DVS's embedded Photo
DVS's embedded Photo
DVS's embedded Photo
DVS's embedded Photo
DVS's embedded Photo
DVS's embedded Photo
DVS's embedded Photo
DVS's embedded Photo
A rare phenomena found at Dries Visser Safaris, is this a Leopard Kill? It does not happen often that we get to share something as rare as this. A Leopard kill up in the tree is not that uncommon, but a aardwolf hunted by a Leopard and dragged up into the tree is one of those finds that you do not bump into everyday. What do you guys think?

28-Jul-20
I wonder if it would ever be eaten?

28-Jul-20
Why wouldn’t it be eaten?

28-Jul-20
Very cool!

28-Jul-20
That leopard is on "hard times" !

28-Jul-20
ran up there to get away from a pack of Hyenas slipped and got hung up in the crotch.

he got up there to claim the scraps of a leopard kill only to slip and get hung up in crotch as the scraps fell to the ground and the hyenas came by and finished the scraps off.

poachers are messing with ya.......

28-Jul-20
Tracks will tell.

28-Jul-20
I may be wrong but just basing it on my dead coyotes around here. They are never touched. We’ll see if this gets touched. Neat find for sure

28-Jul-20
Very cool, thanks for sharing. I'd like to know the details of exactly what happened.

28-Jul-20
Neat find! Have any of your clients ever harvested an aardwolf?

29-Jul-20
Wild 1, that is exactly how Dries found it in the tree. There where 2 day old leopard tracks and claw marks but the aardwolf was not eaten, just left there it seems. It was like the Leopard was saying: "I don't want you but nothing ells is going to have you either"

29-Jul-20
t-troy, as things are standing at the moment, you are not allowed to hunt aardwolf in the Limpopo region but you are allowed hunting them in the cape region and the Free state region, but not Limpopo.

29-Jul-20
Democrats will classify this as a Covid-19 death....

29-Jul-20
Interesting, thanks!

29-Jul-20
How long has it been since you could take them in the Limpopo? I saw one back in 2010, but wasn't sure if I would have been allowed to shoot it, so passed.

01-Aug-20
I've seen a few in years past but never got close enough to know how they smell. If foul enough maybe even that leopard may have second thoughts.... Especially with so many tasty antelope available on the farm!

• Sitka Gear