Zbone 21-Nov-22
Zbone 21-Nov-22
DanaC 22-Nov-22
fuzzy 22-Nov-22
Catscratch 22-Nov-22
02-Aug-20

kadbow's embedded Photo
kadbow's embedded Photo
It was a wet year and hemp took over what is an ok clover plot in progress. I live several hours from the property so don’t get out there often during the summer. I am open to ideas.

02-Aug-20
CBD oil, perhaps?

;-)

Matt

02-Aug-20
Spray with Roundup, then burn it off in a couple of weeks............Be sure and bring plenty of snacks ;-)

Back in the late 70s, my dad had a 20’ x 40’ building moved from a neighbor’s property to our farm a 1/4 mile away. While we were cleaning it up in preparation for the move, we discovered about 15-20 old screen doors up in the loft area, elevated and covered with good old Iowa “ditchweed” drying. We piled it all up and burned it. A reformed stoner who worked for my dad said about the the only thing that the ditchweed would give you was a good headache!

02-Aug-20
call the drug interdiction task force they will swoop in there take a few photo ops and commence getting rid of it they will feel they did outstanding job, and you will have a cleaned area win-win.

Don't know if they really would but they did for a time when the war on drugs was doing aerial searches for growers and they discovered these huge 20-40 acre patches of hemp in swampy areas of Wi. they was just besides themselves on discovering these huge grow operations. how many days they sat monitoring the area and nobody never did show up. they eventually were updated by some old-timers that said it was left over from the turn of century hemp growing for rope making and other uses. and it in the hemp family of plants but not much for the drug trade. the areas were to wet to commercially grow anything else so it was just left all those years.

02-Aug-20
advertise at your next local riot/looting session. it may even stop a riot. the only looting would be your food plot ;)

02-Aug-20

butcherboy's embedded Photo
butcherboy's embedded Photo
You could turn it into this. Across the street from my house. Lol

02-Aug-20
For those who don't know, marijuana and hemp are of the same species, but hemp is defined as having less than 0.3% THC in it. So, hemp will not get you high.

Hemp has historically been commercially grown and used for an assortment of products including rope, canvass sails and wagon coverings, paper and clothes. Our Constitution was written on hemp paper. It also has a lot of environmental benefits. It can absorb toxic metals and chemicals better than any other plant. Scientist planted it at Chernobyl to help clean up that mess.

It's also very good for soils. The leaves and stems are loaded with nutrients, so it can be tilled back into the ground to rejuvenate the soil. If this were my field, I'd mow it down and disc it back into the ground. Next year's food plot should be outstanding.

Matt

02-Aug-20

kadbow's embedded Photo
kadbow's embedded Photo
It is mowed, thinking mowing more frequently maybe my best bet.

02-Aug-20
Deer love hemp. It's full of nutrients. Maybe even better than clover.

02-Aug-20
Had I pile of it on my parents farm 20+ years ago. Frequent mowing has reduced it to a few scattard plants now.

02-Aug-20
The deer hadn’t touched it. There were no beds in it. Within hours of mowing there were deer back in the field.

02-Aug-20
The quail love it.

02-Aug-20
I remember quail hunting near Manhattan a Kansas when I was in college. Some of the places I hunted were loaded with hemp plants. I was told it was grown foe rope production many years ago for nearby Ft Riley. As far as killing it, I agree with one of the above posts, round up, and burn it several weeks later.

03-Aug-20
Might be low in THC, but bet if ya smoked enough of it, you'd be high...8^)

03-Aug-20
Might be low in THC, but bet if ya smoked enough of it, you'd be high...8^)

Not likely. At best , it may give you a headache. A field of hemp like the OP's probably would even bud out into anything that was smokable. It would bloom into seeds. You don't smoke the seeds, leaves or stems.

Matt

04-Aug-20
The bowhunting is awesome...... but what I really love about the bowsite is it's educational value..... =D

04-Aug-20
Well you live in Colorado, that should be an easy solution..plenty of dispensaries in downtown Denver. You could 'give it away'..... lol!

04-Aug-20
Funny story, first time in Kansas came acrossed a small field of what I assumed was someone's pot plants. Looked good, smelled skunky so I took a bud. Dried and smoked it, the above post is right, got a good headache is all. Than I googled it and found it is all over Kansas and Iowa. Shawn

04-Aug-20
Us Kansans would expect no less from a New Yarker, we don't do that sh--.

04-Aug-20
Shawn no wonder you see so many big deer in Kansas. LOL

04-Aug-20
Shawn... the genus name for it is: Iowana migrainicus roadsideicus.

04-Aug-20
Worked at Fort Riley Kansas on base for awhile . Hemp is ever where there. was planted for rope way back .

04-Aug-20
Shawn. I got a good laugh out if that. Yep, that stuff is everywhere here.

04-Aug-20
Well heck you can get a headache from smoking corn silk...8^)

05-Aug-20
Use to spot the real stuff from the air. It stands out when you get the right angle on it. It has a unique color compared to the surrounding vegetation.

08-Aug-20
If the CBD oil by https://berkshirecbd.com/ works for you I wanted you to know how you could easily make your own that is much stronger.

08-Aug-20
I got rid of a few pounds of hemp in the 60's and early 70's. Seems like it went up in smoke.

08-Aug-20
Shawn, my question for you is did you get "cotton mouth" or the "munchie's"? Just sayn;0)

21-Nov-22
Getting rid of unwanted plantings isn`t difficult. Gently dig up the plants with the root and throw them away, but make sure that exactly all the roots are removed, otherwise its remains will start sprouting again. The second option is to use some powerful pesticides, just coat a particular plant and it`ll die. Before you destroy it, you can try to make something out of it, like oil, without overpaying for it. The very first cannabis oil I tried was Oklahoma medical cannabis dispensaries, and I suppose if I had the ability to grow it, I mean have a garden plot for it, I`d do that. You can also make great meals with cannabis oil.

21-Nov-22
Bowstring material.

21-Nov-22
Does anybody else remember that song?

21-Nov-22
I experienced what Huntcell mentioned above. I was quail hunting near Ft Riley in Ks, back in the 70s. I found huge patches of hemp, growing wild. I assumed that it was someone’s “weed patch.” I was informed that it was volunteer hemp growing from plants/seeds when hemp was grown in the area for rope making for Ft Riley pre and during WWI.

21-Nov-22
I know a guy who went to prison for hauling a load of ditchweed he intended to use to rip off a pot "buyer" in another state. It had enough THC content that he qualified as a drug courier. He thought it ironic that he got busted for something that really wouldn't get anyone high...

21-Nov-22
Corax_latrans - "Wildwood flower grew wild on the farm and we never knowd what is was called"...8^)))

21-Nov-22
Ray Stevens

22-Nov-22
Originally don by Don Bowman in 1964, made more famous by Jim Stafford in 1974 (the version most of us old folks remember ;-) )

22-Nov-22
Since your soil is obviously well suited for the genus, why not introduce one of the more marketable varities?

22-Nov-22
Wild hemp and Sunhemp (the one deer like) are two completely different things. Might be able to out compete your hemp but I doubt it. If you want to maintain your clover plot but get rid of the hemp I would try a weed wick for your tractor. You can buy one or make one pretty easily. Fill it with gly and and drive through. Set it high enough to wipe the hemp but leave your clover alone. Should be easy and relatively cheap.

• Sitka Gear