TommySando 16-Jun-21
TommySando 16-Jun-21
MA-PAdeerslayer 16-Jun-21
Lawdy 16-Jun-21
TommySando 22-Jun-21
27-Jul-20
Before I ask my question, please note: PLEASE DO NOT SUGGEST THAT I BUY VARIOUS VIEWERS ETC. because they work great. I only want an answer to the specific question I'm asking, thank you in advance.

I have long used my iPad Mini (Gen 1) to view photos from SD cards taken by trail cams, but I have had to download all the photos to the iPad first in order to look at them full screen. One forum I was reading said you could tap the photo twice to make it full screen, but that doesn't work. It just puts a check mark in the circle of that photo to mark it for import. I really don't want to fill my iPad with downloaded photos that are hard to remove, and I don't want to take the time to download hundreds of photos before I can view them. Does anyone know if it is possible to view the photos full-screen from the SD card on an iPad without having to import them first? I assume iPhones would be the same, but I have never owned one so I don't know. Again, please don't suggest I buy a Moultrie viewer or anything else. I'm just hoping to get an answer to my very specific question. Thank you.

27-Jul-20
I’ve tried and have never found a way, even with the latest iPad. Unfortunately, the images have to be imported.

27-Jul-20
You can use an SD card adapter. There is an Apple Lightning to SD card device (~$25) that will do what you want.

27-Jul-20
BoneView

27-Jul-20
Overland, I have that device. It does NOT allow me to view the photos on the card without downloading them to the device first (at least not in full-screen mode, only thumbnails). If you know HOW to do so with that device, I'm all ears.

27-Jul-20
My iPad is about a year old (not sure the version, my phone is an 11 plus or some crap. I have the apple dongle thingie. I just pinch the thumbnail it pops up full screen and then can scroll through and look at every pic WITHOUT downloading them all (or any).

I Used to have the same problem, but it works fine on my phone and iPad that I currently have. Not sure if that helps, but works easy peezy for me.

—Jim

27-Jul-20
You can organize and view straight from your card reader but you may need an app. I have the green hme card reader. it comes with instructions on which app you need to download. The one I use is iBrary. Hope you can get it figured out. I’ve been defeated many a time by my cameras and cards.

27-Jul-20
Sounds like my old mini, sucked, had to download pics to view then delete them because it only had about 0.2 gig of storage. Have a new iPad now. Much better can view without downloading but not perfect keeps wanting me to by cloud storage.

27-Jul-20

cnelk's Link
Seriously. Check out BoneView - see link

28-Jul-20
Short answer.....nope. However, I don’t know if you have the latest updates, but they can be deleted in droves. It ain’t hard, just time consuming.

31-Jul-20
drycreek, I have an older iPad mini, and it was updated to the most recent update that it will allow some time ago (9.3.5). That hasn't helped that I can tell. Still, I'd rather not have to delete them in droves since I'd rather not have to import them in droves in the first place.

cnelk, I went ahead and ordered a Boneview to see if that works. Thanks for the responses everyone. I'll let you know how the Boneview works out.

31-Jul-20
I'm not certain if this answers your question, but I will give it a shot. I used to carry a bunch of chips and change them out and blah blah blah. Now my method is simple, and gives me full screen shots whether I take my ipad or my phone, and i simply use an older phone specifically for this mission. My method: I use the micro chips in all my cams, (with adapter card) so when I get to a cam, I pop out the microchip, put it in the phone or sometimes Ipad im using. I go to a file manager app I downloaded, and bang, theres all my vids/pics. A double tap opens them, I can enlarge the pics, keep the ones I want, pop the chip out, format it in the cam and move on to the next one. Screw spending $$$$ on viewers when any old phone or I pad will work. Sometimes you gotta find the right app that will view the cams and match, but once dialed in, life is but a dream.

31-Jul-20
What Ipad or Iphone for that matter takes a chip without card reader

31-Jul-20
Western Mass, I'm pretty sure not any OLD iPhone or iPad will allow you to insert a micro SD card. You must have a much newer model than you're implying. The vast majority of them did not allow for an SD card to be inserted to expand memory. Mine does not. I wouldn't want to handle tiny micro SD cards in the field anyway.

01-Aug-20
B K, I received the BoneView I ordered, and you're right! It may not be the fastest at opening or deleting photos, but it does seem to do what I was looking to do. Thanks for the suggestion!

Marvin

01-Aug-20
The Apple Card reader will allow to view larger pics without downloading. Simply go to the screen and chose any picture and “expand” it with your fingers. It will then automatically go to a large format viewer and fill the screen with one pic.

Scott

16-Jun-21
Thanks a lot for this Scott.

16-Jun-21
Thanks a lot for this Scott.

16-Jun-21
I use same as SBH. iBrairy link

16-Jun-21
However I’m giving up on that and got a as card reader. 10x7 ish screen. Plenty big

16-Jun-21
cnelk’s link was what I have been looking for as I had no way to transfer photos from both my trail cam and regular camera. I just ordered one with the case, thirty bucks. Glad I clicked this thread. Thanks cnelk.

16-Jun-21
However I’m giving up on that and got a as card reader. 10x7 ish screen. Plenty big

22-Jun-21
Apple created iCloud for this purpose. I don't understand why people aren't using cloud services for storage because it is very comfortable to use. If you uploaded your photos on your iCloud, you could watch the same photos on every Apple device connected to that account. You can even regularly make a backup of your phone. This will allow you to restore your iPhone. If everything is deleted from your phone, or you go to a new one, you can download all your old information from your iCloud account in a few minutes. _______________________________________ https://macpaw.com/how-to/delete-deactivate-instagram-account

• Sitka Gear