BULELK1 04-Jan-21
BULELK1 04-Jan-21
BULELK1 04-Jan-21
BULELK1 04-Jan-21
BULELK1 04-Jan-21
31-Jul-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Well ~~ I didn't see this coming but after my Hauling an e-Bike thread I had some contact interest in selling my e-Bike.

Young local couple came over and checked it out. The dad reads on the Bowsite but hardly ever posts but I know of him.

They didn't want to buy two e-Bikes one for her and the 4 year old to run errands/explore on and one for him to use more so for hunting, ect.

They even brought one of those bicycle kid seats to see if it would work.

So, I pretty much broke even $$$ wise for what I had invested over the last 2-3 years of owning my e-Bike/Rad Wagon Sold with everything for $1,600.00

I kinda knew what I was going to try out next as an almost replacement.

Kinda exciting,

Robb

31-Jul-20

BULELK1's Link
Only had this for a couple days but having some fun learning and going on a trail already

31-Jul-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo

31-Jul-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo

31-Jul-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
I got a bunch of accessories, with my veteran discount, the $1,600.00 from the e-Bike sale I was only $250 out of pocket ($246.33)

Not bad, not bad at all

31-Jul-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Panniers are adjustable, I have them in the 'high' travel position.

I'm doing the 2-/-5 gallon water jugs filled with water, hike today to see how it rides with 85lbs loaded on in.

31-Jul-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo

31-Jul-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
I'll give some follow-up how it handles with a good load on, in the morning after I give it a go.

At least if I 'wreck' with this, I won't blow my ribs out nor crack a helmet again!! haha

Good luck, Robb

31-Jul-20
I want to see video of it in action. I have a non motorized one wheeled game cart. It has handlebars on both ends and I can tell you it’s not for a single user. I think it might be easier to bring your wife Robb. (Let me think about that though)

31-Jul-20
So, it's a motorized wheelbarrow??

31-Jul-20
E-Unicycle.

31-Jul-20
I was hoping an e-pack was like a jet pack.

31-Jul-20
You are one wheel short of a bicycle.

31-Jul-20
Hummm, it is legal to take off road ?

31-Jul-20
Thx for sharing Robb....very interesting. I am afraid all it would mean is I would take stuff I'd otherwise not pack in rather than lighten my pack load. LOL

31-Jul-20
When I first read your thread title, I thought it said helio-pack! Interesting to see how well it works for you, Robb.

31-Jul-20
Yep, keep us posted. I almost bought the nonmotorized version a couple years ago but heard a couple stories about wrecks on rough trails with one person trying to manage the load. Will be interested to see how it works. I expect USFS still considers it a "motorized vehicle" for closed roads even though it's not a "vehicle"?

31-Jul-20
I’m confused. Can you post a video of how it works?

31-Jul-20
Explore his link a bit and there is a video. Guy makes it look like cake going across deadfall. I suspect he was a stout fella. $800 for the non motorized! No thanks. If the motor one works as advertised it could be handy but it seams like the bike has more than one purpose where the pack is a one trick pony.

31-Jul-20
Can you throw this thing in neutral and pull it behind your e-bike after you get the load to the trail?

31-Jul-20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXyj10R7WoE

31-Jul-20
I wonder if I could put a seat on it for me and find someone to be controlling handlebars.

31-Jul-20
You sure them 100's are real right! Kinda weird to get all "old ones". Have fun with the new toy.

31-Jul-20
looks like a great mountain beer hauler.

31-Jul-20
Being single, retired, and well-off allows one the luxury of experimenting with lots of toys...I mean "tools", eh? Lol, I get it!

31-Jul-20
I am also curious if it would be legal on “non motorized” trails. I suspect not

31-Jul-20
Dang,

Shocks,

Pegs,

Lucky!

You ever take it off any sweet jumps?

31-Jul-20
Post a video for us. Looks like a cool tool for us aging hunters!-)

31-Jul-20

Bowboy's Link
It's called a pack wheel(see link). Looks kind of interesting!

31-Jul-20
The thing I wonder about is how easy to get it from a down to up position and then balance a full load while moving. Are there any motorized game carts with 2 wheels?

31-Jul-20
Wow, quite the rig. Looks kinda sweet.

