Fuzzy 23-Feb-21
Highlife 23-Feb-21
White Falcon 23-Feb-21
ahunter76 24-Feb-21
midwest 24-Feb-21
WoodMoose 04-Apr-21
Highlife 04-Apr-21
12-Jul-20
I'm sure it's been discussed, but I'm interested in shooting a feral hog or two with a bow. I'm not opposed to shooting over bait but I'd rather it not be behind a high fence for some reason. I'm not really interested in a giant boar but would rather put some pork in the freezer. I'm open to suggestions. Thanks

12-Jul-20
For a low fence operation, I would suggest looking at No Mercy in Oklahoma.

Best of luck.

12-Jul-20
Look at florida. Plenty of outfitters. Hoppy Kemper has always had great reviews.

13-Jul-20
Shiloh, Oklahoma.

13-Jul-20
Spartan Hunting Preserve but its high fence

13-Jul-20
The best low fence places I've been to are Standing Rock in Tennessee, and Shiloh in Oklahoma

13-Jul-20
I believe Spartan in Tennessee has some fair chase hunts too. Mitch is a hog hunting machine!

13-Jul-20
Shiloh is a fenced hunt but they are true wild hogs, either trapped and transplanted there, or caught through the fence traps (not sure if its still the same, but I thought there were several trap doors that allowed them to come in but not out) . I have hunted Shiloh several times but it has been quite awhile ago.

I need to get back down there some time.

13-Jul-20
Gunny, Shiloh had the fence traps in 2014 and Standing Rock has them. Standing Rock has a lot more area in fence but Shiloh hogs are just as wary if not more so. Of course North Central and Eastern Tennesee gives you a better chance at European strain hogs.

14-Jul-20

ahunter76's embedded Photo
6 of us going to Shiloh in Jan. I've been a few times in the past New owners & all good reports.

14-Jul-20

Guardian's embedded Photo
Guardian's embedded Photo
Any low fence in Texas

15-Jul-20

Jeff Holchin's embedded Photo
Lots of great DIY hog opportunities on public land in GA, and they are super cheap for NRs! Like $12 for the first day and $6 for each consecutive day. My buddies and I do well every year there....this Bowsiter came all the way from WY to hunt with my PBS buddies this year.

15-Jul-20

This bowhunter drove down to GA from Illinois for his DIY public land hog...we hunt coastal islands accessible only by boat, but GA has tons of good public land throughout the state with LOTS of hogs. Obviously, they want them killed, for the state to make it so cheap for NRs. Not easy hunting, but VERY rewarding.

15-Jul-20

They grow BIG on the islands too - this jumbo sow was 300# plus and it took an extraction team to get her back to camp...pretty exciting when the shot is CLOSE and there are no trees to climb, if they get upset about being stung with an arrow!

15-Jul-20
Jeff Holchin I'm very interested

15-Jul-20
Two great ways to learn where to hunt hogs in GA are by joining the Traditional Bowhunters of GA (if you shoot trad, of course) - pretty cheap and their newsletter is very informative about WMAs plus they have member group hunts, and the Georgia Outdoor News, whose web site and magazine have a lot of info on the good WMAs. Heck, just call a biologist at a regional office and they’ll point you in the right direction.

16-Jul-20
I've been going to Shiloh Ranch since 2003. And the new owners are wonderful people, carrying on the high standards Matt and Cheryl put in place and even improving a few things. It is a wonderful, fun hunt with great people. And a bargain.

21-Jul-20
No Mercy can hardly be considered low fence according to their website

21-Jul-20
I'll bite here. I looked up Spartan in Tennessee. It sounded great. $950 for a hog hunt - no special fees. 3 days/3 meals per day/quartering/etc (well, they can process it fully for an extra fee). Heck you don't pay unless you get a hog. That means after 3 days, you walk away with memories and no fee.

They want CoC broadheads or another weapon "of your choice" but they have some caliber recommendations.

Then I got to the part where it says "Your hunt on this Preserve will guarantee you not only a kill but also a Trophy Boar that can compare to any in the World."

Reading between the lines, this is some type of fenced hunt (preserve). But are there a lot of areas in the country where you can get that experience on free-ranging hogs? Aren't they all in places where you're already hunting on a ranch (they can come and go under the fence). Seriously asking. I've thought about this a few times and looked into it about as much but never really did it because I didn't want to have that "crap this was a mistake" feeling showing up somewhere and seeing the reality vs the glamour photos.

21-Jul-20
Highlife they're not, those fences are at least eight feet (been there)

21-Jul-20
So have I did watch everyone load up in the trailer and go to the pens. ;)

21-Jul-20
Check out Callaghan Ranch near Encinal, Texas. 90,000 acres. You'll get 10,0000 to 15,000 to hunt on. $150/day for an air conditioned room, cooking facilities, ice, skinning shed, walk in cooler, bow range, and plenty hogs. And 2 javelinas. Check in, pay the fee, and be totally left alone to come and go as you please for the entire hunt. Good fun.

