'Ike' (Phone) 14-Aug-20
808bowhunter 14-Aug-20
JDM 15-Aug-20
808bowhunter 15-Aug-20
JDM 15-Aug-20
huntinelk 27-Aug-20
mountainman 27-Aug-20
29-Jul-20
I just picked up a headline story in ADN. Alaska governor Dunleavy has announced that all incoming nonresident travelers will be required to present proof of a negative C-19 test result taken within 72 hours of arrival. No airport testing will be done. Quarantining is not an option. You simply MUST have a negative test within 72 hours or the state will not allow you to stay. Details on enforcement and procedures are being worked out.

29-Jul-20
Effective 8/11

29-Jul-20

Kevin Dill's Link
https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/2020/07/28/governor-announces-all-nonresidents-will-have-to-arrive-in-alaska-with-negative-covid-19-tests/

29-Jul-20
My parents are there now, they had to test negative before entry. Took the test day before they left and we’re emailed results while they were in Seattle.

29-Jul-20

29-Jul-20
I was up there a few weeks ago. I got the rapid test done before I went. I am hopefully headed up again in about 3 weeks. Will have find somewhere that has the rapid test again.

The part that really sucks about this is that you don't truly know if your trip is going to happen until 2-3 days before you are supposed to leave.

29-Jul-20
Good deal...

29-Jul-20
For those who have been up there with a negative test within the 72 hour window, do you just show them a print out or PDF with your results? Do they scrutinize it much?

29-Jul-20
I called to schedule one for my trip next week and was told by the clinic administering the test they would NOT email my results. Only hard copy (24 hours later) or fax. WTH is the difference between a FaX and an email as far privacy/security. What a PIA...

—Jim

29-Jul-20
When I landed in Fairbanks they just gave it a quick read and gave it back to me. That was it.

29-Jul-20
My son and I are both up here now. I’ve been tested three times in 8 days but I’m trying to get to Nunivak.

If you have your results within 72 hours the process is very simple. Show them the results and fill out their admission document which will generate a barcode that they will scan.

You will then have to test again in state 7-14 days later.

29-Jul-20
Who looks at it, some airport worker? They trained in scrutinizing medical records now? What precautions do THEY take to assure the HIPPA act will be followed in this process?

29-Jul-20
South Farm, you should bring that up to the person you are trying to get along with on the entry process. Keep them on their toes!

29-Jul-20
What are the chances they'll have their sh!t together by September 15th? Thinking about forging the date on a negative test result... just in case. Ed F

29-Jul-20
I'm worried about the 72 hour timeline. Is there anywhere that guarantees results within 72 hours?

I'm flying into Fairbanks on a Saturday afternoon. Means I need to get tested Thursday afternoon at the earliest. If my results aren't in when I take off do I change my flight? If I do that I'll be outside the 72 hour window with my test.

Ed, I like your thinking.

29-Jul-20
Who cares about HIPPA? Do you really care if someone knows you had a negative COVID test?

29-Jul-20
I just got off the phone with my Air Taxi in Fairbanks and they confirmed the same thing.

29-Jul-20
They testing for SARS-CoV-2 or just a Coronavirus...?

29-Jul-20
called to schedule one for my trip next week and was told by the clinic administering the test they would NOT email my results. Only hard copy (24 hours later) or fax. WTH is the difference between a FaX and an email as far privacy/security. What a PIA...

I know my mom and dad had there results emailed to them. This was last Friday, they flew to Alaska from Seattle on Saturday

29-Jul-20
Some of HIPPA has been set aside in this pandemic including Covid results and temperature monitoring.

29-Jul-20
My veterinarian says she can get me tested with a 48 hour turnaround, but I'll have to change my name.....

29-Jul-20
Kevin, will you have to bark like a dog during the test? Bowser Dill sounds good.

29-Jul-20
They are still testing incoming Alaskan Residents at the airport just ending testing everyone coming in. Yeah, my son had a buddy coming up here to do some fishing and he was positive and had to cancel his trip up.

The 72 hour window makes it tricky.