31-Jul-20
The thing I wonder about is how easy to get it from a down to up position and then balance a full load while moving. Are there any motorized game carts with 2 wheels?

31-Jul-20
I don't know man. The guy in the video looks like he's having trouble keeping it under control with basically no weight? Does it have a kickstand, I mean once it's loaded can you stop anywhere and let it just stand?

31-Jul-20
I ran into the inventor of this in the wasatch mountains on an archery elk hunt. Very interesting guy. Kind of reminded me of TBM. Told some funny over the top stories, super passionate and nice guy. He had the non Motorized model at that time. He actually kept it strapped to his pack at all times. Said he didn’t want to walk back to the truck to get it if he killed a bull!

31-Jul-20

ND String Puller's embedded Photo
ND String Puller's embedded Photo
Looks interesting Robb!

31-Jul-20
Robb, I bought one last year and used it on several trips. Didn't know you were interested or I would have introduced you to the owner of the company. I've known him for 25 years.

These really do go in some incredible places. I used it last year to both pack in camp and haul out meat. You will like it. Let me know if you have any questions. I have found a 200 pound load is about my max, but they are rated to carry 250. Just remember, like a bike, it is possible to puncture a tire. You don't need to ask how I know.

For those interested, they are NOT legal in any wilderness area. Most forest service and BLM in the west allows them. National parks, generally not, although their are exceptions.

Bill

31-Jul-20
Back in the day, I as told by the Forest Service that a motorized ‘machine’ is allowed on closed roads.

A motorized ‘vehicle’ is something that carries a person. And they are not allowed.

A motorized game cart is legal, as long as you don’t sit on it.

That’s what was explained to me

31-Jul-20
e-barrow

31-Jul-20
whats the max pack weight on that one wheeled wonder...

31-Jul-20
Interesting. I know they have several kinds of powered wheelbarrows in construction that pretty much kick azz on non-motorized in just about any and every way imaginable, from weight to speed to even safety. When you can concentrate your efforts on simple control rather than propulsion and control, it gives folks MUCH more control....

The saddle bags would lend to a much better center of gravity than most any of the "carts" I've seen. Let us know how it shakes out. Pretty cool really.

31-Jul-20
Assume it has a solid disc braking system. Hydraulic?

01-Aug-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
'morning Fella's,

I've got years and years of a Single Wheel mule cart, so the single wheel e-Pack is no biggy for me and with the lil e-power is nice.

01-Aug-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Ya just lean it forward on the front bar and it just sit's there, granted this pic isn't on some rocky rough trail but ya get the jist------>

01-Aug-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
It's an easy hand squeeze bicycle type brake and works just fine.

Thanks for the heads-up Bill, so far, so good.

Don't know about old $100 bills ?? The GF did rub 'em all over her self though......

I add that Flat Attack to the tire and then just re-fill with air.

01-Aug-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
I did get the Tire Chains as they come in a Pair-Pack. 27.5 x 3.80 size but I'm sure they would fit other reasonable size tires.
BULELK1's embedded Photo
I did get the Tire Chains as they come in a Pair-Pack. 27.5 x 3.80 size but I'm sure they would fit other reasonable size tires.
I've actually toyed with the idea of implementing the Mule Cart to attach to the e-Pack for Mega pack out ability.

Great Plan/Bad Idea-------->

Disaster to happen No Doubt!!

01-Aug-20
I got the 6 gallon water jugs filled and ready to load but it was in the mid-90's already so I put it off till maybe today.

I thought they held 5 gallons but it's 6 so that puts me over 100lbs of dead water weight for my test run.

Good luck, Robb

01-Aug-20
No offense intended to Bulelk1, but that contraption looks like an accident waiting to happen to me. The guy in the video rolling over deadfall is obviously fairly strong and agile. If I attempted that maneuver, I'd probably break the machine, and a leg. We also don't know how much weight he had on it. Something tells me it wasn't 100-plus pounds of elk meat.

I hope it works out, but I think I'll stick with my backpack.

