elkmtngear 29-Jul-20
wyobullshooter 29-Jul-20
'Ike' (Phone) 29-Jul-20
wyobullshooter 29-Jul-20
Bowbender 29-Jul-20
Shiras42 30-Jul-20
29-Jul-20

'Ike' (Phone)'s Link
Off the Upland sight (Sorry Pat, I chase birds too! ;-)....I already see a uptick in traffic when out scouting, your thoughts?!?

29-Jul-20
My mother goes to Yellowstone 2-3 times a year. She knows the grizzlies names and where they are any given day. She was there 2 weeks ago and said it’s the busiest she’s ever seen it. Lots of people with time on their hands and stimulus cash. I bet OTC hunts could be busier than normal. I could see states that have quarantine restrictions seeing slightly less traffic.

29-Jul-20
Whether it’s at the lakes or the mountains, it’s wall to wall people, tents, rv’s, atv’s, etc...even midweek. It’s been insane with no indication it’s going to let up. There are two RV dealers here in Cheyenne, and Cheyenne isn’t that big. The one dealer said in a 6 week span, he sold 250 units. An ‘uptick’ would be the understatement of the millennium!

29-Jul-20
National and State Parks are being invaded by hordes of masked marauders!

Had to wait 20 minutes on the HIghway, just to get in the entrance to Crater Lake last Weekend. Similar experience at Burney Falls the week before. Most of these folks are going to the touristy spots though, haven't seen much foot traffic off the beaten path.

Could be a silver lining...Citiots are lost, if there aren't large signs telling them exactly where to go, and what to do!

29-Jul-20
On a related note, this was just released by Wyo G&F:

2020 resident buck antelope applications increased 10%, and doe/fawn applications increased11.3%. Coupled with a quota reduction of 10.2%, leftover licenses were reduced by 25.8%.

Resident buck deer applications increased 10.6%, doe/fawn applications increased 20.41%.

Resident elk applications increased 8.3%, cow/calf applications increased 10.3%.

29-Jul-20
Unemployment benefits are doing well...

29-Jul-20
Very true, G. That and the stimulus checks. By next summer, I’m pretty confident the used RV market will be flooded!

29-Jul-20
"Unemployment benefits are doing well..."

Ya think......max UC is something like $980 every two weeks. Add in the extra $600 EVERY week that's over $4,000/month. Doing well indeed!

30-Jul-20
Forget where I heard this. The difference between hikers and hunters is that hunters make their own trail.

Stick to the hunting philosophy and you will see way fewer people.

• Sitka Gear