Jaquomo 28-Jul-20
Stix 28-Jul-20
Jaquomo 28-Jul-20
Grey Ghost 28-Jul-20
RJ Hunt 30-Jul-20
27-Jul-20

Stix's embedded Photo
Stix's embedded Photo
Fellow trad shooter Bill Bolt here in Colorado makes some really cool knives. He calls them working mans knives that are made to be used and worn on your belt. Not intended for show cases. He made me this one with a handle made from last years buck. What a way to memorialize a hunt!

27-Jul-20

Stix's embedded Photo
Stix's embedded Photo
I really like the cross-draw horizontal leather holster he makes. Sits horizontal on the waistbelt, so no poking in the gut or side when crouching, sitting, or kneeling.

27-Jul-20

Stix's embedded Photo
Stix's embedded Photo
It's laser sharp, and the workmanship is stellar.

27-Jul-20

Stix's embedded Photo
Stix's embedded Photo
A really nice guy too. Always willing to help out a native Coloradoan bow shooter extraordinaire...

27-Jul-20
I tend to prefer the short, curved blades. All purpose, field dressing, skinning, de-boning, and general daily utility. Hold a good edge and easy to sharpen.

27-Jul-20
Beautiful piece! What kind of steel does he use?

28-Jul-20
He made this one with 154cm, per my request but I'm sure he works with a variety. Not sure what his "standard" steel is, or if he even has one. He'll custom make it to your request.

I like 154cm, as it has a good balance or hardness, edge retention, and ease of sharpening. He had no issues filing that request.

28-Jul-20
Looks like a great knife and I really like the blade shape. But who really wears a knife on their belt anymore except for decoration at trad 3-D shoots?

28-Jul-20
I've worn a knive on my belt in one form or another since about age 16, perhaps earlier. It's my standard daily dressing.

I don't consider it out of the ordinary. Most of my ex-coworkers at LM, all of my ol' buds that I served with, and most folks at our range are wearing knives in one form or another.

Dont know if it's falling out of style, but I'd like to see it make a resurgence.

28-Jul-20
Interesting. Ok. I grew up in CO and don't know anyone who has worn a fixed blade knife on their belt regularly since we were Boy Scouts back in the 60's.

28-Jul-20
Nice knife, Stix. It reminds me of a Randall.

Matt

30-Jul-20
Yes. Nice knife. I make a knife here and there and only put belt loops on if requested. Maybe 50% of the time. That said I like that antler handle. Very cool knife sir.

• Sitka Gear