'Ike' (Phone) 30-Jul-20
Pahaska 31-Jul-20
grizz 31-Jul-20
BC 31-Jul-20
elkster 02-Aug-20
27-Jul-20
Hope all Bowsiters are staying safe

27-Jul-20
Does anyone here actually live in/around Portland? Care to share your actual first hand experience with all that? Seems like complete crazy to me.

—Jim

28-Jul-20
I live 30 SE of there and is a crap show. That city National joke And so is our local government.

28-Jul-20
I've got a Columbia blacktail hunt near Shady Cove, OR in November. I'm planning to bring my passport and take a tour of the new country that's formed in Portland.

28-Jul-20
Daughter and grandchildren live there. It’s such a liberal area that I don’t know why anyone would live there. Heading there in 2 weeks but won’t be near downtown

28-Jul-20
I lived there in the early 80s. Was a nice place then. Great bowhunting on Mt Hood. Sure glad I left. It’s a liberal xxxx hole now.

28-Jul-20
I’ve written the place off. I do feel sorry for the people that are stuck in the middle of it though. It has to be a frustrating and helpless feeling. To the rest, Eff em.

28-Jul-20
Good point Atticus. I'll think I'll just stay clear of that disaster.

28-Jul-20
I was stationed in Oregon twice. The first time was 87 - 91 and the second 05 - 06. It changed alot in that short period of time....and not for the better. Left-wing Californicators fleeing Cali metastasized along the I-5 corridor and brought their ideology with them. Even Bend used to be a real cool place...small, quaint, etc. Last time I was there, it turned into a swank Yuppieville.....latte stores, restaurants, traffic, by-passes, etc. The state of Oregon has some great natural beauty and great hunting. Hopefully reasonable adults there will get fed up with what's happening and bring Oregon back to it's senses.

28-Jul-20

elkmtngear's embedded Photo
I wouldn't go near Portland right now. We spent last weekend up near Crater Lake, chasing waterfalls, in celebration of our 29th Anniversary. It was pretty chill...no real issues. Beautiful area for sure!

28-Jul-20
I work in NE Portland, and live 25 minutes from work in Happy Valley OR. It is like 2 different worlds. Portland is in Multnomah county, live in clackamas county. Half way to work I start seeing the zombie motorhomes parked all over with tweekers scurrying around. There are tent cities all over the place. Each of the clusters of tents have trash everywhere around them. The city comes in to make them move and clean them up about every other week. The city pays a private company to do all of these constant clean ups of camps. They are full of trash, needles, urine, and feces. As heroin has become so prevalent here the last ten years, I see more and more 20 something year old homeless drug addicts. The people in charge have pretty much turned the city of Portland into a lawless sh&$ hole for the criminals. The Police are very frustrated. Even if they arrest people, the DA declines to prosecute a lot of crimes. If you are a criminal, you can basically do whatever you want with no consequences until you actually kill someone. If you are not a criminal, you have never ending new laws, regulations, and taxes to deal with.

The protest are concentrated in the core downtown area now.

What was once one of the best cities in the country, has been destroyed by an absolute failure by local leadership.

Now for the good things about this area!

Within minutes of my house, there are hiking trails that I see deer, coyotes and other wildlife daily. Where I live right on the border of Portland I see none of the stuff that goes on there.

I live 1.5 hours from the Pacific Ocean to the west. If I head North east 1 hour there is Mount Hood with endless outdoor activities. If I head east one hour I am right in the middle of what used to be one of the best blacktail deer hunting areas. My friends and I have filled lots of deer and bear tags there. 4 to 5 hours from my house are the top 3 elk hunting units in the state. In the last ten years, 3 of my friends and I have all drawn and killed really nice bulls in those areas. Sadly none of us will probably draw again. A couple hours from my house is one of the best archery deer rut hunts, again very hard to draw. In under 8 hours of driving I can be in any number of the spots I like to elk hunt. Every year me and my buddy have at least one chance each at a bull. We hunt hard, and it is not in common for me and him to come home with both our tags punched.

