BULELK1 20-Jul-20
nehunter 20-Jul-20
BULELK1 21-Jul-20
Newhunter1 24-Jul-20
17-Jul-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
'morning friends,

I had been hooking up my little enclosed 5 x 8 trlr and hauling my e Assist bike to the trailheads over the past 2 years.

What a pain every trip up.

So I simplified with a 400lb rated Black Widow motorcycle Rack

So far so good.....

Good luck, Robb

17-Jul-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
It rode really nice for it's virgin trip yesterday morning up to my property on Sourdough here in Utah.

17-Jul-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Hardly any movement in the 45 mile drive up

17-Jul-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
I realize a lot of you guys have more experience and knowledge than I do but I think it's going to work out A-okay.

Good luck, Robb

17-Jul-20

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
That's how I used to haul my TW200. Only issue I had was the restricted access to the truck box. Do you have side access on your topper, Robb?

17-Jul-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Sweet set-up Nick!

Not when I haul it with the JP Wrangler but Yes when I use it on the JP Gladiator as it has 3 sided access.

Good luck, Robb

17-Jul-20
You guys in Utah all have the cleanest trucks, with lots of stickers,, ha ha set up looks good

17-Jul-20
I've been using this Capstone for three years and really happy with it. Everything locks with a key, has an anti-wobble hitch, the racks fold up when not needed, and the whole thing drops down to allow tailgate access.

I drive some really rough roads and have never had an issue (except the first trip down the interstate when stupid me didnt secure the bike properly- duh..)

17-Jul-20
Robb,

I bought the 2 bike version of the same rack you have. I haven’t used it yet, but it seems solid and should work nicely.

Matt

17-Jul-20
I don’t have a Jeep or an e-bike. I just like seeing Robb’s super clean and decked out rigs!

18-Jul-20
That is why I went more heavy duty Lou, I remember that accident ya had.

Matt-- it's very sturdy and with 2 bikes loaded ya might have to-go flip flop loading handle bars........?

I was hoping eBikeJohn would pipe in on something he may offer?? or suggest?

Dave ~~ I just use 2 bungy cords--X'ed--- from the rack up and over the cover/bike, it's kinda protected from the travel wind by being so close to the vehicle, very little wind draft. Basically no dust or mud get's on the bike that way.....so far anyways. I used a netting with hooks the first time practice loading but what a pain in the ass, so I went to the 2 bungy cords.

Thanks for the kind words on my rig's, they cost so dang much that a guy needs to keep 'em well maintained!! haha

Good luck, Robb

18-Jul-20
Anyone use a front hitch and have bikes loaded on the front end of truck?

18-Jul-20

LINK's embedded Photo
LINK's embedded Photo
I’m not a biker but I thought I’d share this for those that don’t know more than I do, lol. I saw I pickup hauling bikes like this the other day. They have manufactured mats but it appeared he was using a rubber horse mat.

18-Jul-20

nehunter's embedded Photo
I've been using that carrier for three years. Actually bought two, backed into a tree with #1

18-Jul-20

19-Jul-20
TJS, I have never used one personally but I do see quite a few on the front driving down the highway.

Good looking set-up nehunter!

Link~~ it would be heavy-tough to lift an eBike up and over the bed or tailgate as they are like 60-70 lbs. I think those are just Mountain Bikes but many people have that set-up and sure see many of them on the mountain, so they must be dang good to use.

Be safe and stay Healthy All,

Robb

19-Jul-20
Yeah I knew they weren’t e bikes just thought it might be an option for some.

19-Jul-20
I just picked one up off Craigslist for my dirt bike. One DANGEROUS thing for dirt bikes is to get a longer loading ramp that is a bit wider than your tires. It will be a lot easier to load. Also make sure you have a pin or something to secure the ramp to the bike carrier. My ramp came off the carrier a couple times when my dirt bike tires spun on the ramp and caused some major heartburn! Luckily my bike, truck, and I came out of it unscratched! I think even a 2 x 6 wood ramp that is longer would be a lot safer!

19-Jul-20
I have a 1 UP bike rack , it is very well made and extremely sturdy. I use it for my quiet on a regular basis. Works great

19-Jul-20
Robb, yeah, the accident was due to operator error. After figuring out the CORRECT way to secure the bike, I haven't had any issues.

20-Jul-20
Glad it all worked out just fine for ya Lou.

Link--it never hurts to give guys other options to think about--thanks.

I agree Jims, I'm drilling/putting in a pin on each edge of the ramp top as it's a little wobbly! loading/unloading

Good luck, Robb

20-Jul-20
Robb, I cut out one of the inside rails. Tire falls in about 4" deeper. I can almost let it stay up by itself.

21-Jul-20
Good idea Steve!

Thanks,

Robb

24-Jul-20
TJS--Anyone use a front hitch and have bikes loaded on the front end of truck?

I have a quietkat, 1up rack and a front hitch on my F150. What would you like to know.

• Sitka Gear