guero42 10-Aug-20
Jasper 10-Aug-20
Rut Nut 10-Aug-20
Charlie Rehor 10-Aug-20
Ok...Russ 10-Aug-20
21-Jul-20

Jasper's embedded Photo
Jasper's embedded Photo
First off, I'd like to thank everyone who sent me a candidate for the free bow giveaway I posted several weeks ago. I read them all and prayed that God would help me make the right decision. Honestly there were a number of stories that broke my heart and I wish I had a fully set up bow to give everyone. One message I received stood out above the others and I pretty much knew where the Lord was leading me at that moment. A fine gentlemen named Manuel from New Mexico reached out to tell me the story Ethan and Gabriel, both 19, of Arizona. I won’t go into details but both these young men had a tough row to hoe much of their lives and currently are living in a room above a garage trying their best to make ends meet. They both work and from everything I've found out are really good kids who could use a break and something good to happen to them. Well, it is - the bow, accessories and all the goodies are being shipped to them today and they have no clue it's coming! They've hunted a little with rifles and love the outdoors but have never shot a bow. Perhaps the brightest spot of this whole story is their mentor, Manuel, who is an experienced bow hunter who seems to help others more than he hunts for himself. Ethan and Gabriel have talked to him at length about wanting to bow hunt deer and elk with him and it looks like that will soon be happening with Manuel showing them the way and all the ropes. Thank God for selfless men like Manuel. Obviously one bow for them both is a lot better than none, but what if they each had their own bow?! I'm betting there is someone who reads this who has a bow they're not using or who would be willing to contribute to buying one. These Christian young men really don't own any kind of hunting gear or clothes either so the thought hit me that "why don't those of us who have the heart and means just storm Heaven and overwhelm them with caring and love?!" A bow, arrows, clothes, boots, gift cards, books or videos, a letter of encouragement, etc.! Used clothes are great too! Here are their sizes:

Boots - 10 Shirts - large Pants - 29x34

We'll know soon but we believe they have about a 28.5 or 29" draw.

If you have something to contribute, PM or email me at [email protected] and I'll give you the address to send the items to. Here are a couple of pics of these young men as well as the bow they will be getting. “Never underestimate the possibility that a single act of kindness can change the course of a person’s life, or yours too for that matter.” Thank you and God bless! John #godsgreatoutdoors #payitforward #blessedbybowhunting

21-Jul-20

Jasper's embedded Photo
Jasper's embedded Photo

21-Jul-20

Jasper's embedded Photo
Jasper's embedded Photo

21-Jul-20

Jasper's embedded Photo
Jasper's embedded Photo

21-Jul-20

Jasper's embedded Photo
Jasper's embedded Photo

21-Jul-20
very generous

21-Jul-20
Kindness is never taken for granted

21-Jul-20
What a gentleman you certainly are Sir

Robb

21-Jul-20
You’re a good man Jasper. Thanks for taking the lead and making a difference. I’m going to donate a new pair of boots. I’ll send you a PM.

21-Jul-20
Outstanding John! Thank you for all you do!

21-Jul-20
Well done...

21-Jul-20
Encouraging. Thanks for sharing.

21-Jul-20
Jasper, what would it cost to get another setup like that for the other boy? I don't know if any was donated by sponsors or just generous bowsiters but I'd think we could scrape up enough so they both hunt together. I can toss in a couple hundred to help. Anyone else want to chip in?

21-Jul-20
Very nice!

21-Jul-20

21-Jul-20
You are a very good person, Jasper. The kind of thing that can make a difference.

21-Jul-20
That's a really "GOOD" thing you've done. My hats off to you sir..

21-Jul-20
Jasper I might have a bow for one of them. It’s bare though, so hopefully somebody else can help with rest, sight, etc.

21-Jul-20
Well done Jasper and all!! It's nice see threads like this doing the right thing.

It might be wise to compile a list of what is being sent so folks don't repeat items. Plus it should expand the list of different items as folks will know what else is needed to outfit the lads. My humble 2 cents....