If you stay out of a 10 mile radius of the downtown Portland Sh$& hole, it is still a pretty great place to live

28-Jul-20
I visited once and swore to never go back. I could feel a darkness over that town that I never want to experience again. It has been given over.

28-Jul-20
JL stated it correctly. Californiomas have metastasized into Oregon, Colorado, Montana. Thank God Nebraska has been relatively immune to this point. Sorry to hear they have ruined a once great city.

28-Jul-20

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo

28-Jul-20
And by the way, no offense meant to the many decent folk of California. I know there are many of you out there.

28-Jul-20
Atticus,

I would suggest that Portland has BECOME a "Psychiatric holding facility...!"

Pete

28-Jul-20
Congrats elkmtngear!

There is one upside to all of this. Those of us originally from Cleveland, OH have nothing to feel embarrassed about now!

28-Jul-20
Bowhunt you just described Denver today. This is exactly what is going on there. It's disgusting.

"There are tent cities all over the place. Each of the clusters of tents have trash everywhere around them. The city comes in to make them move and clean them up about every other week. The city pays a private company to do all of these constant clean ups of camps. They are full of trash, needles, urine, and feces. As heroin has become so prevalent here the last ten years, I see more and more 20 something year old homeless drug addicts. The people in charge have pretty much turned the city of Portland into a lawless sh&$ hole for the criminals. The Police are very frustrated. Even if they arrest people, the DA declines to prosecute a lot of crimes. If you are a criminal, you can basically do whatever you want with no consequences until you actually kill someone. If you are not a criminal, you have never ending new laws, regulations, and taxes to deal with. The protest are concentrated in the core downtown area now.

What was once one of the best cities in the country, has been destroyed by an absolute failure by local leadership."

28-Jul-20
naaaw..... just that Seattle Summer of Love sliding down I-5.....

It's what happens when hardworking non-political apathy sits on the sideline thinking the leftists activists are insane but cute and will eventually just go away.... literally communists (please, go check out BLM and ANTIFA manifestos online, all there in black and white so to speak...) attempting to overthrow the government. With their liberal leftist political and media cheerleaders in full pom pom attire lined along what we are told are peaceful protest parade routes (the molotov cocktails are just for ambiance...) All hoping against hope it gets blamed on Trump. Go figure....

28-Jul-20
I wouldn't go to Portland for a vacation if you gave me $5000 and paid for hotel and airfare. Their tourism business is dead and gone. Same for Seattle and San Francisco. A real shame.

28-Jul-20
I am sure some of you watched that dog and pony show the Dems put on earlier today... Nadler was an incoherent babbling Gavel. I am so glad that American's get to witness just how desperate the left has become, to let these people in charge of our cities and let the rioters get away with crimes is treasonous! Do you think this is as far as they go? Think again... this is a coordinated well funded Revolution, we have not yet wanted to face that truth.

28-Jul-20
They reap what they vote for.As long as Federal Tax money isn't used to pay for their policies idgafart about Portland.

28-Jul-20
Portland metro is dangerous at night for several blocks along the waterfront and up the hill for about 15 blocks. Even before the riots, the tent and tarp cities were a blight and I estimate are 2500 tents within 3 miles of City Hall and another 5000 if you consider the tri-county footprint. The tents set up on some grassy area where are some bushes or tree or an overpass and within days there it looks as if a garbage truck overturned. Shopping carts, stolen bicycles parted out, empty food containers, crap, puke, needles, etc. A HazMat zone that will be allowed to fester for a few weeks then they are moved along to the next grassy pad along the freeway or city park or greenbelt.

