Ramhunter 04-Aug-20
jordanathome 04-Aug-20
PoudreCanyon 04-Aug-20
RT 04-Aug-20
Quinn @work 04-Aug-20
KsRancher 04-Aug-20
jordanathome 04-Aug-20
28-Jul-20
Can someone dumb down what is going to happen? If I sat in front of my computer here in Ohio is there any chance I can get a decent tag?

28-Jul-20
To dumb it down... no, not a good chance.

28-Jul-20
I think you have a better chance at Powerball.

28-Jul-20
Powerball>>>>>>>CO leftover

28-Jul-20
"Leftover"? No. But every year some guys get primo returned licenses. However, this year is a totally new system and nobody really knows how it will work.

29-Jul-20
Has the available permit list been issued?

29-Jul-20

txhunter58's embedded Photo
txhunter58's embedded Photo
No, but hopefully by Saturday

29-Jul-20
I tried last year I think with no luck and I thought that is what I heard (no chance). Every year I talk to guys who got good tags and it gets me thinking.............

29-Jul-20
i saw the re-issue tag list come available today. am i understanding this correctly that we can not purchase until 8/4/20?

29-Jul-20
And at 9:01 the system will either go down or lock up. When it comes back up, that tag you want will be gone.

29-Jul-20
Man... Im glad I already have my Colorado deer license and my Wyo elk license

29-Jul-20
Lou = Truth

29-Jul-20
https://cpw.state.co.us/Documents/Leftover.pdf

You just gotta believe!!! ??

29-Jul-20

29-Jul-20
Not even trying this year. Fool me 4-5 times, shame on you. Fool me 6-7 times, shame on me. I can handle not getting a popular tag that I know I am racing dozens of others to get. I can't take the staring at a page that can't load for half an hour knowing that it did load for someone else. Oddest way to distribute high demand public resources.

02-Aug-20
Good luck guys! Someone will beat the odds and raise a hallelujah.

02-Aug-20
Zero chance of getting a tag on the leftover I’d say. Small chance of getting an amazing tag if you put in for the second draw

02-Aug-20
Thanks!

04-Aug-20
Good luck!

04-Aug-20
Gentleman start your engines!

04-Aug-20
I’m not playing this year. The secondary draw got me some b list tags. There is a tag or 2 I’d be interested in, but not enough to go wait in line and deal with the bs and come home empty handed.

04-Aug-20

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo

04-Aug-20

LUNG$HOT's embedded Photo
LUNG$HOT's embedded Photo
Tried to login and got this. I’m in a “virtual” waiting room. Never seen this in years past. Bull$h!t with a capital B.

04-Aug-20
Forgot about the draw today. Oh well!

04-Aug-20
Agree Lungshot. My little guy is only about 10% across the waiting line since 8:45. Before you could log in, just keep refreshing so you didn't get logged out & then at 9 buy the license. At this rate, anyting good will be gone before I ever get in. Had I known, I would have gotten in hours ago. BS for sure.

04-Aug-20
The little green line at the bottom has gotten a little bigger. I guess that means I’m getting closer. Should be able to login by 10am or so at this rate. Lol

04-Aug-20
Yeah. Had i have known there was a virtual waiting line, i would have logged in at 5 am!

04-Aug-20
Yep. I logged in last night just to go through the process so it was fresh on my head and refreshed this morning after walking my dog and it took me to this.

04-Aug-20
I’m confused. What time did they open the online “line”? My buddy logged in at 8am but didn’t get his turn until 903am. So obviously they opened the line super early?

04-Aug-20
Big swing and a miss!

04-Aug-20
No luck here.

04-Aug-20
I was able to get a tag with very few for the unit I was after. I got in queue at 815am then stayed on the account page til 855am and went to the residency page. The system seemed fast for me. In and out around 3 mins or so.

04-Aug-20
System speed was much improved with the "virtual queue". Only problem was the need to "get in line" long before the opening! But it appeared there were a few decent tags still on the list by the time I got in a few minutes after 9.

04-Aug-20
Same as destroyer350. Everything was fast including my typing skills but the one tag that was available was gone before I got to the end. Oh well at least the system didn't crash and if you were in line by 8:15 you were good on my 3 computers. My buddy got in line at 8:25 and never got in until 9:05.

04-Aug-20
Got my elk tag. There were 14 tags for the unit I was after

04-Aug-20
What time did you get in line rancher?

04-Aug-20
8:46 MT

04-Aug-20
These left over tag are kind of like Covid someone is supposedly getting it but no one knows who?

04-Aug-20
I logged in at 8:35 and there were more than 20 tags left for the unit I was after. No dice...sounds like it was a smoother process than years past though

04-Aug-20
I struck out too.

04-Aug-20
Lesson learned. Will be logging in early next year to wait in line. I was in at 9:01 and tags were already gone. Oh well.

04-Aug-20
Rest assured, Colorado WILL change something to the process for next year just to keep everyone on their toes. They’ve been changing up the process bit by bit for the last few years now. Can’t leave we’ll enough alone.

04-Aug-20
The lesson I learned this year is don’t think your going to draw anything based on last years draw points. Gather the points you need in states and put in for a hunt you can draw for sure and go hunt. I’m gonna b hunting an otc unit for the first time this year as I’ve always had draw tags. No luck on the leftovers this mornin. Hope I don’t regret it

04-Aug-20
So the Que should have trumped all vendors that hadn’t even opened their doors yet? No?

04-Aug-20
Who knows. I just don’t understand how they opened the que before 9am. They really should open the system at 9am. Not some point prior to that. Next year guys will be logging on the day before, refreshing every couple minutes so they’re in the system!

04-Aug-20
My old man ran down to the Murdoch’s at 9 this morning he and 2 guys in front of him all going for the same hunt code with 18 tags and all 3 got them!

04-Aug-20

KsRancher's embedded Photo
KsRancher's embedded Photo
This is the screen I got at 8:46. At 9:00 it let me proceed. I was all done and checked out by 9:03

04-Aug-20
I was in line (accidentally as I went in just to refresh my memory on the steps) at 7:38 am.......left it there and did not proceed until 9am.....and it made me start all over again and log in and what for.....and I finally got to see tags at 9:13 am.........NADA sucka!

Sigh. I like 34....sure.....it will be a fine year........

04-Aug-20
Here's the official scoop from a commission document last August, on how the "Queue-It" application is intended to work:

"Queue-It is designed to kick-in when 1,500 or more customers are accessing cpwshop.com per minute, to keep the system from being overloaded. Once a customer moves from Queue-It to cpwshop.com, they have 30 minutes to complete their transaction or they will be placed back into the queue, if it is active. "

04-Aug-20
Does anyone else find it interesting that KSRancher (no disrespect to you bud, just an observation) that a non-resident can get in line and live in 15 minutes, but residents logged in 45 minutes early and never got into the queue until well after 9:00? Think maybe the CPW realizes that long-distance IP address is worth more to them financially than others?

04-Aug-20

jordanathome's embedded Photo
jordanathome's embedded Photo

04-Aug-20
The 17 tags available for the unit I wanted were gone when I got to the counter at 9:04. Got to the store at 4 AM and was 5th in line.

04-Aug-20
Ramhunter I don't think that is the case.

04-Aug-20
Ramhunter I'm pretty sure the company that handles the license sales is a non-resident too.

04-Aug-20
Disclaimer. This is is the first leftover tag I have been able to get in 5 yrs of trying

04-Aug-20
Seriously, congrats KS.........this is a game CPW put together that we all too willingly play. Over and over again, and every year we get butt hurt. I am happy you are not this time.

• Sitka Gear