Jasper 02-Jul-20
Inshart 02-Jul-20
Buffalo1 02-Jul-20
Outdoordan 02-Jul-20
Thunderflight 04-Jul-20
23-Jun-20

Jasper's embedded Photo
Jasper's embedded Photo
Well, surgery # 11 is in the books, can’t catch a break! Lol Wounded my right triceps a couple of months ago when I fell playing tennis and then put it out of its misery chasing my son’s wounded gobbler through the woods and falling directly on it again. Surgeon said he’s only seen a few this bad in all the years he’s been doing this. He reattached it with a screw yesterday said it went well. Anybody have experience with this and insight on when I could shoot a bow again? I have a gator hunt scheduled in late August, tag drawing is July 31 so I’ll pull my app and wait another year I guess. Thankfully my Alaska caribou hunt isn’t until 21. I’ll be fine, all in God’s hands but I would like some feedback on rehab times. Have a blessed day! John

23-Jun-20
Damn never knew tennis was so dangerous! Ha kidding good luck.

24-Jun-20
Thank you Scoot!

24-Jun-20
Hope you have a speedy recovery!

24-Jun-20
Hey sounds like your on the operating table as much as I am. I tore the triceps tendon off my elbow on both arms, once playing hockey and the second time while working a trailer house fire when a 5 inch supply hose got charged and it was icy out. When the water reached the engine because of the icy streets the hose whipped around and flipped me ass over tea kettle. If its your bow arm it will take longer than if its your pulling arm. Actually the tricep isn't involved in your drawing arm so if that's the case you should be good to go by fall.

If its your bow arm that's a different story, the tricep is very involved in shooting a bow. mine was really messed up, but I was shooting well before bow season. My memory fails me as to when I had the surgery but I think it was like Feb/March? The worst part is getting your range of motion back. Good thing is my ortho guy is a hardcore bowhunter so he understands my issues.

Just had hip replacement surgery, the covid thing delayed the surgery. It might mess up my pre season whitetail preparations but hey at least we live at a time when they can fix these things!

Good luck!!!!

24-Jun-20
Larry, thanks for the reply, makes me feel better! Surgery was on my draw arm which I thought would be worse. Take care my friend!

24-Jun-20

Redman's embedded Photo
Redman's embedded Photo
Not good, its a long recovery. I slipped on a creek bank walking into my stand in November of 2018 and completely tore my tricep off the elbow with a chunk of bone. Had surgery 3 days later and my surgeon said he could barely get it reconnected due to the shrinkage. I was super scared to pull a bow for months as well as do anything which could risk tearing it again.

02-Jul-20

Jasper's embedded Photo
Jasper's embedded Photo
Saw the doc yesterday, rehab starts next week. No strength stuff for 8 weeks so my gator hunt is out unless I use a crossbow. I should be able to shoot low poundage by October for deer tho.

02-Jul-20
OWWWWWWWW, holy crap that looks angry. Good luck on your recovery. Yeeouch!

02-Jul-20
Best of luck with your recovery. Very unfortunate medical incident.

02-Jul-20
I tore mine 2 years ago. Had it re-attached a week later (mid April). I was very cautious about overdoing any lifting or shooting. I believe I started shooting again in the end of June or early July, but started slooowww. I put 50 lb. limbs on my bow that season.

04-Jul-20
June 2019 I tore my left tricep tendon in a fall on some wet steps. Man talk about painful, I almost puked and passed out twice.

I went to an urgent care and was told it was just a bad sprain. It was 5 months (november) before I could draw my compound bow and even then it was difficult.

After another 3 months it was getting better but my pinky finger was nub. I finally got an MRI and was diagnosed with the tricep tear and a pinched ulnar nerve.

It took almost a year for the tendon to heal with no surgery. If I had seen an orthopedic doctor sooner I would have definitly had it repaired surgically. However I had to have surgey to release the nerve and my finger is slowly getting feeling back.

If I were you I would plan on using a string gun.

• Sitka Gear