These are not temporarily down on there luck types. Portland has social outreach for folks that hit a financial bump in the road or want to get sober. The tent city people are addicted and criminal enterprises. There is no desire for those persons to do any thing different next week or month or year but stay high until die. The rains will come starting in September and the tent cities will migrate south like snowbirds so the 1-5 corridor will be in motion. Some hop trains. As mentioned, low risk anyone of these criminals will spend a week or more in lockup. How Covid has not burned like a wildfire through these eyesores is a head scratcher.

28-Jul-20
"What was once one of the best cities in the country, has been destroyed by an absolute failure by local leadership."

Is "local leadership" code for whack-a-doodle liberal Democrats?

28-Jul-20
Escape from Portland... starring Kurt Russell as Snake Plissken. Who do we need to get out of that s—thole?

28-Jul-20
Good movie reference there Rick!

28-Jul-20
I watched the Nadler show today. Martha, from Fox, said she doesn't know why they needed Bill Barr there. They should have just put up a picture of him and yelled at it. They didn't let him answer any questions.

28-Jul-20
Round ‘em up. Ship ‘em to Syria or Iran.

28-Jul-20
Round’em up . Ship’em to Portland.

29-Jul-20
Ha, good one Rick...

29-Jul-20
As the country has been watching the anarchists, arsonists, rioters, thieves for the last month or two....and watching the AG Barr fiasco today.....I'm finally getting a vibe the folks might be starting to "lean" Trump over Biden. I'm seeing a poll or two tighten up and an Ohio one showing Trump ahead. Granted most of the polls and pundits whiffed big time in 2016....but it's just a vibe I'm sensing as I watch current events unfold. If/when the Durham report drops and if/when some indictments are issued for the Obama/Biden folks.....I think that will be be the big catalyst that starts the end of Biden. We also found out today AG Barr stated he has another investigation going on into all the Obama/Biden folks who may have illegally unmasked Flynn. Keep an eye on that investigation....it's not getting alot of press at the moment.

29-Jul-20
Biden?

Whats the over/under on IF there will actually even be a debate or if they will weasel out first..... maybe if Hunter gets it pay per view....

29-Jul-20
I get entertained watching Barr (when he can speak) carve them dummies up... probably why they shout him down like petulant 3rd graders.

You could almost see the twinkle in his eye when he gleefully revealed he started a second investigation into unmasking... that my friends was very telling, look out previous Administration!

29-Jul-20

Treeline's Link
It all ties together.

Fits in the plan.

30-Jul-20

'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo
'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo
They’re a special kind of stupid...

31-Jul-20
Some are blessed/wise. I had to move to Vancouver Wa. (basically a suburb of Portland) in 1992 for employment. I moved there from Yellowstone Park (culture shock). 26 years later I retired and as I'd always claimed, "when the day comes I'm outa here". Sadly my two children became infatuated with that place and don't want to leave. My ex thinks it's paradise... Tough on a loving parent... Life is great now, on 7 timbered acres in the mountains along the Clearwater River Idaho. I pray often that my offspring will "see the light" and get out. They're outdoor/hunting loving kids who perhaps have been too influenced by the mindset of a place like that. Boggles my mind. What concerns me greatly is how smart, capable youth can be so negatively "influenced" through constant social "inbreeding". To you brothers and sisters here in this Bowhunting fraternity, I feel a great presence of "Useful Idiots" in our nation's population. VOTE people VOTE!!!

31-Jul-20
Today the Washington post reported the problems in Portland ceased to exist as soon as the Federal agents withdrew. ?? What say you people of Portland? How far from the truth is this? I’m sure we would all like to hear from real people in the real world in and around the city of Portland.

31-Jul-20
I have a number of buddies who are union workers and not one is voting dem. Their leadership pushes the party line and the rank and file vote common sense. Same in 2016. There is hope.

02-Aug-20
If the unions are truly going to vote against union leadership, there may be hope. People vote their back pocket mostly, a union is no exception. I hope your friends represent the majority of rank and file because that would be a turning point.

• Sitka Gear