midwest 19-Jul-20
KsRancher 19-Jul-20
Ambush 19-Jul-20
midwest 19-Jul-20
caribou77 19-Jul-20
18-Jul-20

KsRancher's embedded Photo
KsRancher's embedded Photo
Just got my bow all setup and ready to start shooting. Wondering what the sight should look like when the top pin is set at 20yds. Where should the vertical adjustments be? Pics of people's set ups when the top pin is set at your shortest distance would be great. Here is mine.

18-Jul-20
I just got the mtn lite and could not for the life of me understand their setup logic. So I used my 1st pin shooting out to 60 making pencil marks then I will match up the corresponding tape. I’m hoping this method will make it one n done with the tapes

18-Jul-20
My suggestion....... place your middle pin in the middle of the sight, say 30yds. Sight in that middle pin for 30 making all adjustments with the sight housing. Once 30 is set, adjust the top itself up for 20yds and the bottom pin for 40yds.

From there place a blank tape on the sight and adjust the entire housing down using the bottom pin as your slider pin for 50yds and beyond. Placing a mark on the blank tape at each +10yd increment. You will need at least 3 marks for 40, 50 and 60. You can then match that up with one of the premade site tapes.

18-Jul-20
Ohio, I am not even that far yet. Lol. But yes, I was reading on how to set up the distance stickers, wow. Over my pea brain. I have looked up YouTube videos and couldn't find what I was after. I am assuming that as a starting point, the 3 pins should be centered and dial cranked all the way up. Then get your top pin set to your closest range using the vertical adjustment?

18-Jul-20
Grunt. I must have been typing at the same time. Makes sense on how to find the right tape. Thanks.

19-Jul-20
I have the 5 pin version of this sight. I put the bottom pin just far enough above the level it doesnt obstruct my view of the target. I use the bottom pin as my slider pin. I will then make marks on a sticky note where other yardages are at then compare them to the provided sight tapes.

19-Jul-20
My bad, I didn’t add the detail that all my hashes were out to 60 then aligned said tape to it. IMO more marks = more alignment = more accurate. I have 2 pointers. My top will point at 20 (or 25) aka 1st pin and my lower pointer will point at 50. So My fixed are 25,40,50.

19-Jul-20
I have found that even if you chronograph your bow your velocity will not match their sight tape provided.

19-Jul-20
The black metal will take a pencil line well. Regardless of potential failures I suggest a mech pencil.

19-Jul-20
^^^^ hoyt, the instructions say exactly that. Turn your sight up to the upper end of travel. Sight in your three pins just as you would on a fixed pin sight. Most will use the bottom pin as the slider. Once your bottom pin is sighted in (let’s say 40 yds), then put one of the preprinted tapes on the face of the sight so the 40yd mark is aligned with the pointer. Now go to the furthest distance you can accurately shoot. Let’s say 60yds for the sake of argument. Turn the dial until that bottom pin is sighted in at 60yds. Now match up the tape that comes closest to lining up with the 40yd mark on the original tape and where the pointer now is sighted in at 60 yds. Once this is done, you’re basically sighted in for any distance. Once set, if you change draw weight or arrow weight, you’ll need to go through the same process again.

19-Jul-20
The new ones with the dual indicator are awesome. I now effectively have two sliders. I can dial short and long. Love my new mountain light on 6” dove tail.

19-Jul-20
Ditto, Brotsky.

I don't crank my adjustment all the way up for initial sighting. I set it with the dove tail flush at the top. I feel having the dovetail engaged for the full length gives me the most robust setup. There is still WAY more travel than I need for the bottom slider pin.

19-Jul-20
I like that idea Midwest. I got started shooting with it cranked all they way up. But going to crank it down till the top is flush and set pins with that as a starting point

19-Jul-20
I use Grunt-and-Gobble’s method and use my bottom pin as the slider to get the longest range. That’s on a three pin SH, but same deal.

19-Jul-20
The other advantage to having room to move the slider up is, say your bottom pin is set at 40, you can move the slider up for a 35 yard shot so you don't have to split pins. Even if you have the double indicators, moving the bottom pin up 5 yards is easier than moving the top 20 yard pin down 15.

19-Jul-20
Tomorrow my bg mountain lite will be in. Bought the 5 pin but plan on taking one out. Been wanting one for far to long. Sighting in a slider with 3-5 pins should be easy compared to a single pin slider. I will use Midwest’s idea on keeping things flush to start. Makes sense to me.

• Sitka Gear