22-Jul-20
Jeeze that sounds like a great deal! Mmmm Canada is closed........

22-Jul-20

18-Aug-20
Thought id follow up on this thread. We just got back from Spartan Hunting Preserve and we had an awesome time. My son & I killed two hogs close to 800lbs. They were ferrel/russian giants.. Mitch is a straight shooter. Everything he said came true. Leko & Norman were great guides and did a great job explaining things.

18-Aug-20
Guardian is right, they are everywhere here. I see more dead hogs than deer on the roads. The trouble with wild hogs is, even if you bait them they are not consistent. They seem to move in a loose circle. Here today, maybe tomorrow, gone for a week, back again. I’ve killed most of mine with a rifle or handgun, gotta get too close with a bow, and the low places that they like to hang out in are tough to control your scent. I’ve seen older boars circle a corn piled two or three times before they commit. If I had been bowhunting I would have been busted and the hog would have had a free education. Besides that, the bastards always break my arrows unless I get the rare passthrough. That said, if a hog shows when I’m deer hunting it instantly becomes a hog hunt.

19-Aug-20
Hancock - did you feel like you were on a preserve? Meaning - were there warn trails, feeding stations, and animals with minimal fear of humans? I am seriously asking as you can tell by my comment above.

19-Aug-20
Agree with drycreek. There are plenty of free ranging hogs where I hunt deer but that doesn't mean you see them on a regular basis. It could be monthly. Hogs are a target of opportunity for me while deer or turkey hunting.

Shiloh is a fun place with no guarantees other than guaranteed good time. It's even better if you are hunting with a group of friends.

19-Aug-20
I'll give it to you straight. Is it 600acres fenced in? Yes Do they have ferrel, russians & mixes? Yes Did my 10year old son & I see 50plus hogs in 4 hours that we couldn't get shots on? Yes We tried multiple times to get shots on big boars from the blinds but they just wouldn't commit to coming in and sticking around long enough to shoot. We finally did 2 spot and stalks with my son passing on the first one and taking the second one. My son shot his at 70yards with a .270 and the boar ran directly at us. He put a second shot in his chest at 15yards which finally made the boar spin around and go the other direction. Are there more wild hunts out there? Probably, but for the money and the size of the hog we had a great time, with great people and great food & lodging. Also, i was very surprised how good the sausage is.. If fences don't bother you, this is your hunt!

19-Aug-20
Hancock - Thanks for the straight answer! It's much appreciated. 600 acres is huge!

19-Aug-20

I've bowhunted 10 different places & maybe 20 pig hunts. Shiloh is the most fun & best I have been too overall. Personally, I've done DIY, Hog/Dog & Feeders & Shiloh still gets my vote (with your friends it's a real fun hunt). We will be there in Jan..

20-Aug-20
Hancock.... I told you you’d be happy with Mitch’s operation. He sure does have some giants. Did he tell you the story behind the full body mount monster with the Jack Russell terrier latched onto it’s leg?

20-Aug-20
Joe, you were definitely right.... Those hogs were giants and Mitch runs a very nice operation. He does his best to make sure your hunt is exactly how you want it to be. Ground blind, tree stand, spot & stalk or alittle of everything. We'll be heading back for sure. Mitch's boy Leko told the story of the full body mount with the Jack Russell. Too bad too because it looked like a good hog hunter...

20-Aug-20
They the same Kemmers from the Kemmer cur dogs?

20-Aug-20
Yep same Kemmers. I think 3 of my buddies have already booked hunts for this fall and next year with his outfit.

22-Aug-20
7 of us now for Shiloh in Jan..

23-Feb-21
ok I've been away for awhile (y'all are welcome). Who's been hog hunting? I've done a couple trips with Johnny Thompson at Standing Rock in Tennessee (gun not bow since my shoulder surgery)

23-Feb-21
Sooo.......I've been waiting for someone to call me since I was supposed to go with someone who had invited me........guess the bloom is off the rose :(

23-Feb-21
Callaghan Ranch near Encinal, Texas, $200.00 a day now. Still a good deal. They do book up fast!

24-Feb-21

Shiloh-Our trip of 6 bowhuters netted 2 with no hogs but missed & 4 others took 5 hogs.

24-Feb-21
Welcome back, Fuzzy!

04-Apr-21
all this talk of hog hunting has me reminiscing of days of yore in middle Tennessee,,,,

04-Apr-21
Ahhhhhh good times fer shure.

• Sitka Gear