29-Jul-20
From what I read, it's 72 hours from when you begin traveling, which I interpreted as when you board your first flight in the lower 48. My test was >48 hours from I got to AK, but <72, so I cant confirm.

29-Jul-20
What will they do to someone who arrives without a test? Turn them around? Luckily I was able to schedule a rapid test for 2 days before my flight.

31-Jul-20
Just got back from Ketchikan. We had a group of 12 people traveling and all used Vault Health for testing. We all got our results in 24 to 48 hours. Once they received the sample we got our results within about 12 hours via email. The overnight shipping via UPS took longer than the testing. You could show the folks at the airport the email or a printed copy of it. We had no problems.

01-Aug-20
That vault process seems pretty good.

01-Aug-20

01-Aug-20

01-Aug-20
What I read on the Vault Health website is that they are doing saliva testing and I am not sure that meets the Alaska requirement. The reason I say this is that when I talked to them on the phone a few days ago I was told it had to be the test using a swab (PCR or Mulecular test) and I see nothing on the Vault Health site that states that. Although it does state it is testing for SARS-CoV-2 which the Alaska site also states.

Just trying to be sure all my bases are covered before I invest in anything.

01-Aug-20
Dumb. The tests are very inaccurate and you could get it 24-48 hrs before.

01-Aug-20
We go up on the 26th. Hope they get our test results back quickly. I think it is a PITA but I see the reason. Especially up there there with the remote villages that are stepping stones on your way to hunt

02-Aug-20
Well....

If you’re on your way to a multi-thousand dollar hunt up there, does it make sense to gamble it all on a single test result? Does it make better sense to submit at least two or maybe even three tests in that 72 hour window? Then again....what if one test comes back positive and the other(s) return negative?

02-Aug-20
Even though I think I have a solid plan in place to get a result within the 72 hour window I've been thinking about exactly that Kevin. I hate the thought that the entire trip is at the mercy of one single test process. Having two or three tests pending increases the odds of getting at least one back in time. As for what I would do if only one of them showed positive? I guess that would be the end of it. The last place I want to be if I end up sick with Covid is the AK bush. I wouldn't want to get dropped out there just hoping it was a false positive.

02-Aug-20
We just went through it, not a single issue. I over thought it also super easy at the airport.

02-Aug-20
I scheduled a rapid test on Friday before my departure. (Fly out Sunday) Insurance covers this except for $25 out of pocket. I also ordered an at home test My insurance doesn’t covers this one. $119 I’m considering a third one just to be sure. I don’t want to be stuck without options.

04-Aug-20
I had to take a Covid test recently for work. I took the PCR test which is considered more reliable. Be careful with the rapid tests. We were told there is an approx. 40% false positive rate on the rapid tests. If you test false positive and then try to schedule a PCR test, you could run out of time. This virus mess is a PIA.

04-Aug-20
Well, I have a few more months (Nov) for them to get this testing thing down pat...And hopefully a lil less invasive of the nasal passages...Damn!

07-Aug-20

Rut Nut's Link
Just saw this on the news tonight. Apparently the passenger arrived in AK with a negative test result. But was tested at airport and got the Positive result after boarding the vessel. Just wondering why he was tested AGAIN at the airport?

07-Aug-20
Interesting, I just booked for my November hunt...We’ll see!

09-Aug-20
My bud and I fly out in two days for Fairbanks.

I just completed the Walgreen supported rapid response test. Went to the website and found the closest location. Completed the brief survey and got creative on the answers to trigger a virus test. Made the appointment for Sunday at 10 am.

Drive-up test was completed by myself with their guidance. Q-tip up the nose about 2-3 inches. Swirled around for a good tickle in each nostril. Received an email within 60 minutes that I was negative. Too easy and no cost to me (directly).

Completed the home-test Labcorp one last week. Outside the 72 hr period, but that one came back within 24 hrs after the lab received the test via Fedex express. Free too. Charged my insurance company. (hope no bill comes in the mail)

Both tests required an online survey to trigger the test approval. Had to tell them what was needed to get the test.

09-Aug-20
Just wondering why he was tested AGAIN at the airport?