Matt

01-Aug-20
I have 2 one wheel carts, Carry-all buddy and Hunt-eeze. Both have worked well for me where 2-wheel carts useless. Hunt-eeze is a one person good for up to about 60lb. Carry-all buddy will handle a 200lb whitetail easy with 2 people. I like the carry-all buddy for loads of 50-70lb to use myself out west. I expect Pack-Wheel will work great on most terrain except boulders, muck, blowdowns etc. One-wheeled carts put 2-wheelers to shame

01-Aug-20
I ran into the inventor of this in the wasatch mountains on an archery elk hunt. Very interesting guy. Kind of reminded me of TBM. Told some funny over the top stories, super passionate and nice guy. He had the non Motorized model at that time. He actually kept it strapped to his pack at all times. Said he didn’t want to walk back to the truck to get it if he killed a bull!

01-Aug-20
I killed an elk in Idaho 3 miles down a closed road. Packed one 1/4 out to the truck, drove to town and bought a $40 wheel barrow. Best $40 I ever spent. One wheel retrieval gets a thumbs up from me.

02-Aug-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
Here is a better view of it free standing without the cover on it
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Here is a better view of it free standing without the cover on it
'morning,

Thanks for your input and thoughts

02-Aug-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Nice handle for lifting up instead of putting so much pressure on the handle by lifting.

02-Aug-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
I did get a chance to see how it handled with 100 lbs of water weight

I didn't go up on the mountain but just around the block going over curb/gutter and down over basement dirt piles @ a new house build.

It did great but not much of a challenge. It was very balanced as far as handling.

02-Aug-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
the 100lbs didn't affect the tire at all.
BULELK1's embedded Photo
the 100lbs didn't affect the tire at all.

02-Aug-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
I went to put in the Flat Attack and I had never worked with a valve stem like this before. You Tube time!
BULELK1's embedded Photo
I went to put in the Flat Attack and I had never worked with a valve stem like this before. You Tube time!

02-Aug-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
When I texted this pic out, I did get a few RIP--Robb responses
BULELK1's embedded Photo
When I texted this pic out, I did get a few RIP--Robb responses
I did put the Mule Cart on to the e-Pack, just with some ties and it wasn't very secure, of course, but it did fine.

I would need a Walmart parking lot if I ever needed to turn it around and go a different direction though!! haha

02-Aug-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
It is pretty sleek and steamline though.
BULELK1's embedded Photo
It is pretty sleek and steamline though.
I'll get you guys that reached out for the measurements of the Mule Cart and tire size some time today if I get a chance.

I'm in the middle of my kitchen remodel and I finally got the cabinet guys over to do some removal and I'm taping/mudding/painting those area's that will have no cabinets in the new configuration Soooooo I'm busy as heck, which is Great.

I'll keep updates as I do more stuff with the e-Pack and have the GF go with me and take a few pix as I use it on obstacles with the water weights.

Good luck, Robb

10-Aug-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
The e-Pack rack fits perfect in each of the bike rack channels
BULELK1's embedded Photo
The e-Pack rack fits perfect in each of the bike rack channels
Follow-up-------->

After loading/unloading from the back of my truck, I decided to just get a bike rack!!

Under $100 via my A-Prime acct. Ya know me, Nice vs Need/Need vs Nice so I'm kool with it as I went double bike rack as it's rated @ 85lbs capacity, plenty for my 31 lb's e-Pack.

10-Aug-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
Using the double bike rack's on each side of the e-Pack top rack makes for a tight and secure ride.
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Using the double bike rack's on each side of the e-Pack top rack makes for a tight and secure ride.

10-Aug-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
The only Option I wanted was the ability to fold it down, while loaded, so I could access the back of my truck.
BULELK1's embedded Photo
The only Option I wanted was the ability to fold it down, while loaded, so I could access the back of my truck.

10-Aug-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
Fit's nice and somewhat protected from rocks/dust ect. while I travel 'Loaded' to the Mnt.
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Fit's nice and somewhat protected from rocks/dust ect. while I travel 'Loaded' to the Mnt.

10-Aug-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
Not very much flapping in the wind with the protective cover on, doing up to 70 mph on I-15
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Not very much flapping in the wind with the protective cover on, doing up to 70 mph on I-15
I'll have On the Mountain pix to follow.

