LBshooter 03-Jul-21
TD 03-Jul-21
>>>---WW----> 04-Jul-21
SlipShot 21-Jul-21
arlone 24-Jul-21
soccern23ny 24-Jul-21
arlone 25-Jul-21
28-Jul-20
So you non tree stand hunters, how do you sit and take a load off while hunting?

I'm hunting the mountain west(mule deer/elk) mainly below tree line. I have a "Muddy" cushion swivel chair that straps to a tree. Kinda comfy but very bulky.

Best light weight chair out there? Do you even use one?

28-Jul-20
Chama makes a great chair. Expensive. Not the lightest, but a great chair.

28-Jul-20

Bowboy's Link
I have a Helinox chair. I bought mine on sale for less $100. Great like little chair for back packing.

28-Jul-20
If I am hunting in the mountains. I use the ground, maybe a fallen tree, or rock. Lot of other things I’d lug around before a chair.

28-Jul-20
ive got an REI UL pack/camp chair. fits in the scope pocket of my pack. it stays at camp for elk. it goes with me for open country mule deer for long glassing sessions

28-Jul-20
My tree stand has a net seat and I love it. It is a ladder stand.

28-Jul-20
I have a really nice folding chair for my ground blind that I got at Cabellas. It swivels and has huge feet so it doesn't sink in the ground. You wouldn't want to lug it around but it stays in my ground blind since it is on my property behind my house.

29-Jul-20
I have been using the field and stream blind chair. I did modify it in the fact I took out the four screws that hold the top and bottom pieces together I replaced those with 1/4x20 bolts and lock nuts. The chair is quiet and sturdy.

29-Jul-20
A chair is the last thing I want to lug around on a western elk or deer hunt. A fallen tree, rock, or the ground has always worked for me. Chairs stay in camp.

Matt

29-Jul-20
^^^^ This!

29-Jul-20
I hunt off the ground with a Millinium swivel chair. Too heavy to lug around in the mountains but in tandem with a ghillie suit backed into the brush, it is just the ticket for me.

29-Jul-20
Millennium also makes a chair that straps to a tree. It is their standard chair designed to attach to a tree. Fairly light and very comfortable.

30-Jul-20
I have some of the cabelas swivel chairs. They work fine, if you can leave them in a ground blind, as they are heavy to carry around. I also use one piece plastic molded lawn chairs that Home Depot etc sells. They are cheap and dead quiet. But they are cumbersome to carry and don’t swivel.

30-Jul-20
Comfortable chairs are bulky. If it ain't bulky it's probably good for 20 minutes of sitting. And *bleep!!!* those triangular chairs, unless you enjoy the sensation of your intimate anatomy going to sleep.

30-Jul-20

Cheesehead Mike's Link
I have one of these. $15 weighs nothing and all you need out west.

30-Jul-20

Cheesehead Mike's Link

30-Jul-20

Cheesehead Mike's Link
Otherwise I have one of these. Half the price of a Helinox chair and just as good.

30-Jul-20
On a "fly in and drop base camp" type hunt, I will take a Helinox, but no WAY am I packing a chair around with me now matter what it weighs. Actually, I've never even considered packing a chair while hunting.

30-Jul-20
Yeah the only time I brought my Moon Lence chair in was when I got packed in with horses and it stayed at my base camp.

30-Jul-20
lug a chair? hmmmm lets see. Flex Light weighs a pound, fits in scope pocket of pack, cold hard ground in cold months of deer hunting, im taking my chair. I've had it for 5 years so its passed the durability test as well. i really didn't think id like it, but now it goes on every hunt....

30-Jul-20
REI trail stool is perfect for glassin, sittin or nappin. Smaller than my tripod and very light. I'm gonna bring it elk huntin with Forest but he may make me bury it in the woods :)

31-Jul-20
I hunted for years with some type of foam seat. A rock or log, fine. Lately I prefer the bulkier type that is a thick and thin side that fold together and are held in 'chair' style by straps. These are especially comfortable in a canoe or on a boat, or even a hard chair. Wouldn't care to lug it into the wilderness. For that, as said above, a daypack with extra clothes serves, unless it's bitter cold out.