21-Jul-20
I have a left hand Shaeffer rest that was on my mq1 bow. Its in great shape. I also have a few unused carbontech rhino 35/55 arrows cut 28" from throat of nock to cut. They may be under spined for the bow. Just let me know and I will mail them out asap.

21-Jul-20
Good morning Jasper, great thing you are doing. I have two nice long sleeve max 1dri-plus tee shirts that I would like to give. Please send me an address. Thanks and God bless. Russ.

21-Jul-20

Jasper's embedded Photo
Jasper's embedded Photo
Man, you guys rock!!!!! Thank you! I absolutely knew some Bowsiter’s would step up big time. I’m sending the address via PM to those who have asked. The first PM I received was from someone donating a fully set up bow! It’s a Quest Forge package. He’s also sending a Cobra release and some G5 Strikers! Not gonna mention his name until I get the OK from him

21-Jul-20
Good idea on the list JL! Here’s what we have so far : 1. Fully set up bow (Xxx) 2. New size 10 boots (Thanks Chief 419!!!) 3. 2 long sleeve dri - plus shirts (Thanks Russ!) 4. OK....Russ, since we already have a bow perhaps you could buy some arrows with your donation? Thanks to all for the kind words as well!

21-Jul-20
Jasper, if you or another on here would give me a couple suggestions on arrows(brand, spine, length), I can sure get you a dozen in the mail. Or, should I leave them uncut and they can get done at local shop? If all this is coming to your address, let me know come shipping time and I'll see if FedEx will allow me to use my employee discount to save a little cash - maybe enough for a target!

21-Jul-20
Russ, the arrows I sent are Carbon Express Maxima Red Badlands 350s with Blazers (NOT small diameter). It’d be nice if they shot the same arrow. I’ll PM you Manuel’s address, that’s where all the stuff is going. He lives close to them and will get it to them and help with the set up and shooting. I’d send them full length, Manuel can have them cut. Thanks so much Russ! You da man!

21-Jul-20
Will get them ordered today and just send directly to Manuel. We'll definitely need some pics when opening all the boxes like the other giveaway thread!

21-Jul-20
Updated list of stuff being shipped in addition to my bow: 1. Fully set up bow (Adam, aka Trophyseeker - thank you!!!) 2. New size 10 boots (Thanks Chief 419!!!) 3. 2 long sleeve dri - plus shirts (Thanks Russ!) 4. Dozen Carbon Express Maxima Reds with Blazers (Thanks OK....Russ!)

21-Jul-20
yooper and nchunter, thank you for the offer but Trophyseeker’s bow works better since it’s full set up. Much appreciated

21-Jul-20
VERY cool! KUDOS to all involved!

21-Jul-20
Arrows sent via Amazon and will be there next week. Will send Manuel a card with some $$ to cover the cost of fletching - this way the boys shoot same size arrow but different colored vanes. Should keep those "my arrow is the one in the center" debates to a minimum! :)

21-Jul-20
Russ, you’re awesome buddy!

21-Jul-20
hey all its Manuel, thanks for all the support, these guys are gonna be jumping over the moon when we get it all put together . i really cant wait to spend the day with them getting them sighted in and stoked up for any hunt we can find. Luckily AZ has OTC deer tags so that'll be the first hunt i plan to get them out on.

as far as $$ is concerned i do all my own fletching and arrow cutting so no need for the $$ i think the supplies to get them out in the field is more than generous.

i cant wait for some heated shooting competition between us.

Thank you all very much.

21-Jul-20
Welcome to the Bowsite Guero! And thank you for what you’re doing with those young men!

21-Jul-20
Feel good story! Thanks

21-Jul-20
Bowsite has some amazing people on here! Some great stuff you’re doing, Jasper, as well as you, Guero! Welcome to Bowsite, BTW! Kudos to others who have stepped up, too!

