ahunter76 04-Jul-20
longbeard 05-Jul-20
1boonr 09-Jul-20
02-Jul-20

skull's embedded Photo
skull's embedded Photo
My 2 buddy just send me an awesome picture, Can’t wait to draw a tag

02-Jul-20
Looks like around $20K in taxidermy. Slammer bucks, all of them.

02-Jul-20
Quite the collection. Know anymore about the location or hunters?

02-Jul-20
Saw this on the hunting beast a few days ago - hunter said the average score is 162” - pretty impressive.

03-Jul-20

Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
Im seriously regretting having all this taxidermy work done now that we are getting the house ready to sale and move half way across the country. Wonder how long it took to just hang all those on that barn.

03-Jul-20
Scrappy- do you need someone to take over your lease???

03-Jul-20
Must be awesome to live in Iowa and hunt there every year. Few places in the country you can truly kill a big buck every year. Average 162" holy moly!! Shawn

03-Jul-20
WOW! Was that just those two guys, who killed all of those, or are they guides and those were deer shot on the properties they guide? Either way it's amazing, but if that's just two dudes collection, wholly smokes!

03-Jul-20
Impressive picture for sure. One thing to keep in mind is that as an Iowa resident they each have 2 buck tags a year and possibly a third if they qualify as Landowners.

03-Jul-20
That is why so many hunters are willing to pony up the NR fee and wait in line several years to draw.

03-Jul-20
Will I have been invited in a few houses in Kansas and Iowa in the last 6 years. It's not uncommon for resident guys on Iowa who own land have 8 or 10 160" plus deer and many others as well. Shawn

03-Jul-20
Heck of a collection!

03-Jul-20
That’s my 2 buddy that I swap hunt with, they are land owners, and yes 3 tags per year Not Outfitters, zone 4 union county

03-Jul-20
Are these archery, shotgun, or ML bucks? (Or a combination)

Also, didn't that area get hit by EHD last year?

03-Jul-20
I live in Iowa, and hunt 60 days every year. I have never seen a deer over 150. The idea that you can go to "Iowa" and there's a monster behind every tree is just nonsense.

03-Jul-20
Where in Iowa do you you live, JusPassin?!!

03-Jul-20
Most of them are archery, few shotguns, few ML, yes the are got hit with EHD but they still killed some monsters

03-Jul-20
The size of antlered bucks is highly dependent on where you hunt and how much local hunting pressure is put on the bucks. Most bucks need to be 4.5 years or older to reach the 150 mark. I own property in zone 6 and highly manage my acreage. So do my neighbors. I usually see several bucks each season that will push the 150 mark. Killing them is another matter. There usually are 1+ B&C class bucks taken nearby each season. There is some good hunting on the few public lands in the area but deer populations are lower and you are more likely to be targeting 130 class deer.

03-Jul-20
Juspassin. I've been in Illinois & Iowa all my life. I totally agree with you. There is "a reason" why some take great bucks every year. Location & management that many can't control. It's great some can do it.

04-Jul-20
I live in the far northern part of the state, no where near the bottom two tiers of counties where most of the big deer I see are from. No deer management here. Mainly brown and down mentality. QDM, nope..

04-Jul-20
Juspassin-Same here N.E. area close to Mississippi river & I can walk into Illinois in 10 min..

05-Jul-20
Yeah that must be a bummer, “I live in NE Iowa area close to Mississippi River and I can walk into Illinois in 10 min”.. Ha ha. You must get really depressed over that!

09-Jul-20
Ahunter76- why would you want to walk into Illinois

• Sitka Gear