tobywon 31-Jul-20
TD 01-Aug-20
Ucsdryder 01-Aug-20
Buffalo1 02-Aug-20
Ucsdryder 02-Aug-20
Ucsdryder 02-Aug-20
Buffalo1 02-Aug-20
25-Jul-20
Anyone have any first-hand experience or knowledge with the Magnus Black Hornet?Interested in hear you comments.

25-Jul-20
They are absolutely devastating broadheads

Strong as hell, superb edge retention, and fly like lasers (if tuned correctly, not forgiving)

25-Jul-20
Pyrannah x 2 excellent, fly's excellent, customer service excellent, warranted for life.

26-Jul-20
For me they shot ok. One went through my target and the feral seemed to bend pretty easy. Tried those the same year I saw the slick trick viper tricks. For me the vipertricks shoot better , and seem more durable.

26-Jul-20
Blew through muskox. Only animal taken with one so far. They are very strong and low profile. If they are not indestructible I would like To see what could destruct one.

26-Jul-20
Have been shooting the Ser Rzr version for several years now personally. Feel like I’ve lost a bit of penetration vs. the Buzzcut head I shot before but that is just the design difference. But they sharpen easily and fly great and with the great customer service you can’t go wrong with them.

26-Jul-20
I shot them for several years. Pros: large holes, good flight, good customer service Cons: had to disassemble to sharpen, had several bend at the bleeder slot

I have since gone back to the 2 blade buzzcuts but I have some 2 blade hornets to try this fall. Love my Magnus products.

Craig

26-Jul-20
Shooting out of a 52# bow:

Between the Set Rzr version of the Black Hornet and the Stinger Buzzcut, which will offer the greatest penetration? Between the two which will offer the greatest destruction?

26-Jul-20
Magnus stinger/buzzcuts 2 blade will offer the best penetration.

29-Jul-20
I tested a new 500 spine arrow this aft that I just built. I tested at 45 yds with 100 gr. Slick Tricks, Magnus Buzzcuts and Magnus Black Hornets. I got the best arrow flight and tightest groupings with the Hornets.

29-Jul-20
The Hornets are a GREAT head!

30-Jul-20
I think they are a great head. The one thing I don't like is how flat the angle of attack is on the bleeders on the 4 blade. Would think that would hinder penetration a bit compared to a Stinger.

30-Jul-20
Would the Ser Rzr version penetrate better than the regular? Looks like the Ser Rzr has more aggressive serrations than the buzzcuts but not sure how that would relate to penetration. Not sure if anything would "hang up" and impede penetration. I assume not if properly sharpened. I've used buzzcuts and have stingers for the recurve.

30-Jul-20
I don't know tobywon, but my hair covered computer says that the difference wouldn't be noticeable.

31-Jul-20
The SerRazors leave a fantastic blood trail, although the trails tend to be rather short. I've used it the last two seasons and watched both bucks go down. Both were quartering away shots and penetration was impeded by hitting the off side leg. Still put plenty of blood on the ground. The Magnus warranty is the best in the industry. When I first saw them, I was concerned about the steep angle, but so far the deer don't seem bothered by it...they just run a little ways and tip over.

31-Jul-20
12 yards, I hear you'll go blind doing that...lol. Joking aside, I figure it wouldn't impede penetration with a good cutting edge.

01-Aug-20
Great heads. Everything is a trade off though. I believe the stingers will get a bit more penetration due to their blade angle, slicing more than "pushing". BUT to get a higher blade angle you need to make it a longer head. Which lends more leverage by the blade against the ferrule, making it easier to bend or break, possibly increases damage to the blade itself. The hornets are tougher.... IMO. But likely to not penetrate as well. Which is also likely to be wasted into dirt behind said animal.....

Trade offs.... compromise..... always have to focus on what you consider most, or more, critical for your purposes.

See: hot/crazy matrix scale.....

01-Aug-20
My buddy screwed a black hornet on yesterday and shot it about 4” from the bullseye at 80. First time he shot them. From a tuned bow they’ll shoot as far as you want to shoot.

02-Aug-20
John what size bullseye was he using for 80 yds.?

02-Aug-20
Piece of orange duct tape. What’s that, a 1.5”x1.5” square?

02-Aug-20

Ucsdryder's embedded Photo
Ucsdryder's embedded Photo
Here ya go. I stole that dot!

02-Aug-20
That is some awesome accuracy performance. Tks

• Sitka Gear