loesshillsarcher 17-Aug-20
Ned mobile 17-Aug-20
Rut Nut 17-Aug-20
SBH 17-Aug-20
bassmasterjk 01-Sep-20
wildwilderness 01-Sep-20
Rackmastr 01-Sep-20
27-Jul-20
My outfitter has not cancelled as of yet!!! Still hopeful for the end of September in British Columbia!! Anybody else still hopefulllll??

27-Jul-20
I'm kind of in the same situation with Greenland. My hunt hasn't been cancelled yet, but probably will be next month. Denmark isn't letting US residents in at this time and I have to go through there to double back to Greenland. I'm so ready for this virus mess to end.

27-Jul-20
I've pretty much resigned myself that my BC moose/caribou hunt is not happening this year. Very disappointing but it is what it is and I look forward to next year. I hope......

27-Jul-20
Hate to say it, but I just don't see it happening. I'd be very surprised if we get to do our annual lake trout fishing trip to Ontario in January. I suspect Canada will be off limits until we get a vaccine.

27-Jul-20
I still can’t see it happening this calendar year, I personally am not to bullish on spring hunts in Canada. I know I won’t be booking a spring bear there anytime soon. Unfortunate for a lot of people both sides of the border.

—Jim

27-Jul-20
Newfoundland hunt still hasn't been postponed, I'm hoping it can happen, but not expecting it.

27-Jul-20
Hoping Skull makes it down for a deer hunt. Odd that I’m not worried about me, but the outfitter.

28-Jul-20
This year is over - next spring 50/50.

28-Jul-20
Man I feel bad for you guys! I can't believe they aren't being reasonable. There are plenty of ways to safely get hunters across the border and keep the outfitters whole. Hope they pull their heads out of their asses soon.

28-Jul-20
Not to hopeful for Fall bear hunt so my son and I are heading to Wyoming for Pronghorn.

28-Jul-20
Not hopeful but not cancelled 10/3 BC moose. It’s just not happening. Even if border opens the quarantine is a nonstarter. Practicing every day but it’s for nothing at this point

28-Jul-20
I’m hanging on for my Lone Wolf bear hunt in 21. Sure glad I didn’t book it for this year!

28-Jul-20
As a Canadian I can tell you right now that the general concensus up here is that until your (royal your) country turns their numbers around and has a coherent plan to deal with the virus we (royal we) do not want our borders opened to you.

Having the border closed has support from over 80 percent of our population according to the latest poll so to go against that would be political suicide.

28-Jul-20
Not likely to get much support from Canadians to reopen. Roughly 35 million population and about one third of that lives around Toronto, so not many rural voters.

28-Jul-20
^...I'll speculate some of that sentiment has nothing to do with the virus but Canadian's seeing the anarchists, rioters, arsonists, thieves, looters and other scum in the US's big cities every night on their news stations. That is a very negative image....can't say as I blame the Canadians for that feeling either. I wouldn't want those folks around either. That is a US problem...not a Canada problem.

28-Jul-20
JL those fools aren't hunters and I trust that Canadian residents are smart enough to know it.

I'll hold hope for my Sept caribou hunt, until I'm told it's off. What else can we do? It's out of our hands.

28-Jul-20
I can understand completely how the Canadians feel. This country hasn't a clue how to deal with this. And, I feel bad about all the hunts that have been and will be cancelled because of that.

28-Jul-20
JL I don't think so. At least not around here. Its completely too do with the response to the virus. We got it under control up here with small flair ups here and there. We've implemented a national top down approach and listened to our experts. We also have a different culture which is evident in our markedly different approach to the virus.

From the talk I'm hearing from friends and family, no one really cares about the protests and what not when it comes to the border. What we care about is reopwning our own economy with our having new vectors coming in spurring outbreaks.

The sentiment up here is that we dont want to open our borders to anyone not taking this seriously and when our news is flooded with pictures of thousands of people at pool parties and tail gates it paints a picture that you dont care.

I can see our borders opening up to tourists from other countries before we open back up to the states, which is a shame because we benefit greatly from your tourism.

28-Jul-20
I missing hunts but the other way already missed several spring hunts out west and now not looking good for fall hunts. I'm already trying to get a refund from the state of Montana the only one I actually bought tags in for this year lol So its not just Canada keeping US citizens out but the US won't let me in to their country either !

28-Jul-20
Saskatchewan whitetail in October. But at this point not expecting much.

28-Jul-20
I would hope Canadians border concern remains when they want to head south for the winter. I bet not

28-Jul-20
I was supposed to be on a plane tomorrow for my British Columbia stone sheep hunt. Canceled and rebooked for 2022. Total bummer, but I get it. I feel really bad for all of the outfitters out there. What is simply an inconvenience for me is a major catastrophe for them.

