INbowdude 14-Jul-20
10-Jul-20

INbowdude's embedded Photo
K114 taking care of business!
K114 taking care of business!
I had the privilege of taking K114 down to Sonora Texas this past week on a hunt for axis deer. *Rifle kill, so if this offends, DON'T read any further! This started as a 3 day archery spot-and-stalk hunt for free-range, low-fence axis deer down in Sonora Texas. The winds (lack thereof), lots of does both axis and whitetail, bad stalking skills, rotten luck and the general wariness of the game, didn't pan out. We did find a good, representative buck and got within 175 yards and dropped him. I had several archery stalks with the closest encounter at 58 yards. Too much brush for me on that shot. I got to watch bucks fight, scrape, rub and chase does. If I did it again, I'd try to book for more days and get a hunting buddy (19 hour drive, I need a co-pilot or more time).

10-Jul-20
Nice buck! Congratulations!

That is a pile of excellent venison right there! Yummy!

Glad to see K114 is still making the rounds!

10-Jul-20
I thought your truck automatically stopped in Oklahoma. Did not know you could coax it to go further south. Must have been a wrestling match with the steering wheel

10-Jul-20
I have eaten a lot of different game animals, but have never got to try Axis deer. I have never heard anyone that didn't love it......

10-Jul-20
Nice to see K114 back in action.

10-Jul-20
Where’d you hunt at? I’d be interested in this.

10-Jul-20
Good to see K114 still rolling and getting bloody!

10-Jul-20
Bou, I did just happen to spend the night at Shiloh Ranch before heading down. It was a fight to get the truck farther south and on the way back, it kept leaning to the right. Might have to have the wheels re-balanced after that! LOL

10-Jul-20
Congratulations!!! I was beginning to wondering when I was going to hear from you!

Thanks for sharing and taking K114!

Very Nice Buck!!!

10-Jul-20
Great buck. I know it was fun but I'm sure it was hot. I had a great time chasing thin last summer. Congrats.

10-Jul-20
Congrats on your entry into the K114 journal, Mike! I’m assuming that this is when axis deer are rutting, correct?

10-Jul-20
Great job Mike. Nice looking Axis. I arrowed one years ago & it was not an easy task.. Me, son & 4 buddies will be at Shiloh in jan.. Been awhile but Son wanted to try it down there. Take care.

11-Jul-20
Congratulations on your buck. Well done .

11-Jul-20
Where axis are concerned that GENERAL WARINESS needs to be all caps or italics. Damn, they are skittish ! Congrats on your axis, they are some very good venison !

11-Jul-20
Nice trophy and great table fare. Congrats !

11-Jul-20

Love the hide!
Love the hide!
Thanks guys. The tenderloins were pretty good. Very striking hide and facial markings. Huge orbital glands. I'd do that hunt again.

13-Jul-20

Showing off K114.

13-Jul-20
Got that Axis jinx off finally...congrats Mike

13-Jul-20
Good for you and K114! Glad to see it's still doing the job. Kelly would be proud!

13-Jul-20
Nice job! Congrats! Glad the K114 knife and you had some fun! I miss Kelly. I bet that buck will go about 114 SCI. ;-)

Sandbrew

13-Jul-20
Very nice, beautiful animal. Thanks for sharing your part of the ongoing adventure of K114. Congratulations.

13-Jul-20
Any pics from night at Shiloh?

13-Jul-20
KSBOW, I only spent the night and didn't hunt. I wish I had but got in too late. Next time.

14-Jul-20
Nice...taking my son and his buddy for his 13th birthday surprise present in September can't wait!

14-Jul-20
KSBOW, want to adopt another son? LOL

• Sitka Gear