Jasper...sent you a PM

21-Jul-20
Let me know if a need for any additional arrows - have a dozen C/E pile drivers could send if needed

21-Jul-20
Another Updated list of stuff being shipped in addition to my bow: 1. Fully set up bow (Adam, aka Trophyseeker - thank you!!!) 2. New size 10 Lowa GTX Renegade boots (Thanks Chief 419!!!) 3. 2 long sleeve dri - plus shirts (Thanks Russ!) 4. Dozen Carbon Express Maxima Reds with Blazers (Thanks OK....Russ! 5. Leica LRF 900 range finder (Thanks T-Roy!) 6. A guy from FB is sending some camo pants and shirts

21-Jul-20
Guero, Welcome to Bowsite. The guys on this site always step up for a good cause. Please give us an update on these young men and their adventures on future hunting trips. Would love to follow along and see how they're progressing and enjoying the great outdoors. You're a good man for taking interest in these young men and mentoring them.

21-Jul-20

Jasper's embedded Photo
Jasper's embedded Photo
Here’s a better pic of the fully setup bow Trophyseeker is sending (plus release and broadheads)! This thing is ready to roll!

21-Jul-20
Oh and Randy doesn’t mess around, lol. Those boots he’s sending are Lowa GTX Renegades! First class act....

21-Jul-20
I’ll for sure keep you all up to date on our adventures. This has got me really impressed with the hunting brotherhood. So often I see others hating on each other and just so much negativity.

I’d like to offer my assistance with hunt planning/information for anything in my neck of the woods. If you all ever find yourself hunting NM elk, deer, pronghorn, javelina in units 15, 16a, 16b, 16d, 23, 24, 26, 27 or ibex and oryx PM me and I’ll do my best to assist. It’s my way of saying thank you and giving back for the tremendous amount of support you all have shown.

21-Jul-20
Nice job boys! Makes me proud to be one of you!

22-Jul-20
* New update....in addition to my bow: 1. Fully set up bow (Adam, aka Trophyseeker - thank you!!!) 2. New size 10 Lowa GTX Renegade boots (Thanks Chief 419!!!) 3. 2 long sleeve dri - plus shirts (Thanks Russ!) 4. Dozen Carbon Express Maxima Reds with Blazers (Thanks OK....Russ! 5. Leica LRF 900 range finder (Thanks T-Roy!) 6. A guy from FB is sending some camo pants and shirts. 7. Two camo shirts, 3 knives and a bino harness (Thanks Russ!)

22-Jul-20
So now Ethan AND Gabriel will be hunting in Lowa GTX Renegades! Thank you Mr. X!

22-Jul-20

Two Feathers's embedded Photo
Two Feathers's embedded Photo

22-Jul-20
Two Feathers... I Love That Post! LOL!!

Man those are great boots!

Very well done John! You are a true blessing to these boys!

22-Jul-20
jasper, I’ve been thinking, I have a XL Scentblocker jacket that’s never been worn. It would be a great early season top shell, especially when layering with a hoodie, Unfortunately, I’m in North Dakota in a hell hole that no one should experience. As soon as I get home, brand new jacket on the way. I should be returning home, August 21st +/- a day or two. Consider it done. Randy

23-Jul-20
Randy, thank you. Again! I’ll add it to the list. PM me if you need the address again

23-Jul-20
New update....in addition to my bow: 1. Fully set up bow (Adam, aka Trophyseeker - thank you!!!) 2. New size 10 Lowa GTX Renegade boots (Thanks Chief 419!!!) 3. 2 long sleeve dri - plus shirts (Thanks Russ!) 4. Dozen Carbon Express Maxima Reds with Blazers (Thanks OK....Russ! 5. Leica LRF 900 range finder (Thanks T-Roy!) 6. A guy from FB is sending some camo pants and shirts. 7. Two camo shirts, 3 knives and a bino harness (Thanks Russ!) 8. Scentblocker jacket - (Chief 419) 9. Tru Ball release - (Thanks wacem (Don)

23-Jul-20
Wow, this a great showing of generosity! Both by guero42 and all who have donated equipment. I wish the boys much success!

