Pop-r 16-Jul-20
altitude sick 16-Jul-20
hitmanonmac 16-Jul-20
Dale06 16-Jul-20
Bob H in NH 16-Jul-20
Pop-r 16-Jul-20
BowmanMD 16-Jul-20
16-Jul-20
I am looking for some insight on where/who to get trip insurance through. I will be heading to Adak and figured that it would probably be a good idea to get trip insurance. Does anybody out there have a recommendation?

Thanks

16-Jul-20
LifeMed Alaska The annual fee is very low. They have jets and Helicopters throughout AK. Most Insurance companies have to call local Rescue companies. Playing the middle man. LifeMed owns the aircraft and employs top medical professionals. And they are much cheaper then the international companies

I have used Ripcord and Global Rescue. And have nothing against them.

16-Jul-20
travel guard

16-Jul-20
Altitude. I think he was talking trip cancellation insurance. Not medical insurance

16-Jul-20
How does that get turned into needing a medical response company?

16-Jul-20
I just assumed it was evacuation coverage. Because trip cancellation policies must be payed for within 30 days of booking the trip. My wrong assumption. Sorry for blowing up!

16-Jul-20
Thank you for the responses. I am sending deposit next week and have yet to book the air travel. We are going to Adak next October. I tried Travel Guard, but the online option won't give a quote more than a year out.

16-Jul-20
I’ve never bought trip ins on multiple Alaska and Africa hunts. Maybe I’ve been lucky. Read the fine print so you know what’s “not” covered.

16-Jul-20
Make sure you understand what it covers. We almost did it on a European River Cruise til they pointed out it does NOT cover COVID cancellation

16-Jul-20
I was just Joshing you. No offense. Remember most insurance companies are crooks!

16-Jul-20
I bought my policy through Ripcord to cover a stone sheep hunt in British Columbia this fall. The trip was canceled due to COVID and they allowed me to either get a full refund for the insurance policy cost (not the trip cost) or to transfer the policy to the rescheduled dates in the future. I thought that was pretty reasonable. For reference, the policy cost $1,600 and includes medical evacuation, trip cancellation, travel delays, etc.

• Sitka Gear