Jaquomo 18-Dec-21
70lbdraw 18-Dec-21
JL 18-Dec-21
Scrappy 18-Dec-21
70lbdraw 18-Dec-21
HDE 19-Dec-21
24-Jul-20

JL's Link
It's not BH related but good news is good news! Glad to see this.....

The Washington Post and Nick Sandmann settle lawsuit out of court

The Washington Post and Nick Sandmann have settled a libel and slander lawsuit stemming from coverage of the Kentucky teen, who became the center of a social media firestorm last year.

Sandmann announced the settlement Friday on Twitter, which also happened to be his 18th birthday.

"Thanks to my family & millions of you who have stood your ground by supporting me," Sandmann wrote. "I still have more to do."

The teen and his family sued The Washington Post for $250 million after it reported on a viral video from a trip Sandmann took with his Covington Catholic High School class to Washington, D.C., for the Right to Life March in January 2019.

The details of the settlement have not been released publicly. A motion filed in U.S. District Court by Sandmann's lawyers requested the case be dismissed at the request of both sides of the suit.

"We are pleased that we have been able to reach a mutually agreeable resolution of the remaining claims in this lawsuit," said Kristine Coratti Kelly, vice president of communications for The Washington Post, in a statement to The Enquirer, part of the USA TODAY Network.

On 2/19/19, I filed $250M defamation lawsuit against Washington Post. Today, I turned 18 & WaPo settled my lawsuit. Thanks to @ToddMcMurtry & @LLinWood for their advocacy. Thanks to my family & millions of you who have stood your ground by supporting me. I still have more to do.

— Nicholas Sandmann (@N1ckSandmann) July 24, 2020

The clip video showed Sandmann and Nathan Phillips, a Native American who was demonstrating that day, facing each other in a crowd. Sandmann was wearing a red Make America Great Again hat.

Twitter exploded with accusations of racism and privilege. News outlets like the Washington Post, NBC, CNN and the USA TODAY Network began reporting the story.

Phillips told reporters he was trying to defuse a tense situation – some of the students had just had a loud encounter with a group of Black Hebrew Israelites, which is considered a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Sandmann identified himself as the teen featured in the video in a written statement. He said he was also trying to deescalate the situation because he wasn't sure why Phillips had approached him and the other students.

Sandmann and his attorneys argued that the gist of a Washington Post article falsely conveyed that Sandmann had assaulted or physically intimidated Nathan Phillips and engaged in racist conduct.

The suit said the paper's coverage was like a "modern-day form of McCarthyism."

Sandmann's attorneys claimed The Post incorrectly characterized the teen as the aggressor in the situation and exposed him to public ridicule.

The lawsuit was at first dismissed in federal court, but then was allowed to continue on a limited basis examining specific statements that said Sandmann "blocked" Phillips and "would not allow him to retreat."

In a tweet Friday, Sandmann said: "The fight isn't over. 2 down. 6 to go."

CNN settled with Sandmann in January. The details of that settlement were private.

There are outstanding lawsuits against NBC, ABC News, CBS News, The New York Times, Rolling Stone and Gannett, which owns the USA TODAY Network.

Between all the lawsuits, Sandmann sought $1.25 billion in damages.

24-Jul-20
This was never in doubt. The kid had the truth and Lin Wood on his side, one of the best attorneys in the world. Well done!

24-Jul-20
It wouldn't surprise me if Lin Wood could end some governors careers with the shenanigans they are pulling...

24-Jul-20
Well he probably won't be a billionare when this is all over, but will be well heeled. I suspect that he will probably do good with some of the money instead of blowing it on wine women and song, which is what I would do.

Terry

24-Jul-20
Why can't they defame ME??

24-Jul-20
^^^^^This^^^^^

24-Jul-20
This does involve an Indian and indians used bow so why would you say this isn't BH related? ????????

24-Jul-20
"his does involve an Indian and indians used bow so why would you say this isn't BH related? ????????"

Well.....I suppose....they did invent the word "vegetarian".

25-Jul-20
I hope he cleans out many more media bank accounts--and then donates it to my Super Slam fund!