28-Jul-20
If I get a call, I'll go!

28-Jul-20
I'm guessing my Sask deer hunt won't happen so Im looking for something down here. I do have CO elk in Sept still.

28-Jul-20
Gonna hafta go to plan C on our bear hunt that got bumped from late May to late August, now planning on it getting rescheduled for May-June of 2022. I feel really bad for all these Canadian outfitters. I’m afraid many of them aren’t going to survive this crap.

28-Jul-20
Alberta in November :( I bought my flight, still planning to be prepared for last minute change

28-Jul-20
JL, I’ll speculate (correctly) that absolutely none of it has to do with the rioters. Those people aren’t the type that plan a trip to Canada, and even if they did, they’d have no reason to stir up trouble there. This is due to our response to the virus, plain and simple.

28-Jul-20
This border closing has kept us from spending a couple months in Newfie on our place up there. Worse, I lost all my Maritime gigs along with my spring coaching season. I have been able to recoup a little doing sessions work in the studio, but with venues closed, rough on musicians who are self-employed. Just living on love and not much else.

29-Jul-20
NoWiser.....the Canadian worry isn't the rioters and anarchists physically going to Canada.....my speculation is the image of what Canadians see as a mess between the virus and the anarchists combined gives you the poll numbers listed above. There is definitely an image problem. I wouldn't be surprised if the poll goes higher either.

29-Jul-20
I'm in for 2021 BC/Smithers area and I am starting to think maybe Not going to happen!!

BUMMER,

Robb

29-Jul-20
My outfitter is still hopeful for BC moose Oct 1. Me not so much. Wish they'd at least lengthen timeframe of extensions. Doing it one month at a time means likely a lot of last minute cancellations. With the current increase in cases, I'm afraid hunts here might be affected as well

29-Jul-20
Where were you headed Steff? My moose hunt was or is suppose to be extra special. Still hopeful!!

29-Jul-20
Supposed to be hunting out of Ft Nelson. My flights have me arriving 9/28 and leaving 10/11. Supposed to be chasing mulies on the Kaibab in Az in 4 weeks, but travel restriction things are going bad fast.

29-Jul-20
My Greenland trip has been postponed until next year. Good luck to those going to Canada, but the uptick with this virus mess makes your chances slim. Let’s all hope the vaccine is ready this year so we can get back to some sense of normalcy.

29-Jul-20
My 2020 bear hunt in Manitoba has been moved to 2021. Hope my 2021 moose hunt in Alberta is still on!

30-Jul-20
Buddy was contacted by the local gestapo and told he needed to go take a test. Someone he had been in contact with was diagnosed with Covid. He did not want to but said he thought it was the right thing to do. Took the morning off from his job and went to get the test done. 3 hrs later and still not through the line, he went back to work. 1 week later he was mailed a positive test result! Must have been a mistake so he called the office and told them they sent to the wrong person. They said " If you are on the test roster and do not take the test, its an automatic positive."

Wonder why the positive results are so much higher now? I can't believe this is even legal. Rising cases and Lions and Bears oh my!!

30-Jul-20
" If you are on the test roster and do not take the test, its an automatic positive."

This happened to 4 of my friends. Fact.

30-Jul-20
That's crazy stuff SBH. Doesn't help our chances of getting across the border. Ughhh Nice to know others are hopeful also. Appreciate my outfitter hanging in there as I will go last minute if possible.

30-Jul-20
It's totally insane what's going on. The media and left have completely blinded so many people. They have people so scared.....I mean even here on this site. Look at some of the posts lately. Embarrassing!!!!

Heres another one for ya..... this happened this week to my employees wife......she does hair for weddings and was told she had to be tested and be covid free in order to do all the brides/bridesmaids hair. She went in to get the test and was sent home with no test given. They told her they would no longer do test for people without symptoms. So now she can't get a test meaning she can't go to work. The libs love people on the government teet. PLUS as an added bonus this will totally feed into the dems and their mask policies. I predict we are about to see the positive cases go DOWN in the coming weeks as they will now start to claim they have saved us from our stupid selves with their mask/dictatorship policies. Just in time for the election. Thankfully we have the government to take care of us or I would be very scared.

30-Jul-20
"Buddy was contacted by the local gestapo and told he needed to go take a test. Someone he had been in contact with was diagnosed with Covid. He did not want to but said he thought it was the right thing to do. Took the morning off from his job and went to get the test done. 3 hrs later and still not through the line, he went back to work. 1 week later he was mailed a positive test result! Must have been a mistake so he called the office and told them they sent to the wrong person. They said " If you are on the test roster and do not take the test, its an automatic positive." Wonder why the positive results are so much higher now? I can't believe this is even legal. Rising cases and Lions and Bears oh my!!"

