Bowfreak 10-Oct-20
Bob H in NH 10-Oct-20
Bowfreak 10-Oct-20
GF 10-Oct-20
Bentstick54 10-Oct-20
greenmountain 21-Oct-20
Bentstick54 21-Oct-20
31-Jul-20
I recently gained permission to hunt a new spot. The land owner said he also hunts there so I would not have exclusive use. I was happy with that arrangement. There is one other bow hunter who has permission. He asked me to call him. I did. We plan to walk the property soon. Our plan is to hunt in a way that we don't hinder each other. He even offered me the use of his stands if he tags out early. I don't think I would but the offer felt good. Respect and communication go a long way.

31-Jul-20
Let us know how it works out! I've had two such situations, one for elk and one for deer. In both cases the other guys who had permission screwed me over repeatedly after we discussed strategies and where we would hunt so as not to interfere with each other. I didn't say anything to the landowner but had a "talk" with the guys. Didnt do much good.

In the elk spot, it was two game wardens, one of whom chain smoked. I gave them a very stern lecture about ethics, setting examples, how they lied to me after I was honest with them. They were pretty sheepish and stayed away after that.

31-Jul-20
I have shared the woods with this guy before. We never knew we were hunting the same woods until we met up after dark. I have a good feeling about this particular situation. I will let you know if things go bad.

31-Jul-20
Might come in handy later for tracking or dragging help too if the situation requires it.

31-Jul-20
Your situation sounds positive. You’ll know for sure after quantity & quality of kills how the feeling run between you two.

Been there- done that. Jealousy can be a great divider.

10-Oct-20
Hello Guys: Four days into season I got a message from the other guy. The deer were not traveling where we hoped they would. He said that He has moved a quarter mile up the ridge and to feel free to use his stand. I didn't but the communication is nice.

10-Oct-20
Great situation. Sounds like a guy all of us would like to hunt with.

10-Oct-20
Sounds like the exception to the rule, greenmountain. Glad to hear it’s working out for you both, so far!

10-Oct-20
Several years ago I found a wallow with a stand and trail camera on it. Public land about 2 miles from the truck (now probably 3-4 because of road closures). I put my card in the camera and let him know I was hunting the area as well and to give me a call so we don't screw each other over. He did and we never crossed paths.

10-Oct-20
Ben,

It seems like it worked out for you but I would have just found another spot. I sure as heck wouldn't have put my own sd card in another guy's camera?

10-Oct-20
I assume he put a business card in with contact info

10-Oct-20
Lol! Ok that makes sense. Sorry Ben I misunderstood.

10-Oct-20
Depends what is on your SD card. You send that guy home with the right pics and he’ll be far too busy dealing with his wife’s lawyers to worry about anything hunting-related, other than maybe just keeping his gear in his own possession.....

(FWIW, that was my initial interpretation until he mentioned the guy giving him a call, but I figured that was too easy to pass up the chance to have a little fun ;) )

10-Oct-20
I had a spot like that, that I shared with 2 other guys . They were both buddies and I was the newcomer. Landowner let them know he gave me permission, but I was to call them before going out so we could co-ordinate who would hunt where to be safe. We all hunted the same place for over 20 years together with no issues. Maybe it was a rare occurrence, but with good communication and the right people, it is definitely possible.

21-Oct-20
Monday ended my sharing the spot with the other guy. He wounded a doe on Sunday just before dark. He found blood and came back after dark. He searched most of the day Monday . I got a message from him saying he is done hunting for the archery season. The situation ended with us being on good terms.

21-Oct-20
To bad he lost the doe, but it’s great that he let you know. Good to hear that you both got along.

• Sitka Gear