c5ken 29-Jun-20
808bowhunter 29-Jun-20
c5ken 30-Jun-20
foxwillkill 30-Jun-20
foxwillkill 30-Jun-20
foxwillkill 30-Jun-20
foxwillkill 30-Jun-20
23-Jun-20
Planning on a vacation in Hawaii (Two couples) this winter (travel permitting).. Planning on about three weeks and would like to do a little bow hunting. Not particular regarding game species. Can anyone suggest an outfitter, island, etc...

23-Jun-20
get your hunter safety exemption way ahead of time!

23-Jun-20
I was to be there July 3 stinks cant go

23-Jun-20
Most recommend pat fisher, Hawaii safaris if you can afford it

23-Jun-20
I can recommend Maui Hunting Safari with owner Rodney Perreira. Great guy with a top shelf hunt. Take a look at his website.

23-Jun-20
Thanks for the info guys... I'll check out the outfitters recommended. WHAT IS A HUNTER SAFETY EXEMPTION??

23-Jun-20
Covid count has grown tremendously in the last several weeks.

23-Jun-20
TD is your man. PM him

26-Jun-20
WHAT IS A HUNTER SAFETY EXEMPTION??

It is a recognition that you have taken a hunter safety course, which takes time, and you don't want to be waiting weeks for approval, when you are limited on time there in Hawaii. The bow hunting only area in Maui is near the top of the volcano. Beautiful up there. If you google satellite images it seems that they have not included the numerous houses and neighborhoods that are up there. Cistern tanks are a very common sight, as are "no trespassing" signs. It gets very cold up there at night with temperatures down in the thirties I only had two weeks there with a wedding party obligations that ruled out a bow hunt. I did a four hour wild pig hunt with knife and dogs on my first morning. No pig, but a real adventurous time taking in the terrain and different flora. Youtube has videos you might want to check out.

www.lopakasalohaadventures.com

26-Jun-20
The hunters exemption used to take time but it's been all online for years now and is pretty much automatic.

26-Jun-20
Attn: Forest Who is "TD" and how do I contact him??

26-Jun-20
Hi Ken, what island you going to? That will determine what you hunt as each island has different game and each different amounts of public/private land to hunt.

Depending on the island, you can hunt pigs, feral goats, feral sheep, mouflon sheep, axis deer, even an outside chance of blacktail deer and blackbuck. Even bird hunting. Turkeys, pheasant, chukar, quail and partridge. Game birds pretty much have seasons and some islands have big game seasons in certain areas (public land, not private) but for the most part big game hunting is year round. And either sex, no bag limit. All islands don't have the same game or opportunities. So you should focus either on what island you (and yours) want to visit and pick your hunt from there. Or focus on what game you want to hunt and go to the island that that would have the best opportunity for that game.

29-Jun-20
Mr. TD, Thanks for the response. We are totally open regarding what island to hunt. Our tentative plan is to spend about three weeks in Hawaii. Really not interested in staying on the big island. We are thinking about renting a condo on one of the smaller islands & just doing our own thing... The guys would like to bow hunt goats & pigs for a few days. In you opinion, should we consider booking with an outfitter or a DIY hunt if that is available?

Totally open for suggestions..

Thanks for your help.. T

29-Jun-20
Plenty of DIY potential on outer islands. Oahu not so much. I’m from Kauai but have hunted all the islands except Oahu. Kauai definitely has year round goat and pig opportunity for DIY. Goats are fun to hunt if you are in shape! Also blacktail deer is a possibility if early in the winter

30-Jun-20
Thanks for all the info guys... It's appreciated!

30-Jun-20
I hunted Molaki with a guide naked Walter. It was great. Shot hogs and goats. I could get you his number if your interested.

30-Jun-20
Lol named Walter not naked Walter. Boy it was getting scary for minute.

30-Jun-20

30-Jun-20

• Sitka Gear