31-Jul-20
Millenium tree seat is very light and comfortable....

31-Jul-20
This is by far the best chair I’ve ever used. Yeah it’s expensive, but super light and very quiet and comfortable. I use it with a small day pack attached to it for quick day hunts. Strap it to my frame pack for longer hunts. To me it’s worth hauling it up and down the Smoky and Blue Ridge Mountains for most of my hunts.

https://waldroppacseat.com/

31-Jul-20
My favorite is Cabela/Bass pro lite tri pod stool. $9.99. Comes in at 2lbs says 17” high. It is Really more like 14” to 15” High since middle section of cloth sags Down. I replace the powder coated steel legs with aluminum legs that I cut longer to give a true sitting height of 18”. Weight of my taller aluminum leg stool is 1lb 11oz. Strap to the side of my exo mountain pack on back country whitetail hunts. Easy to set up in some cover, can set for hours and easily shoot bow off of. Has been very effective. Love hunting off the ground. Also very nice to have at night in camp. It is used year round for bank fishing, ice fishing, turkey hunting out of pop up blind, just about everything.

03-Aug-20

Rock's Link
This is what I am using now and it is very comfortable, best I have found to date. I even sold my Hunt more chairs after I found this one.

03-Aug-20
If it don't recline it ain't a chair, just a fancy man-made stump:)

03-Aug-20
Lawn chair I found in the trash. Works great ! Also with alice type straps mounted makes a great meat pack ;>

05-Aug-20
Don't remember the brand but one of the aluminum pole pack chairs is what I use. Once spent 4 hours sitting in the bog on Anticosti Island. Butt was about an inch off the bog. Very comfortable.

06-Aug-20
Check out walkstool . Believe there in Sweden . I use the 18" model that telescope in to 14". Around a pound in weight. Pretty much carry it in everywhere . Can't do the knees on the ground for long anymore about a hundred bucks and worth it to me,

16-Mar-21
hello

16-Mar-21
I have a couple of the Cabela's "Blackout 360" swivel chairs. They are heavy, 27 pounds I think, but can use a 4 wheeler to haul out and they stay in my blinds. Not made for running and gunning! But very comfortable for long sits. Haven't had them long enough to see how they last. Thought I got a deal on the first one for 79.99 and some time later Cabela's ran them for 59.99. Reg. 99.99. Too old for no back and enjoy the "swivel" ability.

17-Mar-21
I have never seen chairs for such a price like 15$

21-Mar-21
Waldrop Pacseat hands down.

21-Mar-21

Slate's embedded Photo
Slate's embedded Photo

21-Mar-21
Check out a Waldron seat not cheap but man is not versatile Lean it against a tree or use as a chair google it before you buy any other .

03-Jul-21
X10 oldbuck

03-Jul-21
Haven't a clue as to the best......

All I know is the worst hunting chair on the planet is called a "couch"...... my understanding is nobody's ever killed anything from one......

04-Jul-21
A stump , a log, or a big rock works for me. Whatta you want next? A hover board to get you up the mountain!!!!!!!!!!!!

21-Jul-21
chair one helinox in permeant stands. Tethrd Phantom Saddle other wise

24-Jul-21
Last spring hunting turkeys I noticed my chairs from Cabela's that I wrote about in previous post, had developed some "noises" when leaning back or side to side? Not so much when swiveling around. I will have to try them out in the garage soon and see if some vegetable oil will help. Leave them in bear country so don't want any "food" odor, but don't know of any lubricant like WD-40 that is odor free?

24-Jul-21
@arlone...

try some food grade mineral oil maybe? No scent that I know of and is "oily". Sold at grocery or drug stores

25-Jul-21
Thanks "soccern23ny", I'll pick some up and give it a try, hadn't thought about mineral oil.

• Sitka Gear