KHNC's embedded Photo
Mtn Ops Ingredients 20g protein
KHNC's embedded Photo
Mtn Ops Ingredients 20g protein
KHNC's embedded Photo
Clif Builder Bar
KHNC's embedded Photo
Clif Builder Bar
Anyone have any thoughts on the mtn ops performance bar vs the clif builder bars?

Cost 30.00 plus tax and shipping for Mtn Ops- 10ct 6.97 plus tax locally for Clif builder bars- 6ct I have posted a comparison of ingredients. I dont see the value of the MO bars at triple the cost.

Thoughts?

28-Jul-20
You’re paying for the name brand with mountain ops. I will be happily taking Perfect bars in my meal bags this year.

28-Jul-20
Honey Stinger for me. yum yum!

28-Jul-20
I think you're paying for less sugar..........

28-Jul-20
I’m embarrassed for anybody that buys mountain ops. If you want to pay double, sometimes triple, for the same product you can get at a nutrition store I wonder...

28-Jul-20
I’m embarrassed for anybody that buys mountain ops. If you want to pay double, sometimes triple, for the same product you can get at a nutrition store I wonder...

28-Jul-20
But.. But... All the YouTube hunters use Mtn Ops!!

Bow to the cult!! Haha!

28-Jul-20
Well, you can get 30% off and free shipping, so it’s 2.00 a bar that way. I ordered a box of the peanut butter and caramel to try... mostly because I liked the low sugar content vs. say a snickers bar. Both were pretty good (not like a snickers bar :))

I do lots of bars for hunting, so I’ll take a few at 2.00 a pop. I also bobo bars, as they seem to fill me up pretty good.

28-Jul-20
X2 Ucsdryder. Anyone who starts a brand that targets western hunters, kills their first elk after a few years of owning the business and then cries about it makes you wonder.

28-Jul-20
I havent seen the 30% off and free shipping. That would make it a much better value. Otherwise, i dont plan to pay that much for energy bars, unless i see the benefit somehow.

28-Jul-20
Everything is 30% off on their website now.

Elk 101 and black Ovis also had them at one point 30% off. Hush code for free shipping.

And I’m not a mtn ops guy.... I just ordered these bars at that price a couple weeks ago. First ever buy from them.

28-Jul-20
Purely the brand name and not worth it at all. I think if you eat enough of them you start showing up to trade shows wearing flat bills and rhinestone butt pocket embedded skinny jeans bragging about that 1 Elk under your belt 15 miles from the trailhead and packed it out on your back in one trip.

YES, it's a brand I steer way clear of!

28-Jul-20
My thoughts....Make your own! You can customize them for your nutritional needs as well as satisfying your tastebuds. AND you can cut that big long list of multi syllable words down to about 8 ingredients.

28-Jul-20
Clif blueberry crisp!! Why even try anything else? ;)

28-Jul-20
I went to local GNC today to get some more BCAA and pre-workout. Nothing there was markedly less than Mtn. Ops.

28-Jul-20
x2 on Cliff blueberry crisp!

28-Jul-20

28-Jul-20
The classic triple post 3 hours later!

28-Jul-20
Clif bar Cool Mint! Yum

28-Jul-20
Why does it contain so much glycerin? And who wants to eat collagen?

28-Jul-20
I don’t buy all of their products, but I do use their preworkout and ignite (I’m not a coffee drinker during the work week due to the laxative side effects lol).

It seems in line with other supplement companies but atleast its a pro hunting company. I’m not a meat head flat bill kind of bro, but all things equal I’ll spend my money with them vs a GNC equivalent.

29-Jul-20

Glunt@work's embedded Photo
My preferred bar is lower in protein, higher in sugars, lower in sodium and doesnt have the potassium but I make it up and down the mountain still.

29-Jul-20
What!? You mean there are companies out there marketing and selling to western hunters preying on those poor deluded hunters' dreams of ability and success being touted by their hunting heroes on youtube and the like????? Is it just the bars or does this cancer run deeper.....camo clothing for example. Say it ain't so!!!! Primos is just a scheme to bilk hunters out of money???? OMG who knew?! SO if I buy and eat these bars I will actually finally kill an elk? I'm in.

29-Jul-20
The only way you're gonna kill an elk eating these bars is if you eat one in front of a camera doing a selfie interview, that's when you'll hear that bugle in the distance, it'll give you the energy to go get em.

29-Jul-20
I don’t get it. We once again knock the companies who support a lot of the hunting industry. Then the next thread will be “why do people not support hunting?” I’m not a big nutrition guy, and have never had any of their products, but In my admittedly limited experience I agree with TEmbry that their pricing is pretty inline with other supplement companies and they do a lot it promote/support hunting. I would rather give that kind of company my money than those hippie nutrition bar companies out there!