Wow, a very similar thing happened to my wife's coworker. 100% true, and ended up getting a test later. One test, two results, one positive for test date she didn't complete, negative for the one she completed. She is a normal person not into politics or conspiracy. Very troubling

30-Jul-20
"Buddy was contacted by the local gestapo and told he needed to go take a test. Someone he had been in contact with was diagnosed with Covid. He did not want to but said he thought it was the right thing to do. Took the morning off from his job and went to get the test done. 3 hrs later and still not through the line, he went back to work. 1 week later he was mailed a positive test result! Must have been a mistake so he called the office and told them they sent to the wrong person. They said " If you are on the test roster and do not take the test, its an automatic positive." Wonder why the positive results are so much higher now? I can't believe this is even legal. Rising cases and Lions and Bears oh my!!"

Wow, a very similar thing happened to my wife's coworker. 100% true, and ended up getting a test later. One test, two results, one positive for test date she didn't complete, negative for the one she completed. She is a normal person not into politics or conspiracy. Very troubling

30-Jul-20
My Newfoundland moose hunt has not been rescheduled yet, I’m sure it will be. I was able to get a leftover Wyoming Pronghorn tag so I will be heading there in a few weeks. I have a spring bear hunt planned, I hope thing are open by then.

31-Jul-20
Dealing with the province (BC) and the Feds on borders opening it is now being said "this is not the time to even discuss borders opening" Scary fo all of us outfitters in Canada.

Myself I really have my doubts the borders will open before 2021. I am not even depositing deposit checks. Plenty of people still trying to book lynx hunts for this winter. I hoping to pile in the clients after New Years and bring in some extra help to keep the success rate at 100%. Hunters will be itching to get out and travel abroad, I know I am.

31-Jul-20
My spring Manitoba bear hunt was canceled. My outfitter offered a fall 2020 bear hunt that i couldn't make.(won't happen anyway). He moved me to a spring 2022 bear hunt as they were already booked solid in 2021. He said I'm first in line should there be a cancelation in spring 2021. He's a long time outfitter and very reputable. I hope all Canadain outfitters can weather the storm!!!

31-Jul-20
These are comments from BSC July Newsletter-

“ Canadian Border Update Closure of the Canada border is on the 3rd extension with next update August 21. Reporters expect the border to remain closed well into September and October. We are working closely with each outfitter on a daily basis to notify our traveling hunters according.”

31-Jul-20

“ Canadian Border Update Closure of the Canada border is on the 3rd extension with next update August 21. Reporters expect the border to remain closed well into September and October. We are working closely with each outfitter on a daily basis to notify our traveling hunters according.”

31-Jul-20

31-Jul-20
"These are comments from BSC July Newsletter-" “ Canadian Border Update Closure of the Canada border is on the 3rd extension with next update August 21. Reporters expect the border to remain closed well into September and October. We are working closely with each outfitter on a daily basis to notify our traveling hunters according.” On a daily basis, Interesting..

01-Aug-20
My wife works as a Covid nurse here in Michigan. Yes the media has everyone freaked out, even here where the worse is months passed. Now the teachers are scared to go back and teach. Politics here has gotten so ugly I don’t believe any of the positive test, hospitalization and death numbers. There is a definite pattern with the majority who ends up hospitalized. Many are diabetic and most are overweight. Best thing you can do to fight the virus is take care of yourself yet the media and politicians are Mute talking about this. I am sympathetic to others just laying out the facts. I myself could get sick and die?? USA is a big country with lots of diverse people and different climates thus the reason the virus has been moving to different parts of the country. Florida and Texas will be better in a few weeks. Can’t wait until this passes and we can shutdown again flu season.

02-Aug-20
https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/canada-u-s-border-travel-couples-alaska-1.5670867?fbclid=IwAR0Na_44pPYpyAXHh44Uwf22-q0KqkIzHrxefFrNbIKSflW2V5fjTV7YFJA

03-Aug-20
https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/canada-u-s-border-travel-couples-alaska-1.5670867?fbclid=IwAR0Na_44pPYpyAXHh44Uwf22-q0KqkIzHrxefFrNbIKSflW2V5fjTV7YFJA Fake news..... I'm hoping

03-Aug-20
Alot of anti-America comments in the comments section at the bottom of that article. And yes....the riots are mentioned. Some of comments are more political in nature.

