Treeline 11-Aug-22
Stekewood 11-Aug-22
LINK 11-Aug-22
Bou'bound 11-Aug-22
JohnMC 11-Aug-22
JL 11-Aug-22
Bigpizzaman 11-Aug-22
21-Jun-20
A few years ago there was at show about a young man who’s dad was taking him all over to get the super slam. He was getting close. Did he get it done. Is it still a pursuit. I think the name was Lincoln trapp or something g like that. It was very impressive and it seemed to be a quality high values family.

21-Jun-20
"YoungWild" was the name of the show, the kid was Lincoln Tapp. I sure was jealous of that kid, but it was always cool to see someone my age get to actually go on all the hunts I dreamed about. I follow him on social media and know he's really close, already got his sheep slam, but not sure exactly how many he has left. I do know they're still filming the show and should be done in a couple years at the most.

21-Jun-20

Hessticles's embedded Photo
Hessticles's embedded Photo
I ran into him and his dad this last fall in alaska and Lincoln said he had 4 animals left. 2 caribou, moose, and polar bear. He had the caribou and moose planned for last fall and the polar planned for this spring. Great guys I thought!

21-Jun-20
Good for them.

21-Jun-20
Ya always wonder what happen , sorta faded off the public scene. Tried google searching a few time but always came up with same old stuff.

Does he still do his shows ? Is he still going be youngest person when and if he gets all the current defined species?

Sure hoping they add wolf , lynx , and coyote to the NA slam list soon.

21-Jun-20
Good for them.

21-Jun-20

Hessticles's Link
Here is the most recent video on his YouTube channel. Great hunt for for the girl considering what shes battling! Warning they are rifle hunts! If only everyone had the determination she has!

21-Jun-20
Yes Lincoln Tapp is the "kid" and they had a phenomenal show YoungWild on Sportsman's Channel if I recall. Great cinematography, lot of focus on the habitat, scenery, other animals etc. that was refreshing compared to so many "hunting" shows. Not sure why they are no longer on TV.

21-Jun-20
That’s what I recall. Quality. He is special to have the skill and drive to do that at such a young age. Speaks a lot about perseverance and focus.

21-Jun-20
Great video Hess! That girl is an inspiration. Kudos to Lincoln for giving her the opportunity and sharing her journey.

22-Jun-20
Definitely hope Lincoln gets it done! Great kid and a great family. As I recall there were also a lot of haters and as always, a lot of ugly jealous trolls related to his pursuit. I can certainly understand why they may have decided to do this more privately. Best of luck young man! Looking forward to seeing the final animal fall!

22-Jun-20
Great post Brotsky. Lincoln is doing something the haters are jealous of.

22-Jun-20

22-Jun-20
Never hear of him or saw the show. Just wondering how old he is?

22-Jun-20
I believe hes 17 or 18 now

22-Jun-20
he was 12 when he took the stone sheep it is on you tube, very cool

22-Jun-20
WOW! I figured he’d e much older to have that many animals under his belt!

Stone sheep at 12? That’s CRAZY!!!!!!!!!

22-Jun-20
Yeah tried to get the dad to adopt me but no luck. I figured he could have doubled down with two kids.

22-Jun-20
He seems like a well grounded kid that happens to have been born into a family with above average resources. It’d be easy to let jealousy get the best of you, but he seems like a really respectful guy that doesn’t take the opportunities he has for granted. I wish him all the best on his slam.

22-Jun-20

Bou'bound's Link
8 min stone sheep hunt video attached

22-Jun-20
He needs a haircut as much as me after 3 months off the road system in AK.

I trust he'll get it done and good for him. I hope he loves and respects his dad as much as his dad loves and respects him. He's beyond lucky to be born to such a man.

22-Jun-20
Idly - I don’t think there has ever been truer words spoken. Lincoln and his dad have a closer connection than most people will ever experience. Good on them.

22-Jun-20
Doesn’t he also have some form of Autism? That’s what led him to archery in the first place? If so, pretty incredible

23-Jun-20
if not it's still pretty incredible.

23-Jun-20
The really cool thing about it..... with having a show it's tax deductible.... =D

23-Jun-20
He spoke at P&Y. He didn’t seem to have autism. Seemed like a pretty normal kid.

23-Jun-20
I've visited with Lincoln, his dad and cameraman at the sheep show. They were are incredibly nice guys. Seems like there was a video of him talking about dyslexia, ADHA or another learning issue, I don't think it was autism. It has been fun to watch him mature and represent archery hunting in such a positive way. I know my daughters are inspired by him, or his good looks.??

23-Jun-20
I know he has some form of learning disability. Could be ADD I don’t remember. Probably not autism but there are many forms of it. I have a nephew with Autism.

24-Jun-20
They seem to be a great family. Nice to see such a great father son team. I have to hand it to the dad for being a spectator. I’m hoping the young man will grow up to be a great ambassador for hunting.

10-Aug-22
Guess so!

https://news.okstate.edu/articles/business/2022/face2face_tapp.html

11-Aug-22

Nick Muche's Link
Lincoln is a great kid, happy to have hosted he and Jim several times. Heres a link to the article.

11-Aug-22
Thanks for the link, Nick. Lincoln will be successful in whatever he does, people will be jealous, there will be haters, and he will most likely enjoy a prosperous and fulfilling life. Good for him.

Look around at his peers - so many are fat, inked, pierced, video gaming losers who expect to be handed something for nothing, and who complain because they can't get ahead in life. This kid is on the opposite end of the teeter totter.

11-Aug-22
Great story! Obviously comes from a good family!

11-Aug-22
That's incredible! Most likely will never be done again by someone that young, for many reasons.

11-Aug-22
Awesome accomplishment!

11-Aug-22
Very cool. Congratulations to him!

11-Aug-22
He’s headed to O State. He obviously has his head screwed on straight.

11-Aug-22
Amazing and hard earned

11-Aug-22
Link they didn't accept him at OU so he had to settle or maybe he just likes plus sized women. In all seriousness his story is cool. Even if he did pick a second rate college but at least he didn't go to Texass.

11-Aug-22
This is a great story that should be shared far and wide.

11-Aug-22
Congrats to that young man !

11-Aug-22
Amazing !!! Hope to see him this winter at a show!

• Sitka Gear