WapitiBob 29-Jul-20
JTreeman 29-Jul-20
wyobullshooter 29-Jul-20
yooper89 29-Jul-20
yooper89 29-Jul-20
Brotsky 29-Jul-20
Aces11 29-Jul-20
29-Jul-20
Hoping somebody can point me in the right direction. I picked up a Prime CT3 this past winter and a MBG Ascent Verdict 5-pin. I’ve been slammed at work recently and finally got a chance to put it through the chrono. My first 5 shots were as follows: 265, 270, 272, 273 and 263. Each shot with the same arrow. If it were you, what sight tape would you use? Or would you try to find a different chrono to use first? I’ve never used a sliding sight before so this is all new to me. Been shooting recurve the past few years and a fixed sight before that.

29-Jul-20
I don’t use a chrono, ever. Stick a piece of paper on the sight bar, shoot in and mark your 20 and 60. Then use that paper to find the tape that corresponds to your two marks. Leave the sight yardage indicator at your shot in 60 and stick the printed tape to the bar, lined up with your 60. Verify 20/40/60 and go hunt.

29-Jul-20
Exactly as Bob describes. No need for chrono and when I have tried to use one before the tape did not correspond anyway.

—Jim

29-Jul-20
^^^^ That! The fps that are printed on each individual tape is only a guide, and a not very accurate one at that. Sight in a slider just as WB suggests.

29-Jul-20
Thanks guys. I’ll give that a shot.

29-Jul-20
Ohio that’s what I was hearing on Rokslide. I’ll have to try sighting in this way.

29-Jul-20
Year the sticky part off a post it note and stick it on. Make your marks and take it off and compare to tape.

29-Jul-20
I would average them out and put that tape on. Then I would shoot at 70 yards and mark on the tape where your zero is at 70. Then do the same for 80,90, and 100. Then find the piece of tape that matches each distance. You might have to piece together a few. I never had one tape that was exact for each yardage.

• Sitka Gear