Thunderflight 02-Jul-20
Thornton 02-Jul-20
THREEDFLYER 06-Jul-20
KHNC 07-Jul-20
Mt. man 07-Jul-20
Live2hunt 07-Jul-20
29-Jun-20

Thunderflight 's Link
Idaho sold out of NR elk and deer tags. Elk sold out June 17th and Deer on the 26th.

The article shows the historical sold out dates. Every year its sooner. I wonder if this is a result from COs state wide draw for elk archery tags.

I was planning to hint with friends this year, but I guess it wasnt meant to be.

29-Jun-20
Folks, in 2020, you need to make your plans 2 years in advance and have a plan for what you're going to be applying for and buying as far as tags are concerned, by January of the year you want to hunt. This is how it is nowadays.

To the OP, I'm sorry your hunting plans were bushwhacked.

30-Jun-20
CO still has OTC archery tags with no limit on the amount sold. Only a portion in the southwest changed to draw tags.

30-Jun-20
I wonder if it’s because of the plethora of you tube videos and other internet posting of great hunting Idaho has. Fast becoming the go to destination >>>>~~~~~>

30-Jun-20
I think it's just the ever onward press of what has been the reality of Western hunting for the past 30-40 years.

30-Jun-20
The best and safest way to do Idaho is the Very First day that they are available to purchase.

Have 2-3 Zones in mind and hope that 1 is still available.

Utah OTC go on sale mid-July or Colorado OTC.....

30-Jun-20
It's the new normal. ;-)

I'm happy to see the increased participation even if it means less opportunity for myself.

30-Jun-20
+1 Nick, I am as well. Now we just need to find a way to get all these bowhunters to be members of their state and national orgs that support their right and opportunity to hunt. It’s the best way to insure we have these rights and opportunities in the future.

30-Jun-20
Good point, Justin.

30-Jun-20
I'm guessing it also has to do with no Canadian trips this fall or at least how it looks. Many looking for something to do.

30-Jun-20
^...that sounds plausible. Closed US/Canadian border has folks spending their hunting dollars in the states. Good for the US....sucks for the outfitters in Canada.

30-Jun-20
Glunt, thanks I misunderstood and thought it was the whole state.

Im most likey going to CO next year but if I do not I will be getting my tags in January.

Who knows, maybe I will draw a PA elk tag....... (stated with the utmost sarcassim LOL).

I'm going salmon fishing in MI now. Lol

30-Jun-20
Anyone else hunting 76? Or the Diamond zone?

30-Jun-20
Most guys drive out west. Pretty low risk just stopping for gas and few drive through burgers then walking around the woods for a week

30-Jun-20
Shit back in the 90s they sold out mid February early March every year .... cracks me up seeing the disbelief in them being sold out.

01-Jul-20
I’ll be in 76

01-Jul-20
I did not know that, Willieboat.

01-Jul-20
Last year the OTC Non-Resident elk tags sold out in mid August......this year was two months earlier..... I have purchased an NR elk tag in Idaho for the past several years and have been watching the trend. I intended to purchase mine in early July thinking that would be safe. On June 14th I looked at the remaining tags and saw it was at 1900 and something told me to hit the BUY NOW button.....found out they sold out on June 17th and I was really glad I did not wait!! The elk gods were looking after me this time around, let's see if it pans out in September! I have a feeling there are BIG chances coming for 2021, either reduced number of tags at a higher price, or possibly a drawing for NR tags. They may also set a fixed number of tags for each unit. Stay tuned and keep your powder dry!

01-Jul-20

THREEDFLYER's Link

01-Jul-20

THREEDFLYER's Link

01-Jul-20
I'll be in the Beaverhead unit in September helping a buddy as the designated caller. October 1st I'll be in the Diamond Creek unit with a rifle tag. Moving forward I'll be taking a break from hunting Idaho. Hoping to go out with a heavy pack.

01-Jul-20
Good luck with helping your buddy and filling your rifle tag!! What state are you coming from? I am coming from Arizona

01-Jul-20
I'll be in 32A this year! First time in idaho

01-Jul-20
Enjoy 32A and good luck to you!

01-Jul-20
Enjoy 32A and good luck to you!

02-Jul-20
I forgot to mention that I also spoke with a G&F rep in Boise. There is legislation going through now to raise the price of NR tags. He also said they may limit them buy unit too.

02-Jul-20
Glad I got mine!

06-Jul-20
I am OK with a moderate price increase for NR tags, and fewer than the 12,800 NR tags would be a good thing. I am also good with them putting a limit on tags in each unit based on the size of the unit and the health of the herd in that unit. Of course they could implement a draw system.......stay tuned!!

07-Jul-20
I cant believe people still buy tags in the LOLO zone for elk. Guess they love hiking.

07-Jul-20
Hessticles, I pretty much have spent my adult life 30+ years in 32A and taken a couple dozen Elk in that zone. Good luck this year as you won't be competing with my wife and I as we drew controlled archery Elk in a bomber unit this year.

07-Jul-20
Yup, in the 90's when we went to Idaho, the first day they went on sale we bought them. If you really want to go, that is the big thing you need. May as well get it right away.

• Sitka Gear