Contributors to this thread:
Osceola 27-Jun-20
Scrappy 27-Jun-20
blackd 28-Jun-20
Medicinemann 28-Jun-20
Medicinemann 28-Jun-20
Osceola 28-Jun-20
27-Jun-20
I have a 45 horse tractor with a category 1 three point. I purchase an 4 row cultivator that has category 2 three point. I would like to convert the tractor's cat 1 to a cat 2 three point.

What have others used that is the easiest, best, cheapest method to convert the category 1 to a category 2 three point.

27-Jun-20
A welder, a cutting torch, and some scrap metal. I know thats not the info you was hoping for but tell bubba it cant be done. He will send you after some beer while he starts cutting.

28-Jun-20
If your 3Pt arms are long enough to hook up your equipment then you can just install bushings. https://www.agrisupply.com/lift-arm-bushing-cat-1-to-cat-2/p/106048/ On low usage equipment you can just use the existing hardware. Wear will be minimal.

28-Jun-20
If your tractor is category two, and your cultivator is category one, then the bushings will work. However, your equipment is category two, and the tractor is category one, so that will not work. If the cultivator is newer, you might be able to replace the lift arm pins on the cultivator with category one pins (if they are bolted on, versus welded on)....if not, then you'd need to replace the balls on the link arms.

28-Jun-20

Medicinemann's Link
Hope this explains it better for you....

28-Jun-20
The bolts on the cultivator are Category 2 (1 1/8 inch diameter). The openings on my tractor are Category 1 (7/8 inch diameter). So the larger Cat 2 pins will not fit in the smaller Cat 1 openings on my tractor's 3 point lift. So bushings are not an option.

The best I can come up with is to drill holes on the cultivator large enough to accept Cat 1 bolt and nut it tight. The Cat 1 bolts with nuts are only $3.99 at Tractor Supply. I will need to drill a 7/8 inch hole (or slightly larger) in the cultivator and I think it will work.

Thanks for the responses. Much appreciated.

• Sitka Gear