28-Jul-20

guero42's embedded Photo
guero42's embedded Photo
A bunch of gear was delivered today all for Gabriel and Ethan. I’ll get it all out together and show you all how awesome your donations added up to.

Will also update you all when I get it to them , currently planned for aug 8th. And on our future adventures.

Thank you all so much!

28-Jul-20
Guero, thanks for the pic! There’s more coming! So looking forward to those young men enjoying all their gear !

29-Jul-20
Fantastic effort by the Bowsite Community and special thanks to Jasper for making it happen. Prolly be a tear or two in the eyes of these young men when they receive their gift.

29-Jul-20
Amen Charlie! Some incredible, kind people here!

30-Jul-20
Mr. C comes through again and is sending these young men a target and a day pack! What a fine man!

01-Aug-20
Jasper you are a good man. Bowsite has the best group of guys on the internet. Thanks to all and them are some lucky boys, hope they succeed.

02-Aug-20

Jasper's embedded Photo
Jasper's embedded Photo
On the way Guero!

02-Aug-20

Jasper's embedded Photo
Jasper's embedded Photo

02-Aug-20
Thank you Kyle! God bless!

03-Aug-20

Jasper's embedded Photo
Jasper's embedded Photo
More on the way from Chief 419!

The boys are getting their big surprise Saturday

03-Aug-20
So Awesome!!! Great work Gents!!!

07-Aug-20
Am I the only one anxious to see these young men's faces when they witness the generosity of strangers? Hope that Manuel will be able to get a short video maybe of the gala event. Don't usually log on over the weekend but think I'll make an exception to check in after I get back on Saturday.

07-Aug-20
Yep, one more day till the big surprise made possible because of a bunch of fine people With big hearts from right here at the good ole Bowsite!

07-Aug-20

guero42's embedded Photo
guero42's embedded Photo
All set for the bows reveal tomorrow! Thank you all!

07-Aug-20
WOW! Those boys are gonna be blown away! : )

07-Aug-20
OK, this makes me teary eyed! Thanks to you all, you know who you are. And thank you Bowsite. Please pray that tomorrow will be a life changing day for these young men. Special thanks to Guero for taking them under your wing! God bless!

07-Aug-20
Prays sent, and blessings for you brother!!! Guero, you are a good man!!!

09-Aug-20

guero42's embedded Photo
guero42's embedded Photo
Thank you all so much. We had a great reveal and following day shooting. We got sighted in out to 50 yards! Not bad for beginners. Throughout the day we all were still o. Shock with the support given. Couldn’t have done it without you all.

09-Aug-20

guero42's embedded Photo
guero42's embedded Photo

09-Aug-20

guero42's embedded Photo
guero42's embedded Photo

09-Aug-20
Boys are lookin good. great job by all. Gives me hope for the Good Ol USA...

09-Aug-20
That’s awesome, Manuel! I’ll bet those boys will fall asleep tonight with big smiles on their faces! Please keep us updated with their progress and hopefully some “hero” shots as well!

10-Aug-20

guero42's embedded Photo
guero42's embedded Photo

10-Aug-20
Now those are some happy looking young men! Love the pic of them shooting side by side. Guero, thanks so much for making this happen! God was all over this start to finish! Keep us updated please. God bless!

10-Aug-20
Absolutely AWESOME to see stuff like this! Thanks for the update and for what you are doing for these young men Manuel!

God has a way of bringing good people together...……………………………...

10-Aug-20
Bowsite guys Rock. Thx Jasper

10-Aug-20
I don't think any game animal is going to be safe in New Mexico with these 2 guys armed like they are! Sure does feel good to give and even better when it's received so graciously. Thanks Jasper and Manuel for posting and getting 'us' involved. Looking forward to fall pics of them both out hunting. Have a great day all!!!

• Sitka Gear