Grubby 02-Aug-20
Trophyhill 02-Aug-20
MathewsMan 02-Aug-20
Jaquomo 02-Aug-20
'Ike' (Phone) 03-Aug-20
Grubby 03-Aug-20
MichaelArnette 03-Aug-20
01-Aug-20
Getting set to go mule deer hunting sept 1. Covid changed a lot of my plans for spring and summer and I find myself sitting on a lot of vacation time. If you were in this position would you get out there early and spend some time scouting preseason? Or Wait until opener so you could have your Bow in your hand?

01-Aug-20
Where and how are you planning on hunting

01-Aug-20
If you got the time and won't cut into the days hunting why not scout. But if you could add the scouting days to hunting time do that.

01-Aug-20
I would come out a few days earlier than the opener and find some nice bucks then make a move on them on the opener if possible.

01-Aug-20
Once muleys shed their velvet they are an entirely different animal!

01-Aug-20
Depends o. How long you can be away from your job. Three weeks at once is a long span, so if you can do that plus a week now I would think of that. Nothing like being on the ground, mabe a fishing in there also.

01-Aug-20
Go a few days early and get a target for the opener

01-Aug-20
What Bowboy and MathewsMan said is what I would do. I have been more successful on scouted mule deer hunts (than nonscouted) when I've had the chance to do so especially when not familiar with the area. Covid seems to be affecting a lot of plans. Good luck........Badbull

02-Aug-20
I’m headed to do the same myself a week from now.

Caribou, sheep and wolf opens here on August 10th, I’ll probably see a huge moose because that doesn’t open until September.

02-Aug-20
My thoughts are to get out a day or 2 before opener, set up camp.... hopefully find a few deer I want to chase. I’m pretty familiar with the area. I’m thinking 7 days hunting. If I’m not successful I’ll return for a 5 day or so trip later in the fall.

02-Aug-20
scout for sure. a few yrars ago i had the whole month of December off. i loaded up my camper and spent 21 days scouting. i hiked alot and glassed, and i glassed from the truck. come January for my hunt, i knew where every deer in the area was, and what they were doing, and when they were doing it. advantage hunter ;)

02-Aug-20
I’m headed to do the same myself a week from now.

Caribou, sheep and wolf opens here on August 10th, I’ll probably see a huge moose because that doesn’t open until September.

02-Aug-20
Assuming Colorado or Wyoming high country I'd get here a week before the season, find a big buck, camp on him, and try to kill him in the first couple days.

Later in the season you'll be hunting hard-antlered bucks in the timber, which are difficult to find.

If you're hunting low sagebrush country then it's a different game and timing doesn't matter as much. Use your vacation time to spot and hunt then.

03-Aug-20
As said a few days early always helps, at least for me...

03-Aug-20
This will be sagebrush, badlands type . As of right now.... 2 days early.... check out some new area and find out which areas hold the most deer. Then it will be spot and scare for the rest of however long I stay .

03-Aug-20
For mule deer I’d scout, if it was elk or whitetails I’m after I’d hunt

• Sitka Gear