Billyvanness 16-Jul-20
Billyvanness 16-Jul-20
Nick Muche 16-Jul-20
Kurt 16-Jul-20
Barry Wensel 17-Jul-20
16-Jul-20

Billyvanness 's embedded Photo
This Northwest Colorado bear looks huge to me.

16-Jul-20

Another pic

16-Jul-20
Hard to tell. I killed a 400 lb bear in NM that the outfitter, me, and my buddy all thought was a boar but it was a big old sow

16-Jul-20
I'm going with sow, the head seems small with that body to be a boar.

16-Jul-20
Hard to tell with those pic, I'm guessing sow, the wrists and feet look small, just doesn't have the block head boar look either. If you can measure the paw width that will also give you an idea.

need lots of pics and angles or watch to tell boar vs. sow. And most bears look bigger than they really are, unless you've been around lots of bears.

16-Jul-20
I guess sow - but must be ground checked for verification !

16-Jul-20

You guys nailed it That’s the biggest looking sow I’ve seen around here. She does have a small front track for her size

16-Jul-20
She’s definitely gonna be trouble with that little black football she’s toting around.

16-Jul-20
I was going to say sow when you posted, but figured there would be cubs around in a few. Then you post the cub photo, nice! She's very pretty!

16-Jul-20
Thin ankles made me think sow in first couple of photos. Fairly short body and fat butt too. But she is fairly massive up front too. Nice looking bear.

17-Jul-20
Another fairly unknown tip is to look for the patch of sometimes infected tissue on top of her back between her shoulder blades during or just after the rut. It's a "love bite" the boars will give the sows while actually mounting/breeding. Sometimes it will get infected and the sow will stand on her hind legs and rub the itching tissue creating an obvious rub spot. You have to be careful though, as some boars will have a similar bare spot they'll rub because of tick infestation. The sow shown above wouldn't have a bare spot because her cub was born the previous winter and they only breed every two years. bw

• Sitka Gear