25-Jul-20
I'm glad that the media is paying up, but it's a drop in the bucket for them. I'm hoping that sandman/wood go after the Hollywood elite who defamed him. With the media settling up those Hollywood scumbags have got to be quaking in thier boots. Ellen degenerate, Kathy griffhound amd Little billy mahr and the rest and put a dent in their pockets that will hurt.

25-Jul-20
The "List". It looks like they're going after the deep pockets first.

"This week they have prepared documentation preservation letters addressed to organizations and individuals they believe may have defamed or libeled Nick with false reporting, McMurtry said.

McMurtry said the following organizations and people are those who can expect to receive the letters, which were all sent by the close of business on Friday.

The Washington Post

The New York Times

Cable News Network, Inc. (CNN)

The Guardian

National Public Radio

TMZ

Atlantic Media Inc.

Capitol Hill Publishing Corp.

Diocese of Covington

Diocese of Lexington

Archdiocese of Louisville

Diocese of Baltimore

Ana Cabrera

Sara Sidner

Erin Burnett

S.E. Cupp

Elliot C. McLaughlin

Amanda Watts

Emanuella Grinberg

Michelle Boorstein

Cleve R. Wootson Jr . Antonio Olivo

Joe Heim

Michael E. Miller

Eli Rosenberg

Isaac Stanley-Becker

Kristine Phillips

Sarah Mervosh

Emily S. Rueb

Maggie Haberman

David Brooks

Shannon Doyne

Kurt Eichenwald

Andrea Mitchell

Savannah Guthrie

Joy Reid

Chuck Todd

Noah Berlatsky

Elisha Fieldstadt

Eun Kyung Kim

HBO

Bill Maher

Warner Media

Conde Nast

GQ

Heavy.com

The Hill

The Atlantic

Bustle.com

Ilhan Omar

Elizabeth Warren

Kathy Griffin

Alyssa Milano

Jim Carrey

25-Jul-20
I can only hope he bankrupt’s all of them!!

25-Jul-20
A list of complete losers. I could add a few but that's pretty comprenshive right there:)

25-Jul-20
Thats a great list! Can only hope his attorneys dont allow Sandmann to melt before they all are forced to write staggering checks on account of they're being total toolbags..

Would be AWESOME if the judge would allow the Metallica song of similar name to play as the parties entered the hearing room.........HAHA!!!

25-Jul-20
The media being held accountable is long overdue. The media is currently meddling in our election. Russia and China should be the least of our concerns.

25-Jul-20
ki-ke.....they could maybe get Mariano Rivera as a character witness, too! Or have him give the “closing” arguments! ;-)

The number of defendants they could add to that list, is practically endless.

25-Jul-20
Looks like the attorneys will retire after this.

25-Jul-20
... considered a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center. The hate group here is the Southern Poverty Law Center. Good for Sandman!

25-Jul-20
^...this. Until the ACLU (and SPLC) protects ALL maligned folks regardless of political persuasion....I've got to add them to that list too. Unfortunately....the ACLU's (and SPLC) interests are usually one-sided.

25-Jul-20
The primary reason why these "media" institutions are settling is that they don't want to submit to discovery. Imagine what hidden information could be uncovered that could truly bring the foul nature of modern media to light. Many people still trust the media - to their own detriment.

28-Jul-20
What RD said.... they were pretty defiant.... right up until granted discovery. Then they would have had to produce the inside notes that lead to the lies and defamation. Folded rather than have to produce them and further expose themselves for who they are.

Funny part is..... all they had to do avoid the lawsuits was apologize, as they were asked to do.

Love to see them forced to discovery WRT a Trump lawsuit..... that could be a movie deal right there..... MSM is a bad joke anymore. Irrelevant to all but the lowest information consumer. They have lost all credibility, integrity and most of all, trust. They twist, lie, and omit to protect their narrative. Recent events have made that even more glaringly obvious. Useful idiots and sycophants.

If it weren't for double standards they'd literally have none at all......

28-Jul-20
RD & TD, Honest question for you. What does it matter what comes out in discovery? The media isn't going to report on any of it other than a passing mention at most so we will never really know anything about any of it even if did come out.

