BULELK1 20-Jun-20
CPAhunter 21-Jun-20
tkjwonta 21-Jun-20
Brotsky 22-Jun-20
Lost Arra 22-Jun-20
wytex 22-Jun-20
20-Jun-20
Slim Pickings on the Leftover Type 9 tags-------->

Most, not all, along the Yellowstone east Border and Wilderness for the most part....

56-9

59-1

60-9

67-9

For those still interested,

Robb

21-Jun-20
Please tell me the difference in a -6 v -7 tag. Area 7 cow tags are sold out of-7 but there’s 321 -6 tags.

And what’s a type 9?

21-Jun-20
Type 9 is archery only. Type 6 vs type 7 depends on the unit, some differ on private vs public, some differ on geography (west vs east part of unit), etc. Unfortunately there's no blanket statement that defines one versus the other in all cases.

22-Jun-20
Best way to answer your question on the type 6-7-4-2 elk tags is to look at that area on the Wyoming game and fish hunt planner. They explain it very clearly along with season dates, areas, and archery options.

22-Jun-20
In the area I hunt the type 7 only differs from a type 6 on when you can hunt with a rifle. Archery season is the same. Type 7 for rifle is usually later, like January. There are a lot more Type 6 tags than Type 7.

I was surprised the number of full price cow tags that sold out in the first draw.

22-Jun-20
Some Type 7 tags are for private land only or other restrictions in the area. Area 7 has some full price cow tags available.

• Sitka Gear