Basinboy 21-Jun-20
Treeline 21-Jun-20
Kurt 21-Jun-20
Bowboy 21-Jun-20
Hessticles 21-Jun-20
Hessticles 21-Jun-20
TRnCO 22-Jun-20
20-Jun-20
Decent moose hunting video, half rifle and half bow...."Beyond the Roar".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taQDY0PpQLshttps://rackcamp.com/2017/07/01/beyond-the-roar/?

20-Jun-20
WOW, what a hunt, 2 nice bulls. Then on the float out, with those big antlers sticking up, it sure didn't look good when their canoe hit that big rock sideways, flipping them over .

20-Jun-20
Very cool video.....Thank you for sharing.

20-Jun-20
A raft would have been a lot more stable in the rough water...

The canoe just ups the “cool” factor!

Be hard to top that one. Maybe with a birchbark canoe and longbows...

Got me thinkin’!

20-Jun-20
Some incredible footage, especially with the drone!

20-Jun-20
Thanks for posting Kurt! Nice job boys!

21-Jun-20
Nicely done but a good show of what not to do on the fast water. Taking those chances in the rapids--they were very lucky not to lose more, ie, all that they worked so hard for. It is called, lining the canoe. my best, Paul

21-Jun-20
I really respect the writing. Get to the point with meaning. Don't waste words. Excellent.

21-Jun-20
Amazing hunt and video! Congrats

21-Jun-20
I would certainly not attempt to paddle a loaded canoe through rough water like that... I know I do not have the skills!

Would portage and/or “line” through those rapids as Paul says rather than risk it. Possibly even line through with a loaded raft from a safety aspect!

Too much chance of severe injuries or major damage to the canoe that could be life threatening or even fatal in a wilderness situation. Not to mention loss of gear and two moose that took so much effort!

21-Jun-20
I canoed a bunch in WI, Ontario and CO, ran a long section of the Green in UT and a bit here in BC. I would not run that set of rapids were they tipped over in an open canoe, nor the one they made it through. Wonder if all the moose meat was in the raft? What about the bow and rifle? Hope all the gear was tied on or it had a high likely-hood of it being lost!

Anyway, cool hunt, good message about doing stuff on your bucket list, but dang risky canoe trip from my perspective.

21-Jun-20
Great video and hunt. I would have used a rubber raft it handles rough water better in my experience.

21-Jun-20
A friend of mine is one of the owners/producers of that company and hes a hardcore bowhunter!! They put out some of the most amazing stuff I've ever seen! If you want to see more look up Rockhouse Motion on vimeo. It's like YouTube for those who dont know.

21-Jun-20

Hessticles's Link
This is a video he did for his dad! One of my favorites

22-Jun-20
I just did a float hunt in AK last fall, and we had rafts. Two things stuck out to me, #1, you won't catch me floating the river in the dark, at least the river we went down, and #2, you won't catch me floating the river in a canoe. We had our hands full with rafts, I can't imagine doing in a canoe. NOT for me. A week after our trip, down the same river, a hunter and guide got flipped over by a sweeper and lost much of their gear. It went from a trip of a life time to a life or death situation from what we heard. I'd think a canoe would just up the chances of that very thing happening.

• Sitka Gear