the 23 side is easy. Park off the highway where the little piece of Forrest touches 180 or go around and walk in from the saddle rock side. Big bulls dominate this area.

Here’s an onx way point to get you in the right area.

32.77611, -108.48253

You can go farther south and find elk all the way to edge of the mountains and desert but they get much harder to find. In mangas there’s a large herd/herds that live there and are easy to find.

Go smash a toad.

18-Jun-20
Name: Real Hunter from New Mexico Bowsite Handle: "Realhunter"

Hmmmmmmm

18-Jun-20
Wow, nice gesture...or, are you trying to sabotage someone else's hunt, that you are not very fond of? ;^)

18-Jun-20
Guessing someone is going to be pissed. I've hunted 23 in the past, likely will never go back because of draw odds aren't any better for a NR there than units I like better. However, I know there are elk in places people don't normally look there and now one of those spots, if real, is now on a public forum which means there will be a line of vehicles parked there Sept 1. Can't help but wonder who pissed the OP off. If he wanted to actually share it with someone, he could have been discreet in a way that kept it a good spot, but posting it this way, wow!

18-Jun-20
Or maybe all the pressure will push them to where he will be hunting :-)

18-Jun-20

Predeter's embedded Photo
Predeter's embedded Photo

18-Jun-20
Oh man, this is hilarious. Gotta wonder what set the dude off.

At least he’s being “Real” about it.

18-Jun-20
That pin looks dry and barren. Could be he’s just thinking he can direct traffic to the opposite side of the unit. I’m sure there are elk in the vicinity but that doesn’t look like where I’d start.

18-Jun-20
Finally someone helping someone else out!

18-Jun-20
He’s probably mad at an outfitter in that area because he didn’t kill a bull. This guy has been putting up the same post on all the hunting sites.

18-Jun-20
That or an outfitter or rancher that has the private property next to the spot. Regardless, I'm annoyed and I doubt I'll ever apply for 23 again, let alone draw the tag. Can't imagine what guys who have found some of the little places in the south are thinking about it. As for moving people to other side of the unit, they do that already. 90% of the hunters in 23 spend 90% of the time in the very northern part of the unit.

18-Jun-20
Thats the million dollar bull....well not a million but you guys catch my drift. Settling the score with an outfitter... ? Everything he said is legit ,and the way that all happened is complete BS for sure. This post should help all the guys chances in the northern half the unit hahaha.

24-Jun-20
son of a B!!! this damn bull has caused a lot of people some heartache but damn! even with the guides/outfitters in the area i tried to compete and get a tag for these bulls and ended up not drawing anything. all i can say now is go forth and hunt hard. if your trying to beat the guide that successfully guided the that hunter good luck . that dudes on it. we'll see what scraps are left next year if i can get a tag.

24-Jun-20
So I can Road Hunt it, sweet baby James...Yeti is packed! LMAO

24-Jun-20
"if your trying to beat the guide that successfully guided the that hunter good luck "

I don't think he's trying to " beat" him, just get even .

24-Jun-20
you can road scout lol. i guess you can road hunt too as long as your OK shooting from the highway over private land.

i meant beat the guides to this years upcoming hunts for these bulls in the same area. it'd be my guess the same people hunting it will still go out at look for the ones they missed last year regardless of this post blasting this spot on the internet.

24-Jun-20

Dyjack's embedded Photo
Dyjack's embedded Photo
Everyone typing coords into onx right now.

The big cool bull is dead. Why the hell would I want to go pick up the satellite scraps?

Edit: isn't this place burning? Or has a fire right by it?

24-Jun-20
why hunt there you ask. #1 - genetics are obviously going to be tremendous. #2 - these satellite bulls you talk of are still big bulls. splitlimb13 is confirming the original post is legit. i personally have seen both the bull killed last year, and 2 others well past 370" . like i said i really was hoping for a 23 tag. even as my first choice i didn't get it.

24-Jun-20
Gotcha. What's the coords of the ones well past 370?

24-Jun-20
ill let Realhunter take on that one. knowing where their at and knowing theres big elk in the area are 2 different things.

24-Jun-20
can someone update me on all what is going on here, the bask story?

24-Jun-20
Interesting the OP and ArcherySniper neither have real names! Isn't that against user agreement?

24-Jun-20
Nothing to see here, move along folks

24-Jun-20
Lol so much for enforcing site rules eh?

• Sitka Gear