If I'm not careful going up and over stuff with the throttle assist-------> with 100lbs of dead water weight, I might need to get an InReach!! haha

Good luck, Robb

10-Aug-20
Hope it works for you! I can’t imagine trading from two wheels to one but that’s the beauty of a free country - whatever floats your boat!

10-Aug-20
Robb, you keep things interesting! And I get to see the latest gear that's out there.

10-Aug-20
Great write up so far, Robb. Keep it coming! (On the e-pack, not the taping and mudding;-)

10-Aug-20
Based on llamapackers post, I think you made a good choice, Robb. I'm super interested! Keep us updated.

10-Aug-20
That's really cool. You da man Robb - for sure.

11-Aug-20
Hey Thanks!

I'm running late this morning dang it!

Good luck, Robb

11-Aug-20
Can a solar charger be hooked up to it? I wonder what Fred Bear would think about it?

11-Aug-20
Rambo makes a solar charger for their bikes. I'm using a portable solar charging station for my camper battery, and plan to try to wire in a charging adapter for my bike.

12-Aug-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
I've been axed what I mean by Dual Bike Rack,; it holds two bikes Normally
BULELK1's embedded Photo
I've been axed what I mean by Dual Bike Rack,; it holds two bikes Normally
I don't know if they offer any type of Solar Charger, I'm more of a buy a Spare battery type guy as those Solar e chargers seem to be pricey!

Maybe call Justin as he would certainly know more about it than I do; 801-935-4764, the Owner

Good luck, Robb

12-Aug-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo

12-Aug-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
I'm getting more and more confident with handling this e-Pack on the mountain trails

12-Aug-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
I want to stay Legal and on the trail so finding some down tree's need to be along the trail
BULELK1's embedded Photo
I want to stay Legal and on the trail so finding some down tree's need to be along the trail
Practicing/learning how it goes 'Over' down tree's or bigger rocks with the 100lbs of dead water weight has been a pinch nerve wracking as it all happens fast with just a lil' bit of e-assitt throttle!!

12-Aug-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
Works well with just a lil' muscling the handle bars as it goes up and over! Whew ~~ haha Not going over any down trees with an Elk head loaded on ,the antlers would get me no Doubt on the landing
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Works well with just a lil' muscling the handle bars as it goes up and over! Whew ~~ haha Not going over any down trees with an Elk head loaded on ,the antlers would get me no Doubt on the landing

12-Aug-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
Taking a Break is simple, just turn the e-Pack in a direction of stability and lay it forward on the flat bar. Nice hiking area up around Snowbasin Ski Resort
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Taking a Break is simple, just turn the e-Pack in a direction of stability and lay it forward on the flat bar. Nice hiking area up around Snowbasin Ski Resort

12-Aug-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
Unloading then loading everything back into the truck is a easy-peasy.
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Unloading then loading everything back into the truck is a easy-peasy.

12-Aug-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
1 item I did add to my set-up is a ratchet wrench 15/16 size as the anti-sway insert has a threaded bolt that is tough to reach and a normal wrench takes forever!

I thought about a normal ratchet but over $35 bucks and the ratchet wrench $15....

12-Aug-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo

12-Aug-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Well, that wraps it up for now---------->

With any good fortune, I will be using it this weekend on a Velvet Bow Bull here in my home state LE hunt.

Going to be kissing 100 degree's for hell sakes but what can ya do!

Good luck, Robb

18-Aug-20

llamapacker's embedded Photo
llamapacker's embedded Photo
I managed to take a cow on opening day in Utah. About 1.5-2.0 miles back in, and shot about 6:30 in the evening at 51 yards. Double lung, and she hopped about 20 yards before doing the wobble and tipping over. I quartered and bagged the meat, hung in the woods, and took the backstraps out with me in my day pack. I returned the next morning with my pack wheel, and loaded all four quarters for the trip out. Pretty straight forward and I was back at the truck in less than an hour after leaving the kill site. It handled the load just fine, and made an easy pack out. Let's see if I can load the picture correctly.... Bill

18-Aug-20
Awesome, Bill!

18-Aug-20
Congrats on the cow!

18-Aug-20
Hey Robb, be interesting to put a go-pro or something on the handle bars and take it for a walk over and around "stuff", be fun to watch. Bob

19-Aug-20
Good for you Bill------->

No bone off the meat just quarters and go, I like it.

