Buglmin 25-Jul-20
bentshaft 25-Jul-20
Norseman 26-Jul-20
BULELK1 26-Jul-20
Shiras42 27-Jul-20
Yogibar 27-Jul-20
BOHUNTER09 28-Jul-20
24-Jul-20
Anyone have a good suggestion for a bowhunting vest. I would have liked to have tried the Cabela's bowhunter vest, but they don't make it anymore. Everything they make with lots of pockets is nylon or some other loud material. Here is my wish list, mostly for whitetail hunting:

Quiet - preferably fleece, wool or another silent material

Front Pockets - Lots of pockets in front both on the abdomen and chest areas (inner and outer). Pockets for calls, binos, range finder, and the 50 other things I always seem to take with me.

Back Pouch - I like to have a pouch in the back for slipping an extra jacket, seat pad or rattling antlers in.

Warmth - Either lightweight or midweight at most. Something that can be worn early season or as a top layer in later season.

24-Jul-20
The Catalyst from First Lite is really nice. Quiet, couple pockets, and durable. I like wearing a vest because it goes well with how I carry my rangefinder (tethered to my bino harness and stored in my right hand pocket for simple and quiet access)

24-Jul-20
I like vests also and a have a few different ones depending on the weather. Other than a turkey vest, I don’t think I’ve seen any with a back pouch like you mentioned. If you are just going to have 1, it probably makes sense to get a soft shell like Nick mentions above. The Sika Jetstream and Kuiu Guide vests are good too.

24-Jul-20
I really liked this one last year. 2 pockets high, 2 side and 2 inner pockets. Very soft, quiet and warm.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2FMossy-Oak-Hunting-Camouflage-Clothing%2Fdp%2FB07TZKFR4X&psig=AOvVaw2lF5rOnPxOU_sFPcN9FAc5&ust=1595710438679000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CA0QjhxqFwoTCLCHo-Hi5uoCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAE

24-Jul-20
My old King of the mountain vest works great for me.

24-Jul-20
Thanks for the input, but still not there. More pockets! Like a hybrid of a turkey vest, fly fishing vest, photographers vest and a regular old fleece vest. Camo is not necessary.

24-Jul-20
I love my Hunter Safety Vest. Lots of pockets and my range finder fits perfectly.

I actually used it on an archery Vermont Moose hunt a few years ago. Belt straps were extra weight but it fit the bill that week. No tree stand hunting either just spot and stalk and call.

25-Jul-20
I use a Humvee vest and absolutely love it. It’s meant for photography I believe but it suits archery hunting very well. I think mine has 13 pockets. Available in black, tan, green. I did trim off a little Velcro to prevent game spooking noise. Available in cotton, cotton/poly blend or all poly. It even has a good size back pocket.

BP

25-Jul-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
No secret I've always been a Primo's guy so I like the lighter color one vs the darker color one for my bow hunts.

Good luck, Robb

25-Jul-20
You could always sew on a back pouch if needed

25-Jul-20
Primos is the best one I’ve used. Cabelas was way to heavy and hot.

25-Jul-20
Day one makes a great vest, and you can get it with a back pouch.

25-Jul-20
Yep, Day One makes a very like that.

25-Jul-20
Primos.

26-Jul-20
Where’s Waldo, Robb? Nice rack! He he he...peek a boo

26-Jul-20
Po' man's Wallpaper!

King's Calendars and Bowfishing Babes---------->Calendars

Robb

27-Jul-20
Checking out that DayOne vest and have some questions out to them. Thanks for the replies!

27-Jul-20
Is Day One still in business?

28-Jul-20
Yes day one is still going

• Sitka Gear