Maybe you don’t like their logo, or their flat bill hats, or the young guys on the you tube (or whatever), but I see them sponsoring ALOT of shoots and events that I’ve been to. But go on hate away...May as well start a march to protest it.

—Jim

29-Jul-20
X2 Jim.. We are under attack fellas, better circle the wagons now before we dont have any wagons to burn..

29-Jul-20
I'm just making fun, no hate here. I found it amusing. Hell I used to rep some Wilderness Athlete back in the day.......ain't nuttin funnier than a fat guy with no trophy pix pimping WA products!!!! Maybe they need a thin skin product for us.........

Seriously......I come back about this time of year to BS every year and all I want to do is have fun, blow off steam built up by the anticipation of season coming.......I like to come here and rut. Chill and have some fun. Butt heads and tangle our horns.....but don't get all bent. Not with me. This is all just BS. Yes that can be taken many ways and is meant that way. LOL

29-Jul-20
Personally I was just having a little fun on a forum thread, sorry...........Lol not!

I may be wrong but I don't believe anyone said that Mtn Ops was a bad company and it shouldn't be supported. Should people never have a difference of opinion about products of companies that support hunting? Should no one poke fun at companies that support hunting or to poke fun at the concept that you need to indulge a product to go farther and hunt harder?

29-Jul-20
I'll stick with my Hippie Cliff bar. I started eating them while mountain biking because they were so much better than Power Bars. My loyalties lie with my wallet. I'd like to see what percentage of profit that Mtn Ops gives back to hunting.

29-Jul-20

My loyalties lie with my taste buds mostly. Forgot to post a pic of the bar that goes with my nutrition label I posted.

29-Jul-20
^^^The greatest candy bar ever made!!

30-Jul-20
I think you need to eat a Snickers, Jim!

30-Jul-20
Why not just eat 'food'?

30-Jul-20
"Why not just eat 'food'?" Exactly!

40+ ingredients

30-Jul-20
I have never been a big fan of the energy bar. Always to dry, hard to chew, chalky, waxy, you name it....uck. For a quick pick me up I am a big fan of honey stinger chews. I am amazed how quickly they hit and last for me when I am dog tired worn out. I also was surprised to find I like their cherry almond protein bar. The waffles are nice but freaking messy. For each their own.........and they all are awful noisy when trying to have a quiet snack in the woods.

30-Jul-20
duplicate

30-Jul-20
I'd sooner make up a zip-lock bag of gorp, add in some dry cereal if you like.

https://www.kelloggs.com/en_US/products/kellogg-s-mueslix-cereal-product.html

30-Jul-20
Honey Stingers on Camofire today. I never had them before but ordered a box of protein bars and some waffles.

Around here best deal for bars is at Aldi. They have their own brand.

Another fan of the just taking Snickers.

1 year I decided to go all CLif bars. Maybe there was a sale on them I can't remember. After 3 days I coudn't even look at another 1. From then on I go all variety. Different brands and different flavors just to mix it up.

30-Jul-20
Honey Stingers on Camofire today. I never had them before but ordered a box of protein bars and some waffles.

Around here best deal for bars is at Aldi. They have their own brand.

Another fan of the just taking Snickers.

1 year I decided to go all CLif bars. Maybe there was a sale on them I can't remember. After 3 days I coudn't even look at another 1. From then on I go all variety. Different brands and different flavors just to mix it up.

31-Jul-20
I'm with Embry and Treeman. Why not support a company that supports hunting? I don't drink pop and very little coffee, Mtn Ops Ignite is my go to morning drink. Quick and easy. Their BCAA's are great during a workout. I've tried the proteins and meal replacements, not bad but not my favorite. As far as price goes, I find the supplements from them to be right in line with most others. Are they making money on the products they sell to me? I certainly hope so, that's how a capitalist society is supposed to work! Sorry to get off topic, I have not tried their new bars but may have to look into them.

14-Dec-23
Try "Fuzzy meal bars" and you'll never regret it.

14-Dec-23
One of my favorite parts of hunting out of state is that I allow myself to fall off of my normally good eating habits.

My go-to "power bar" is a King Sized Snickers...

My go-to "power nuggets" are Peanut M&Ms...

My go-to-"snack between-snacks" while hunting is an adult sized Oatmeal Cream Pie.

Probably why I gain 5-10 lbs every year between Oct-Nov. But I'm now back on the eat right train.

14-Dec-23
Some days I realize how basic I am. Eating food.

14-Dec-23
So, I have a severe nut and peanut allergy... I can eat the chocolate chip Cliff bars with no issues, but not much else that tastes good. I love honey and bacon samitches!! Natural unfiltered local honey not processed crap with corn syrup in it.

Any suggestions for me? Most stuff seems to have nuts or nut protein in it.

Thanks! Scar.

14-Dec-23
Fuzzy meal bars are ‘da bomb.

15-Dec-23
I need to post the recipe on here again if I can find it

• Sitka Gear