Bob--I never thought about getting a Go-Pro and doing that.....not a bad idea at all.

Good luck, Robb

19-Aug-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
The forest fire smoke was terrible even @ 0630
BULELK1's embedded Photo
The forest fire smoke was terrible even @ 0630
I just got home from a week on my Utah LE hunt.

On the 14th (15th was the Opener) I took out the Big Glass as I know of 2 real good places to the south of my unit and BARETOP Mnt. to get a look see onto that side of the Mnt.

19-Aug-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
Although the Heat Wave's where so bad by 0800, I did see some Motivating Bulls!
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Although the Heat Wave's where so bad by 0800, I did see some Motivating Bulls!
I saw enough good size Bulls from these distances that I changed plans to actually take the ePack in with me for the Opening morning.

With the day temps kissing 100, I just felt I wanted to get the meat off the mountain or buried in the thick trees as far down the mountain as I could by dark if I did put an arrow in a big bull.

Then finish up getting him off the mountain the next morning, if I was fortunate enough.

19-Aug-20
Good luck Robb.

29-Dec-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
A quickie follow-up

I did find a 5 watt trickle Solar panel that works perfect on keeping the battery Full

29-Dec-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
It has a bunch of application optional plug's ect and when the red light is on it's charging

29-Dec-20
I did purchase a 25ft extra length that also came with some optional plugs ect

This is what my plug into the battery looks like, just like the plug on the official battery charger and exactly like the plug head on my previous e Bike.

29-Dec-20
It worked out just fine on a couple of Pack outs this past fall hunting

Good luck, Robb

29-Dec-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo

29-Dec-20
It looks like a back saver, are you able to go thru brush and around tight spots where logs are down. Steering around the logs, or even over small logs. I can imagine with 2 people you could get through quite a bit. One person helping to stabilize in Harry spots

30-Dec-20
It goes just about any place I felt safe taking it down/up game trails or actual trails, being Solo on recovery.

The name brand of the Solar panel is the Sunforce 50022, under $50 via A-Prime.

I'm putting the Tire Chain on this week for going on some Remote Yote hunts in 2021.

Talk later

Good luck, Robb

30-Dec-20
Pretty nifty I’d say

30-Dec-20
Robb, with all your innovations you better make sure that your patents are up to date before you go on Sharktank. Looks like you are having fun.....Bob

31-Dec-20
HaHa!

I do like to explore new options and add on different stuff.

Depending on how deep the snow is on my Remote Yote hunts, I may or may not need the tire chain, although I bought it so I'm going to use it!

Good luck, Robb

PS~~ I've got my Polaris RZR2 hooked up to the same style Solar charger thru out the winter for plowing snow and it is very nice to have it always start up no matter how dang cold it is night or day.

01-Jan-21
Does it come with some baseball cards and clothes pins to put on the spokes?

04-Jan-21

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
This is the Brand of the Fat Tire Chain I'm using.

Good luck, Robb

04-Jan-21

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
It works on many sizes of tires

04-Jan-21

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
My e~pack size is

04-Jan-21

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
You all with the actual full e~Bike would have a breeze installing on the Front tire, the back tire is a pinch more tasking if ya leave the wheel on the bike

My e~Pack has the whole protective/pannier side racks so it took a bit a a challenge---->

04-Jan-21

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
With our aggressive/knobby style tires it took some specific chain moving over the knobs to get one side semi screwed together

04-Jan-21

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Having the slack of the chain easier to gather with the tightener's on the down side made it kinda tough with my big ole hands to get in there and tighten it up really good.

I would just spin it a few times and tighten both sides up to get rid of any 'slack' and repeat.

It was snowing pretty hard outside so I didn't want to get wet and get it wet as I wanted to keep it dry as I adjusted it, maybe today out in the snow

04-Jan-21

BULELK1's Link
See my link above for a 1-minute video of this Fat Tire Chain.

I'm getting excited to put all my Yote hunting chit in the panniers from my BossHogg call to blind with white/gray mesh cover and chair ect/35-ish lbs and going snowshoe remote hunting mid-January.

I even picked up a Bobcat permit before they sold out.

Stay safe and Healthy All,

Robb

• Sitka Gear