Contributors to this thread:
bowdude 20-Jun-20
gobbler 20-Jun-20
pirogue 20-Jun-20
bowdude 20-Jun-20
Jims 20-Jun-20
bowdude 21-Jun-20
20-Jun-20
I have a Vortex spotting scope and want to do some digiscoping as I go scouting. I am going to use a Canon G9 Mark II point and shoot camera and will need an adaptor. Any suggestions of adaptors to look at? It does not have a threaded filter. What are some of you using for your digiscoping?

20-Jun-20
PhoneSkope and my I phone

20-Jun-20
I’ve had a Tines Up for several years. I view it as an adapter can help prevent bad images, but only as good as the spotter, and camera matchup.

20-Jun-20
Gobbler, I have a PhoneSkope and it does okay, but I know I can do better with a better camera. Point and shoot camera's are recommended for best results. The camera I have has a 1 inch processor which should make a big difference in picture quality, phone camera's generally have a 1/4 inch processor.

Pirogue, I will look into a Tines Up. I was able to make an adapter that seems to work well. Not sure if a commercially made adapter would work any better. I am into this one $4 and a few hours time.

20-Jun-20
I just bought a Nikon P950. It has an 83x superzoom. It is supposed to take incredible photos and video that are many steps above quality of phoneskopes. Before the Nikon I used a Canon with a 65x superzoom that took incredible photos and video that were fantastic for scouting, field judging, and hunting trips.

21-Jun-20
Thanks for sharing Jims

• Sitka Gear