12yards 17-Apr-23
SimonPatel 18-Apr-23
DonVathome 25-Apr-23
KHNC 25-Apr-23
HDE 25-Apr-23
Whocares 25-Apr-23
lascalynbtar1983 08-May-23
19-Jun-20
I have not been back to gym since March. I have found working out at home to much better than I thought. I have the basic free weights, a TRX suspension system, a treadmill, p/t bands, and just added a set of battle ropes, which are great. What has everyone else added or what do you have?

19-Jun-20
Kettle bells and dumb bells are a nice addition to add flavor to your strength and cardio workouts.

19-Jun-20
Total Gym, dumb bells, lighter free weights, pull ups, push ups, sit ups and a treadmill. I haven't been to a gym in many years but can still get a good workout with what I have for what my goals are.

19-Jun-20
I'm with ya … my wife and I just cancelled our membership (will save us $75/month). Have free weights, P/T bands, thread mill, and plan to start riding my bike more. Also, plan to hike/backpack/fish more this year. Now I just have to get into a new routine.

19-Jun-20
I still have gym membership. I find I am more committed when I go to the gym. I had kettlebells on order in March, and then the supply chain went to h#ll. I still want to add some additional kettlebell weights for home. (But I am not going to spend $60+ per to do it) I will buy some Quikcrete and make my own before I drop that much $$$.

19-Jun-20
It was a great time to sell my road bike and Olympic weight set. Kept my rack, bench, dumbbells, but I'll probably sell my rack and just get a pullup bar for the garage. A couple of med balls are good to have along with resistance bands. Like gh, I need a pool for tri training.

19-Jun-20
I've had a treadmill for a loooong time, pullup bar, a few dumbbells, some bands, pushup counter app (I'm just shy of 20,000 since the middle of February), and a gps running watch. Not a lot of equipment needed if you look around and get creative.

19-Jun-20
I quit home and went back to the gym last week!

19-Jun-20
Costco Proform Hitt Trainer. I've also Ben hiking with weighted pack. Living at over 6000ft helps.

19-Jun-20
2 bowflex machines. Tread climber and power rod apparatus. Walk just short of 3 miles almost every day. Do push-ups occasionally.

I feel strong, but my big problem is my diet. I just eat too much!

19-Jun-20
Wife and I got a squat rack, plates, etc., and been training squat/bench/dead/presses at home ... still CrossFit 2x/week for conditioning. Been an enjoyable change.

19-Jun-20
My CrossFit gym closed for 2 months for covid. I started back 2 weeks ago. I just can’t get motivated to work out at home. The constant changing of daily workout routines is what keeps me coming back to CrossFit. I refuse to just do a treadmill and weights. Need to mix it up. I think CrossFit with the cardio and strength training combined is best to get me ready to hunt out west.

19-Jun-20
I miss the gym but mine is appointment only and that’s annoying to me soo I got a treadmill an elliptical a rower and a simple weight bench

19-Jun-20

Glunt@work's embedded Photo
Glunt@work's embedded Photo
I have taken different approach.

19-Jun-20
Glunt does "ranch fit" class. ;-)

19-Jun-20
I'm with Deertick. Same York olympic weight set since 1968. Purchased by my dad for my brothers and I because at that time there was only one local gym with real weights (barbells) and we were lifting there. He thought that would keep us home HA!

Conditioning on road bike and hiking.

19-Jun-20
Also haven't been back to the gym since they shut down in March. I'm a total gym rat and Martial Arts/self defense Instructor. Luckily we have a universal in the garage with a full set of dumbells. Also I teach out of my garage so have Muy Tai bag and all the training toys. Haven't missed a beat working out. Just miss the adrenaline rush at the gym and a host of friends. Also ride my bicycle 5 times a week.

