Supernaut 06-Apr-23
t-roy 06-Apr-23
Supernaut 06-Apr-23
TonyBear 06-Apr-23
Shane 27-May-23
03-Jul-20

Jasper's embedded Photo
Jasper's embedded Photo
Starting rehab next week for torn triceps muscle. I see that the Accubow is adjustable from 10 to 70 lbs....sounds like a good way to ease back in and build muscles for shooting again. I k ow there are other ways and methods, just curious if anybody had ever used one for this purpose and how it worked? Thanks! John

03-Jul-20
Gnarly!

03-Jul-20
Chicks dig scars lol. I haven’t used the accubow but I’d assume you could do the same thing cheaper with a couple dumbbells. May be able to make it more of a fun game with the accubow though I spose.

03-Jul-20

03-Jul-20
OUCH! : ( Good luck with rehab!

03-Jul-20
I borrowed my buddies. I have been doing PT on shoulder it works to hold some weight and pull back a bow. If did not have a accubow and didn’t want to buy one what my physical therapist recommend was to use a light dumbbell as the “bow” and rubber band or tube as “string”to pull back doubled around handle of dumbbell. Change to stronger band our shorten band to increase weight. Honestly that works as well as accubow for rehab to get back to shooting.

05-Jul-20
OMFG that must have hurt a lot, luck in your recovery man

05-Jul-20
Or find one of those bows that’s really adjustable

I’d rather have a bow that shoots and simulates real shooting than that accu bow thing.

05-Jul-20
Or find one of those bows that’s really adjustable

I’d rather have a bow that shoots and simulates real shooting than that accu bow thing.

05-Jul-20
I’m gonna get one for the convenience, can draw it a few times when I get up to get a drink or whatever. I like that it goes all the way down to 10 pounds. Will let y’all know how it works for me

05-Jul-20
While rehabbing my shoulder from surgery I used my granddaughters youth bow. I set it at 20 lbs and adjusted as my shoulder got better. Worked out great.

06-Jul-20
I bought one and used its after my torn bicep and major shoulder surgery . It helped me big time . If you want one I'll sell u the one I have .

06-Jul-20
Generous offer, Pope125!

06-Jul-20
Nick, I’m waiting to hear back from a guy who lives near me who is selling one. I’ll let you know, thanks much buddy!

22-Mar-23
Crossover Symmetry cords do wonders. After you heal.

22-Mar-23

YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
I have a Bowtrainer and it’s worked well. Unfortunately, I have needed many times…and after my surgery this Friday I’ll need it again.

06-Apr-23
If you want to support the busbice klan then buy the accubow. Otherwise so rubber bands will do the same thing.

06-Apr-23
Jasper, I hope you healed up!

YZF-88 I hope your surgery is a success and you heal up! Moto Cross and dirt bikes can be expensive and painful...good luck if you keep riding.

I just got the clearance to start limited strength training for my rotator cuff after my 12 week follow up visit this past Monday. I had aslo looked at the Accubow but my therapist also recommended just using a light dumbell and exercise bands to imitate drawing my recurve and gradually getting my strength back. I was assured by the surgeon and my therapist that I will be ready to hunt this season and shooting by mid-summer based on my advanced progress so far. Pretty dang happy and blessed!

Stay safe everyone and take care of yourselves, getting hurt sucks!

06-Apr-23
Best wishes on a successful recovery, Jim!

06-Apr-23
Thanks Troy!

So far so good. I'm over the hump of constant pain, no movement, and waking up 10 times a night so the rest as they say is, "Gravy" LOL.

This injury really humbled me and gave me a new understanding of patience and how to apply it. I'm not as bullet proof as I thought I was all these years, only took me 50 of them to figure it out. I think everything happens for a reason so I'll just try to hang onto the positive lessons of this injury and subsequent recovery.

I still don't recommend getting injured and give the whole thing a terrible review! LOL

06-Apr-23
Do what your PT says. When I hurt my shoulder and back 2 years ago I barely shot and used a rubber tubing system and light poundage recurve (33#) to exercise.

In time I was shooting 44#. Then went back to my Old Matthews. 2 years later I am shooting 66#, can't wait for turkey season to open next Wed.

Good Luck.

27-May-23
I would follow what your PT says to a T. But I will say I have gone through a major elbow surgery myself and shoot with a mouth tab now thanks to some advice I got here a few years back, you're not done bowhunting til you say you are. No clue on the accubow but I picked up the mouth tab rather quickly.

• Sitka Gear