FORESTBOWS 05-Jul-20
Knife Cobbler 05-Jul-20
oldgoat 06-Jul-20
Knife Cobbler 06-Jul-20
diggerson 06-Jul-20
boly 06-Jul-20
FORESTBOWS 06-Jul-20
03-Jul-20
Anyone know if a Kifaru Longhunter pack frame will fit the new packs? Its over 10 years old, I will call them next week, but thought I would ask here first. I want to get a smaller pack/bag but really dont want to buy the whole shebang. Looked on rokslide, everyone I wanted was sold.

03-Jul-20
I BELIEVE it will. That’s one of the things they tout. Nothing becomes obsolete.

03-Jul-20
Yes it will longhunters were either a duplex or bakini frame which will still fit today’s bags.

03-Jul-20
Thanks! I was hoping

03-Jul-20
Should. I recently replaced the Bikini with a Tactical and my DT1 mounted on it like a marriage made in Heaven

03-Jul-20
You really need to save up and get a new frame when it's possible, they've improved dramatically!

04-Jul-20
I disagree. I have never tried a pack frame that I thought was as comfortable as the longhunter frame. jmo

04-Jul-20
I agree my old duplex frame is far more comfortable than my new one

04-Jul-20
I find it just the opposite. My new frame is far more comfortable than my old duplex frame.

04-Jul-20
I didn't have the Longhunter, I have a Gen 2 duplex, Hunter frame and the new Light Frame, hunter is the favorite of those for me, but haven't really used the newest one enough to even know if it's adjusted right yet

04-Jul-20
My 15 year old long hunter fits my duplex gen 2 timberline 3 bag that I bout about 7 years ago.

04-Jul-20
Thanks, going to look far a used bag, will just need it for this year.

05-Jul-20
I have a few different bags we could put on it if you don't find one

05-Jul-20
Thanks Forest. I have the Kuiu 1850, just dont think it is big enough for what you would have us doing up there. The longhunter 7000 is just a meat /gear hauler. The woodsman looks about right?

06-Jul-20
Woodsman is a pretty sweet bag, the Apollo is good size too and Stryker is very very versatile, not sure what you're doing though.

06-Jul-20
I need a larger daypack than the Kuiu 1850, we might be bivy hunting a day or 2. Going to try find a used one, but itll be tough. Guess I better call Kifaru and see how far out they are.

06-Jul-20
I believe it will work, but will need to modify the load lifter attachments. I recently sold a longhunter system, but before doing that, had used the frame with a fulcrum bag. If I remember correctly, the longhunter bag had holes (on the sleeve where the frame slides through) cut to allow the shoulder straps and load lifters to pass through, with load lifters attached to the frame. The newer bags have a pocket that slips over the top of the frame, with load lifters connecting to the bag, rather than frame, with K clips or slotted buckles. Otherwise, the bag slips over the top of the frame AND the load lifter connection points, forcing the load lifters down and defeating the purpose. The K clips and/or slotted buckles can be bought through kifaru, probably best to call them and talk through what your wanting to do and what you'd need. There might even be a video floating around out there on it.

06-Jul-20
I have a Timberline 2 bag for sale if you'd like to PM me we can discuss it if you"re interested.

06-Jul-20

FORESTBOWS 's embedded Photo
FORESTBOWS 's embedded Photo
Woodsman is awesome 2-8 days.

• Sitka Gear