06-Aug-20
I'm going, got my work permit approved!

06-Aug-20
Time will tell

06-Aug-20
Ontario is not going to open this year. We have camps in there. Will stay in the UP

07-Aug-20
Talked with my manager yesterday about trying to get in some music bookings and he said not until next year. I live near the border and it is shut tight. Lost a lot of money as we tour the Maritimes every summer and I spend a couple of months at our place in Newfy fishing and playing music.

08-Aug-20
My BC moose guide said they are negotiating with the government to qualify hunters as going into quarantine in the woods to make it possible this year. Don’t know details. Not sure if you’d have to be in woods for 2 weeks.

08-Aug-20
It’s the BC guides association that’s doing the negotiating.

08-Aug-20
"My BC moose guide said they are negotiating with the government to qualify hunters as going into quarantine in the woods to make it possible this year. Don’t know details. Not sure if you’d have to be in woods for 2 weeks." Interesting, a week long quarantine would work out for most if so. Good on the BC Guide Association for trying

10-Aug-20
Well I am still hangin in there then. Appreciate the Assn. making an effort!!

10-Aug-20
Unfortunately outfitters everywhere have been "negotiating" with their governments for months, but so far it hasn't done them much good. As in Alberta, NWT, Yukon, Quebec, Nunavut, Ontario, Greenland, and etc. I sincerely hope they have some luck soon though.

10-Aug-20
Negotiations with their government to simply be able to go to work. Unreal. Sorry fellas.

14-Aug-20
Extended to Sept 21..............

14-Aug-20
Rescheduled moose hunt for 2021. Outfitter advised no hunting this season.

15-Aug-20
SBH, posting garbage that makes it sound like Coronavirus numbers in Montana are being somehow exaggerated, is part of the reason numbers are going up here in Montana. My son works on an ambulance crew and I can assure you that Coronavirus is very real. He has been hauling off bodies and people who later died. Numbers went up when all the tourists showed up, or just fled from places like Texas. And that Democrat Governor of ours is still allowing hunting season to go ahead, and allowing out of state hunters to show up, so lets give him some credit. Hopefully the boneheads will start wearing masks, like they are asked to, and virus numbers don't get out of control, so we can still have a hunting season. It's the counties like Phillips, who have been ignoring the mask wearing, that are now getting growing numbers of cases.

15-Aug-20
Outfitter advises move to next year... done deal... Maine this year.

17-Aug-20
Looking beyond fall of 2020, I am beginning to seriously wonder if Canada will even be open come spring of 2021. Our bear outfitter moved our hunts to then last spring but I have not dared ask anything about 2021 as he lost his entire 2020 season.

17-Aug-20
I am skeptical my fishing trip in July of 2021 will happen.

17-Aug-20
Irishman- That story is true. Sorry the truth is so offensive to you. I guess if you prefer to say "garbage" you can call it what you want. It's not the only story like it and it does add to these numbers you are so worried about. But yes, thank God you have Governor Bullock to allow you to hunt. Phew. What a guy! Do some actual research and get back to me. I highly doubt your son has been "stacking bodies" based on the real numbers. It's not possible, there hasn't been enough death. Yes Corona virus is real, obviously. There have been 82 deaths in the entire state over 5 months. 50 of those deaths are from people over 70 years old. Old people die from all sorts of things that younger healthy people will shrug off. My grandpa has it right now in a nursing home, he's 95. I won't be surprised if this takes him. Or it could be a common cold that does it at that age. Blaming these kinds of deaths and shutting things down over this is where I disagree. You're welcome to look at the state stats on the MT Dept of Health site and see the same "garbage" there too.

17-Aug-20
by a thread now

17-Aug-20
My outfitter hung in there but cancelled today. Praying for a possibility for next year.

17-Aug-20

Rut Nut's Link
I just saw where Sharon Stone and her family fled to Montana to try to get away from the COVID.................but now she is blaming SBH for her sister contracting it! ;-)

17-Aug-20
Too funny Rut. I do have a project in Paradise Valley going on right now..........building a very nice home for a wonderful Family trying to escape the hell that Gavin Newsom created for them in CA. Can’t blame them one bit. I don’t blame the stone family for coming here either. It’s a great place. Unfortunately her and others like her bring their politics with them and they will ruin it. Writing is on the wall.

01-Sep-20
My outfitter just cashed the check for the full payment. So ill just be paid in full for next year, unless i missed some big news...

01-Sep-20
No good news. My outfitter said the chances of getting are closer to none.

01-Sep-20
I'm not seeing much of a chance of things opening for a long while....especially without a quarantine period....

• Sitka Gear