Whocares 19-Jun-20
Deertick 20-Jun-20
Beendare 20-Jun-20
Inshart 20-Jun-20
elknailer 20-Jun-20
Meat Grinder 20-Jun-20
YZF-88 20-Jun-20
19-Jun-20
By now most of us know where we’re heading this year. So how are you going to kill your elk? Tree stand on a trail? Ground blind over a water hole? Spot and stalk? Bugle?

I love bugling bulls. I have no patience or desire to sit and wait. I’ll pass up 10 bulls to get to a bull that’ll thrash a tree and come in snarling.

19-Jun-20
It depends on the situation. Three of us on a guided hunt in mid Sept in NM. Its mostly a bugle and stalk type of hunt. But I’ve told the guides that I’m wide open and sure would set by waterholes, if prospects are good. And I’ll set in tree stands, what ever it takes.

19-Jun-20
Depends on the situation. It'll be most likely spot and stalk.

19-Jun-20
The bull will call me in.

19-Jun-20
^^^ This

19-Jun-20
With my bow..;)

19-Jun-20
You left out this option In Washington state.

All fully guided hunts take place exclusively on private land. Olympic Mountain Outfitters leases prime private properties all across Washington State. Our hunting properties have food plots that we groom on a regular basis so that the vegetation is fresh green growth which the animals can’t resist.

We start baiting the food plots early in the summer. Each stand location will see thousands of pounds of apples to insure shot opportunities for our hunters later in the year. Our deer hunters have enjoyed a nearly 100% shot opportunity for the past 5 years. The elk and deer will devour upwards of 250 thousand pounds of Washington’s famous apples per season giving our hunters a success rate they have come back for year after year!

The area we hunt has the fastest growing Elk population in Washington. Habitat enhancement has improved our shot success to over 85%. Even the unlucky 15% raved about our camp site, food, and the hunting experience. Click on the species of your choice below for details on these first class high success hunts.

19-Jun-20
Whatever it takes, but most likely spot and stalk.

19-Jun-20
With my bow and an arrow tipped with a razor sharp broadhead. He will taste the same no matter what hunting method. GREATTT!

19-Jun-20
Whatever it takes. I suck at killing elk so won't be picky and plan to be a lot more aggressive.

19-Jun-20
Call him in or nothing! (grin) For me that's hunting the rut! If I wanted to ambush or spot & stalk with little to no calling I'd hunt Nov. forward! I know there's many ways to hunt elk but the gratification & adrenaline rush I receive is why I'm out there & 2nd to none!

I've taken a couple of bulls in spot & stalk fashion, when done I feel like I let myself down, weird I know but it's true, go figure!

ElkNut

19-Jun-20
Tree stand at first using my Great Plains recurve bow. My bucket list for sure, bull elk with the stick.

19-Jun-20
What if I only have a cow tag? :) Spot and stalk.

19-Jun-20
Don’t have a tag yet...

Depends on if I can get a decent tag or not. Might just skip it if the only option is OTC.

If I do elk’n this year, it most likely will either be spot & stalk or let him call me...

19-Jun-20
Like most of my hunts, in my dreams!

19-Jun-20
Spot and stalk, Calling, or maybe an ambush from the ground. I go into all of my elk hunts pretty open minded, just take the situation as it is presented to me. calling is a lot of fun, and I’ve had really good luck calling in big bulls. But when they are really going nuts, just staying with the Heard and shadowing them and watching and trying to make a move to get in range of the big guy is just so damn much fun too LOL..

19-Jun-20
Any way that works.

19-Jun-20
Hopefully, by severing his aorta with a sharp broadhead.....

19-Jun-20
I'm gonna shoot one out of a treestand in CO over a wallow. Then I'm gonna shoot one on the stalk in WY.

Confidence kills :)

19-Jun-20
Doing deer above timberline with my bow this year so both my elk tags will be with the 300 Weatherby

19-Jun-20
My partner and I killed two bulls in one Day last Season...one running and gunning, and one by tree stand. You just never know...

19-Jun-20
Whatever it takes...call him in or spot and stalk.

19-Jun-20
If it’s in the morning, I’ll kill him from the ground. If I kill him in the evening, it’ll be from my treestand.

19-Jun-20
I’m going full primitive. Gonna jump on him out of a tree and apply a rear naked choke!

19-Jun-20
"I’m going full primitive. Gonna jump on him out of a tree and apply a rear naked choke!"

Hahaha...please post a video!!!

19-Jun-20
I will do many things in September. In the end, I'll call, he'll come, and I'll kill him ;)

19-Jun-20
Oh come on, Tavis, you know the country well enough to find some fun spots OTC! What ya gona do, sit home on the deck while we're out having fun?

19-Jun-20
Every one I've killed has been different. I don't expect that to change this year.

19-Jun-20
Hope I can kill one. With the season date changes I only get one day to hunt then have to be at the ranch Wednesday for the first group of hunters. I get each Tuesday off. Maybe Jaq will give me one of his honey holes.

20-Jun-20
Lots of wildcards in that question ... but I’m feeling excited with a LE draw this year. Scouting this weekend. With broken up time I can say “Solo” is the answer to the question.

20-Jun-20
I will let the conditions dictate my strategy.....

20-Jun-20
Hopefully by "deflating" both his/her lungs with a some sharp steel!

20-Jun-20
Typically spot and talk or I sneak in on a bull that is bugling or making some sounds on his own. I call less each year, but bugling one in occasionally is pretty fun when it works out.

20-Jun-20
ambush, and run a 600gr surewood with a 125 griz through his boiler room at 12 yds.

20-Jun-20
If I don't start planning when to use the Colorado preference points I've built up, my bull will be killed by old age...lol.

20-Jun-20
Call and stalk works best in the heavily hunted areas I go.

• Sitka Gear