Prob had a fever or was exhibiting symptoms.

09-Aug-20
“The guest is showing no symptoms and no other guests or crew are showing outward symptoms of any kind.”

10-Aug-20
I got my Rapid test done this morning (results Negative), took about 15 minutes once they did the swab. As Russell stated, "Q-tip up the nose about 2-3 inches. Swirled around for a good tickle in each nostril." Not a painful or invasive process but it did tickle.

10-Aug-20
Do it make you sneeze?!? :-)

11-Aug-20
I have my rapid test tomorrow morning. It'll be my 3rd in 2 months.

So tomorrow(Wednesday) I find out if I can fly out to Alaska on Friday. Good times.

11-Aug-20
Where and how does a guy get these rapid tests?

11-Aug-20
I just googled testing sites in my area. Called until I found one that had them and would give me an appointment.

11-Aug-20
Isn't a "rapid" test called an "anitgen" test vs. a PCR test? For some reason I was under the impression that a "rapid" test was not a PCR test. Anyone confirm?

EDIT: I did just read an article that said most rapid tests are still considered PCR.

11-Aug-20
The first "rapid test" I had back in July took about 30 minutes for results. That test detected the nucleic acid from covid-19. The test result read "COVID 19 molecular Negative".

No one batted an eye about it when I showed it to the screeners at the Fairbanks Airport.

12-Aug-20
The Vault Health test is a saliva test and is a PCR test for Covid RNA. It is accepted by the state of Alaska. It is $150. There is a 2% chance of an inconclusive test and many in our group did do more than one test in case one came back inconclusive.

12-Aug-20
Is the 72 hr time from when they Give your result or from when you spit in the tube? We fly out on the 26th and not sure if to take the specimen on Friday pm and then mail it for Monday delivery or Take the test Monday and Mail it for Tuesday.

12-Aug-20
Flew into Fairbank's last night. Their operation to screen every person for resident vs nonresident is very tight. No avoiding it. Dozens of people processing each arriving flight.

Effective 11 Aug, each person must complete the online application and upload the file proving negative swab test. Must be within 72 hrs of departure to AK.

Folks that don't have the test will pay $250 and be tested at the airport.

Paper forms are worthless now.

12-Aug-20
Got my rapid done this morning. negative. So it's off to Alaska for me this Friday.

The 72 hour window- The actual test must have been administered within 72 hrs of you stepping on the first plane of your trip to go to Alaska(assuming that you are flying).

12-Aug-20
"Paper forms are worthless now." I assume you mean only the Mandatory Declaration Form being worthless and not the papers from your Covid testing results. Most only get them 'hard copy'.

12-Aug-20
Yes, I was regarding the declaration form. However when you fill out the form on line you have to upload a file , like PDF of the test results.

12-Aug-20
Russell, I’m leaving Friday and have printed off the declaration form and was going to print my test results. Are you saying they won’t accept that?

12-Aug-20
They do not accept paper forms. I had both in my hand and showed it to the guy and he says I have to do it online now.

12-Aug-20
A HUGE THANK YOU!!!

14-Aug-20
Keep us posted...

14-Aug-20
I just arrived in anchorage. Took test at home and got results in a day and a half. Filled out travel form online and had both ready to go. Took about 1 minute to show both and I was out the door. Headed to sheep country!

15-Aug-20
Did you have to download your test results to the form too or did you show paper?

15-Aug-20
I’m sure paper would work. I had results emailed to me, so I just showed email. Did not download it to form

15-Aug-20
Thanks 808. Good luck, keep dry, aim small - HIT small.

27-Aug-20
Anymore recent experiences with this?

27-Aug-20
I flew into Juneau about 2 weeks ago. I had my negative test paper. Before I flew up I filled out the declaration online, took a picture of my test result and uploaded it.

Once I landed in Juneau, I they had a line for folks that had done the online stuff and a line for folks that had not. My line seemed much faster. I am not sure what the people in the other line had to do. Once I got to the station, they asked me a few questions, looked up my account and verified my neg results. It took about 2 minutes and I was on my way.

• Sitka Gear