DonVathome 06-Jul-20
Mike Ukrainetz 07-Jul-20
APauls 07-Jul-20
22-Jun-20

Mike Ukrainetz's embedded Photo
A big bull for us from 2019
A big bull for us from 2019
Due to the USA border uncertainty we are offering a couple of elk Rifle Hunts for Canadians ONLY in Canadian dollars instead of our normal US funds price, basically a 35% DISCOUNT right now. $6000 CDN per person plus 5% GST and a $550 CDn license. Hunt dates are peak rut with a rifle, Sept 17 to 22 or Sept 23 to 29. We could take 1 or 2 hunters. Call or text me anytime at 780 864 7736, thanks!

22-Jun-20
It looks like you are not too optimistic about the border reopening anytime soon.

22-Jun-20
I was thinking the same thing Eric!

Hope it works out for you though Mike.

—Jim

23-Jun-20
Hi Eric, yes I’m losing faith quickly but it is normal for me to have a handful of hunts open in June, especially elk rifle hunts, the odd Bowhunt, but they are usually quickly sold to Americans for full price who are unsuccessful in the USA draws. The uncertainty of the border has screwed that up. Better to fill them now with Canadians at a discount. I think I have one of them sold already. It’s a great opportunity for a Canadian especially for an Eastern Canadian where they don’t have elk. Once the border opens this discounted hunt is very unlikely to happen again.

Thanks too Jim! I really appreciate anyone’s support during this tough time.

23-Jun-20

Another 2019 bull
Another 2019 bull
This is a pretty typical size bull for us, I know it’s not huge but when do you get to experience the elk rut with a rifle in hand?! And stay at a nice lodge with an endless amount of country to hunt?

23-Jun-20
This looks like a great deal, eh! Going to take my wife to Tim's to get some bits and talk it over to see what she thinks aboot it.

Now that I'm Canadian I can take advantage of this offer! :) Great deal here Mike, hopefully you find a taker, would love to kill an elk up there some day.

23-Jun-20
I think you qualify now Brotsky! Haha Love to have you come up!!

24-Jun-20
I hope you fill these up Mike! Cool opportunity for a Canadian resident for sure.

I'm losing faith about border opening up as every day goes by. Sure going to be a rough fall on a lot of outfitters.

24-Jun-20
About 10 years ago, I backpacked into Canada and back into the USA in the Selkirks. Canada doesn't have a wall. There's ways in...

24-Jun-20
I was just about to ask Mike if I sneak in, will he pick me up?! ;-)

24-Jun-20
You can actually drive into Canada if you say you are going to Alaska. I’m at mile zero of the Alaska highway...

24-Jun-20
Even better! I plan to go to Alaska sometime in the future, so I won't even have to lie! ;-)

24-Jun-20
USLM!!!

27-Jun-20
following

28-Jun-20
I really hope they open the border, I believe the next decision is around July 21?

This is a big blow to the outfitters, and selfishly, I am supposed to go to Sask for a waterfowl hunt the first week of Oct, crossing the border on sept 30. It’s been 5 years since I’ve been, and I am getting nervous!

28-Jun-20
I have a hunt planned for Nov in Alberta.. Very nervous

28-Jun-20

28-Jun-20

28-Jun-20

28-Jun-20

28-Jun-20
Man Bass, you are VERY nervous.

28-Jun-20

29-Jun-20
Haha, Bass is doing some quintuplet tapping!

01-Jul-20
Apologies for the multiple reply's. No idea how that even happens

06-Jul-20
Isnt the OP assuming border is NOT opening up hence looking for Canadians only? Just curious.

07-Jul-20
DonVathome, the problem is that I can’t book anyone in this year from the USA with a currently closed border, waiting is too late to book new hunters when I can’t guarantee a hunt will take place. Now I’m even double booking some hunts out to November with Canadians just to cover my butt, refund to Canadians if it opens.

07-Jul-20
Smart move Mike. When our PM doesn't even attend the NAFTA signing along with Trump and Mexican president at the time we've been threatened with more tariffs it doesn't give me much hope on the border reopening. I really feel for the outfitters.

Certain provinces are already full of yankees "travelling to Alaska" anyways. If they can spend a week in Banff you'd think they could stop for a week to hunt.

• Sitka Gear