Oh, and sometime just for fun watch the CBS evening news and see the hate on Norah's face when she even has to say Trump's name. 4 more years of that would be great!

28-Jul-20
L Lin Wood is one legal GIANT you don't want to go up against - if he takes your case, the other side is gonna lose. Period.

28-Jul-20
Sandman really wins again. Seems like "reporters" have violated the confidentiality agreement that was part of the settlement. Looks like Wood will be going back to court since the agreement was violated...and some talking heads may well loose their jobs.

History has significance. Poor slobs from the media have been advocating removal of so much that they forgot the WWII meme: Loose lips sink ships.

28-Jul-20
Shiras.... ya have a great point. If a tree falls in the forest.....

IMHO..... I think they sense they are in trouble in the MSM, they are in fear they are no longer in full control of the narrative. That is the one thing they need most, control of the narrative. There are now so many other options open for truth and facts to be..... illuminated. Voices given a growing "platform" to be heard. (Irony slathered on.... many platforms who grew into giants by offering voices are now turned corporate publisher and want these voices silenced.) Granted there are many off in the weeds and wilderness as well, but any semi intelligent person who's willing to do (due?) their diligence can get a good grasp of the situation.

Just look at the debacle on the Hill today with Barr. A disgraceful bunch of lying spoiled children. Even worse than the Russia debacle, the Kavanaugh hearings, the Impeachment "trial", ad nauseum.... All, every one, a proven lie. Propped up and championed by shameless liars. Same as this Covington lie. And STILL..... never..... any apology for the knowing lies and deceit. Even when a court of law might determine one is due. At every turn, the wrong end of the truth EVERY time..... and not a glimmer of self awareness. Knowing dishonesty justified in their little elitist bubble.... for your own good don'cha know. Now move along.... nothing to see here.....

We're talkin' not just smelling so bad they need to be buried..... some clearly need a stake in the heart first to make sure......

28-Jul-20

Annony Mouse's Link

29-Jul-20
I heard that Nicolas Sandman could have just become CNN's highest paid television personality.....!

Pete

29-Jul-20
Pete - now that’s funny.

If the MSM and professional sports disappeared and never returned, the country would be better off in so many ways.

17-Dec-21

JL's Link
Another one drops to the Sandman.......cha-ching!

Rittenhouse should be up to bat soon.

"Covington Catholic graduate Nicholas Sandmann reaches settlement in lawsuit against NBC

Quinlan Bentley, Cincinnati Enquirer - 2h ago

Documents filed Friday in U.S. District Court in the Eastern District of Kentucky show both parties agreed to dismiss the case without a judgement from the court.

At this time I would like to release that NBC and I have reached a settlement. The terms are confidential. — Nicholas Sandmann (@N1ckSandmann) December 17, 2021"

18-Dec-21
“L Lin Wood is one legal GIANT you don't want to go up against - if he takes your case, the other side is gonna lose. Period.”

He just hasn’t come up against Ben Matlock yet. ??

18-Dec-21
Kyrob, Kinda like lawyer Daggett :)

18-Dec-21
Lin Wood was Kyle's attorney in the beginning. He kept Kyle in jail for months while they collected donations, even though they could have bailed him out. The Rittenhouses fired him before the trial. Kyle has nothing good to say about Wood.

18-Dec-21
Sandman and Rittenhouse should use some if that cash to buy Trump another 4 year run!

18-Dec-21
I could see some of Sandman's fellow classmates who were there on the steps with him when all of this was taking place trying to get some of the money he is getting.

I knew Rittenhouse wasn't too fond of Lin Wood after keeping him in jail to get donations. Smart business unless you're the one sitting in jail.

18-Dec-21
70lbdraw, money can't win an election when the other side already has enough votes in boxes under the table to insure a win. Very frustrating for me when people think an outsider will ever be allowed in the Whitehouse ever again. If your not an insider whether it be a D or R you will never be be allowed to win.

18-Dec-21
That's my point scrappy. Sleepy Joe didn't win on merit. It's ALL about the greenbacks!

19-Dec-21
^^^ especially when he was a 3 time loser before on the primary White House bid.

• Sitka Gear