19-Jun-20
I made a sled and attached 300’ of rope to it. I can add weight to it if needed. Pulling about 125lbs 300’ 3 or 4 times in a row will bring u to your knees

19-Jun-20
125lb sled 300 ft would definitely get you ready for elk hunting. Man, that's tough.

19-Jun-20
It sucks. I can pull it one way without stopping, a struggle from there on. Especially on our beautiful Florida summer nights, 90degrees and 90%humidity

19-Jun-20
We've often considered offering a "Paleo Organic Workout" class.

Outside, all natural and about 800, 60# reps

19-Jun-20
Just can't see sweating to the mirrors. Mostly fence rebuilding, fire wood cut, split, stack. Last week a BIG trailer of small square alfalfa. Set back last week tho, a new knee so it will be awhile catching up. Told the wife I would take up jogging just as soon as I saw one of them joggers smiling???

19-Jun-20
Grunt for the win. Having grown up on a farm, I know all too well of what he speaks.

19-Jun-20
The 24Hr 3 blocks from me is closing...bummer.

Home gym stuff is like hens teeth here. I found a Play it again that can get a Marcy Smith Machine #4033 that I'm going to give a shot.

19-Jun-20
"Told the wife I would take up jogging just as soon as I saw one of them joggers smiling???"

keepemsharp- I'm definitely going to have to steal that one. Makes perfect sense and did actually make me laugh out loud.

19-Jun-20

Panhandle Bob's embedded Photo
Panhandle Bob's embedded Photo
I converted a spare bedroom into a home gym. Used these 24"X24"X1" HD foam tiles for the floor. So far I've put in a treadmill, Weights and bench, pull-up bar, girlfriend got a Fluidity Bar, TV for streaming workout like P90X, etc...plenty of floor space for workouts.

Loving it...get my workouts in before work every morning.

19-Jun-20
Quit the gym membership and added an elliptical and full commercial stair master to an already owned treadmill, dumb bells, bands etc.

19-Jun-20
Right now I’m lifting a glass of Jim Beam and Coke. I plan more reps tomorrow.......

19-Jun-20
Rowing erg, Tacxx indoor trainer (attaches to my road bike), "The block" adjustable dumbbells and a wide range of bands/balls/elastic tubing... It works. But if I dont get to go back to a gym soon, I'm going to feel bad about getting rid of an olympic bar and plates last year... May have to buy that stuff again, in which case I may get a clean rack too... Or a Hex bar (love those for all sorts of movements).

19-Jun-20
I have my own BowFlex, dumbbells and Elliptical...That and living somewhat in the hills helps...

19-Jun-20
I have a bench, dumbells, exercise ball, stretch bands and a television in a finished basement so a nice environment to workout. As a matter of fact, the big area rug has elk on it! And I hike the ski hill for 2 or 3 miles several days a week. Plus I regularly exercise my draw arm similar to drycreek. But mine is vodka and water, a healthier beverage.

19-Jun-20
Ab roller wheel is a good cheap addition to home gym

19-Jun-20
Right now I’m lifting a glass of Jim Beam and Coke. I plan more reps tomorrow.......

Twelve ounce curls on the weekend. Can’t lose too much weight cause my pants won’t fit(don’t know if y’all have priced cinch jeans lately)

20-Jun-20
Back in the gym with my workout partner. Really missed being there, the variety, the accountability and pushing each other. Have been playing tennis 2-3X/wk since September.

15-Apr-23
Drycreek,

You have a proved plan of success there- don't change anything other than gradual increase of reps!!

15-Apr-23

2Wild Bill's embedded Photo
2Wild Bill's embedded Photo
Road cycling and calesthenics.

15-Apr-23
I’ve been working out at home fro decades. Never belonged to a gym. I can do my in home work out, shower and relax in the time it would take me to drive to gym, and get dressed. Plus, my weight machine and tread mill are paid for.

15-Apr-23
Bowflex Max Trainer, Pull up bar, treadmill, and free weights. Living in Wyoming during the winter months you have to adapt to stay in shape. I live in the county so it’s nice to have the freedom to work out at home.

