Beendare 23-Jun-20
Mathews 24-Jun-20
Mathews 24-Jun-20
Grey Ghost 24-Jun-20
Mathews 24-Jun-20
LINK 24-Jun-20
oldgoat 25-Jun-20
22-Jun-20
Hey guys I’m newer to archery. So I shoot a Mathews z3, 70lbs draw 28.5inch arrow, 300 spline. I just got the bow papertuned and I am hitting bullseyes left and right. I put the same grain Broadhead on and I’m all other the board. Some will hit center some will go left,right,up and down. Does anyone have any advice?

22-Jun-20
Contrary to what’s coming shortly.......Don’t sell your bow and get a Hoyt! ;-)

I know enough about tuning to get by (barely), but there are several guys on here that will be able to help you out. Welcome to the club, BTW. Archery is a blast!

23-Jun-20

23-Jun-20
I’m by no means an expert, but the complete lack of any consistencies would have me puzzled. Good luck

23-Jun-20
Here are some things you can try:

1. Try mixing and matching broadheads to arrows. Some arrows just don’t eat specific heads well 2. If you’re shooting a rest where vane direction isn’t important you could try rotating the arrow on the nock to see if that solves it

Do you know if whoever cut your arrows squared them? If not, they won’t be flying well with broadheads most likely no matter what you do.

23-Jun-20
I'd start with the arrow/broadhead combination. Make sure they are spinning good. No use tuning a bow to a wobbly arrow.

23-Jun-20
What broadhead and width? What brand and model shafts? Fletching Brand and size? What rest?

23-Jun-20
With my Elites, I usually set my centershot to spec then shoot a group with fletched field point arrows at 15-20 yards. I then shoot a bare shaft at 15-20 yards. If I'm tail left, right, up or down, I micro-adjust the rest or cable guard to get my bare shafts to hit straight with fletched shafts. Ranch Fairy has good youtube video on how to do this. I can then get my fixed broadheads to hit with field tips doing this. DO NOT SHOOT BROADHEADS ON A BARE SHAFT WHEN DOING THIS!!

23-Jun-20
Could be form issues if that inconsistent like face pressure or torquing grip. Being underspined could also cause that, although it doesn't seem like you would be at 300 spine unless you have a lot of weight upfront. I paper tune as a first level tune, but then shoot bare shafts at 20-40 yards compared to a fletched shaft for fine tuning.

23-Jun-20
First thing I'd check is to see if the same arrow goes consistently in the same direction. This will identify whether the problem is with the arrows themselves or with your form or tuning. Simply marking them with a number on the fletching and charting the misses for a few rounds of practice should reveal the presence of any consistent tendencies. Then you can pursue the cause of any such tendency by spinning the arrow to find a wobble or any misalignment between the head and the shaft, etc.

If you do find one arrow that consistently hits in the same direction from the group, and you can find no misalignment or other obvious cause, you might want to check the nock by switching nocks with a different shaft and see if the miss goes with that nock when you switch. It's rare, but I did have one nock that apparently had a weak spot internally,and I even dissected it see if there was a hollow space inside the plastic or a something else that I couldn't find with a close visual inspection, but there wasn't.

If no problem with alignment shows up, and the arrows seem to be missing randomly and not the same arrow missing in the same direction most of the time, it may be just the tendency of arrows carrying BH's to reveal any form flaws or tuning flaws much more than ones carrying field points. Since you;re fairly new to archery, my bet would be on a form issue. Pay particular attention to your bow hand and your follow-through after release with your string hand in the next practice session and see if the groups with BH's improve. That's where the final inconsistencies in form can usually be found when a newer archer is first gaining accuracy. The BH's tend to amplify any slight errors in form or tune that the field points do not,and they take the arrows with them when they get started in a direction other than the desired one. The slight misdirection at launch can be from either form or tune, but the tuning errors will be consistent in their effects, while the form errors will seem inconsistent. Close attention to the details of form at release will often reveal the slight form error that seemed too trivial to matter at first, but that really enough to cause the miss.

23-Jun-20
Sell your bow and buy a Hoyt.

23-Jun-20
If your BH's don't hit where your FP's do....then that tells you the arrow is coming out of your bow cockeyed...its that simple.

Bow tuning guides all over the internet.....

24-Jun-20
Thank you everyone for the feedback. It was just a Broadhead issue. My specific bow didn’t like that Broadhead. I fixed the problem thanks

24-Jun-20
Thank you everyone for the feedback. It was just a Broadhead issue. My specific bow didn’t like that Broadhead. I fixed the problem thanks

24-Jun-20
What broadhead didn't your bow "like"? I hope you didn't resort to mechanicals to solve your tuning issues.

Matt

24-Jun-20
No I went from the cheap blackout expo to a ramcat hyrdoshock

24-Jun-20
^^^^^so multiple arrows are coming out of his bow cocked different directions?

My guess would be the arrow or the broadhead. I’d start with the arrow and eliminate that option first. As others have said orient the same arrow differently and see if that changes its flight. I’m with those that suggest your shaft end isn’t square. Just a guess though.

25-Jun-20
I'd start with the"new to archery" and get somebody that's experienced to shoot the bow and see if the same thing happens for them!

• Sitka Gear