15-Apr-23
Peloton for wife. Assault bike, squat rack, bench, dumbbells, sandbags, kettlebell, TRX, and plyo box. Not cheap but it’s mine forever. Plan to add more bumper plates and dumbbells, possibly a treadmill and a sauna when we finish our basement.

15-Apr-23
Haven't been to a gym since college, except to take photos of Paul Navarre working out for a feature I wrote for Bowhunter.

I have kettlebells, free weights, resistance bands, bicycles, and weighted pack. Only thing missing is hot gym chicks 40 years younger...

15-Apr-23

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
Love my gym. A local guy who started in a dinky little shop downtown now moved into a nice, large facility and constantly adding equipment.

Plus, the coolest gym dog ever. This is HIS chair. Don't sit in it.

15-Apr-23
I’ll admit, I hate working out. Be it at home or at a gym, I just lose interest after a few weeks.

On the flip side, I can strap on my pack and hike the hills until the cows come home. I find it more enjoyable and the miles really stack up! Is it a complete body workout? Probably not, but it’s worked for me for how I hunt.

15-Apr-23
My intense work out is all in the water. So I need a pool and.am.lucky to have a Y near my home, and the use of an Olympic qualified pool by my other house in the UP.

Otherwise yes I would have most equipment at home

Tough to do combat swims and my fin work in my bath tub. Ha ha

17-Apr-23
Peloton bike and tread, free weights, bench, squat rack, box, bands, balls, bells, hell we have it all. And it gets used everyday. Not by me, but the better half! Ha!

17-Apr-23
I keep it simple.Pull-up bar, kettlebells, exercise bands, a rowing machine and running shoes. That's it for me.

17-Apr-23
RePost

17-Apr-23
I quit the gym almost 30 years ago. I thought how hard can it be to come up with an at home program to keep me in decent shape. It isn't hard and it's far cheaper.

18-Apr-23
I completely relate - I haven't been back to my gym since the pandemic started and have been pleasantly surprised by how effective and convenient home workouts can be. But I recently came across a really interesting option for those who have some outdoor space - bespoke insulated garden gyms! I think this could be a great solution for anyone who wants a dedicated workout space without having to leave their property. I found a company that offers these garden gyms and wanted to share the link in case anyone else is interested gardenrooms.scot. I just thought it was a unique and cool option worth mentioning.

25-Apr-23
Decent elliptical was the best $1k I will ever spend. Watch TV, call friends, I prefer biking but rainy days and winter make it impossible half the time. A good olympic bench set, a few dumbells and a cable machine for back exercises and I am fine. I work out 6 days a week and I am in great shape and see no need for a gym ever again.

25-Apr-23
I didnt quit the gym. However, I added a YZ250F MX bike and a motocross bike in my backyard. Covers 3 acres. Quit actively racing and riding 20 years ago after 10 year run. Awesome cardio and endurance workout, and a lot of fun. I wont go back to racing , but i still love to ride. 30-40 mins after work, 3 days a week , in addition to a couple days at the gym. Getting to be in great shape for elk season already.

25-Apr-23
I quit gym.

25-Apr-23
I work out regularly but am thinking of quitting. Just seem to be attracting too many women! Who needs that at 76. :(

08-May-23
I can understand how having unwanted attention at the gym can be uncomfortable, regardless of age. But don't let that stop you from continuing your fitness journey! Maybe instead of quitting the gym, you could consider adding some equipment to your home gym. That way, you can work out in the comfort of your own home without worrying about any unwanted attention. And who knows, maybe you'll enjoy the convenience of having your own gym so much that you'll never want to go back to a public gym again! By the way, if you're looking to take your fitness knowledge to the next level, have you considered a level 3 personal trainer course online? It could be a great way to learn even more about fitness and help others achieve their goals too.

• Sitka Gear