Scar Finga 12-Aug-20
Whocares 12-Aug-20
bigeasygator 13-Aug-20
02-Aug-20
Show your side arm holsters pics?? Thanks

02-Aug-20

Ucsdryder's embedded Photo
I like it tight to my body and out of the way. Mounting it on the pack really distributes the weight.

02-Aug-20
Ucsdryder what model holster is that ? Thanks Leo

02-Aug-20

It’s a serpa with the pals adapter. Best thing I ever found was that adapter! Glock 29 with aftermarket extend/ported barrel. The barrel handles the super heavy hard cast loads and the ports cut down on muzzle flip. All in a small package.

03-Aug-20
Also interested in where to put sidearm. Just got a 40 S&W and want to take with me bowhunting elk. Just have the gun now and looking for a holster or a case to put in pack. Any suggestions?

03-Aug-20

jdee's embedded Photo
jdee's embedded Photo
I had this holster made. I want it on me not in or on my pack had the strap put on so it can’t slip out when crawling around in rough country. S&W 9mm

03-Aug-20
I don't have a picture, but I just purchased and just used the Razco holster that attaches to my FHF bino-harness. It worked great. I live in Montana and there are more and more grizzly bears expanding their range. I carry both pepper spray and a now a .45 ACP 1911.

03-Aug-20

Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Holster for the "feel good" S&W M&P titanium .357 that weighs 12.5 oz.

03-Aug-20

Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Holster for the only self defense item that really matters in the non-grizzly elk woods

08-Aug-20

elkocd's embedded Photo
elkocd's embedded Photo

08-Aug-20
Yeah those bino harness holsters look floppy.

08-Aug-20
Mule Power,

Not if you use them correctly! I have three of them!

08-Aug-20
Dumb question, is it legal for an out of stater to carry while hunting in Wyoming?

08-Aug-20
Probably illegal if you don't.

08-Aug-20
Not much illegal about self defense in Wyo !

09-Aug-20
I like my 9mm to be right at arms length to draw quickly if needed!

Good luck, Robb

09-Aug-20

09-Aug-20

09-Aug-20

09-Aug-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo

09-Aug-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo

09-Aug-20
I've used other side holsters, belt and pack belt and the Razco bino holster is by far and away the best for me for a few reasons. 1. I'm mostly in the backcountry and always with a large pack. The belt holsters always interfere with my pack and or the gun is blocked by the hip belt. 2. The pack belt holster was OK. Alien gear, but then I take my pack off for stalks, lunch etc... and that was a pain. Last year in MT my bull died in a creek bottom small meadow. I ended up taking my Glock 20 out of the pack holster and putting it in the back of my pants while I broke down my bull by myself 8 miles from anywhere. Not perfect. 3. I always have my binos on while hunting. Always! Even eating or breaking down a bull. The Razco holster holds the gun in a perfect spot for me and is not floppy at all. Right where I need it at all times and never out of easy reach.

The pic I posted was not the best as it was just with the binos laying on the table, but if you do some research you can find a better example of the system. There are some others and some of the bino holsters now even have a built in gun holster.

09-Aug-20

WVFarrier's embedded Photo

09-Aug-20

09-Aug-20
Wv that semi looks huge! I couldn’t imagine carrying that thing around the mountains. Not to mention having it strapped to my thigh crawling over dead fall would drive me nuts.

09-Aug-20
I've heard of a few guys having real issues hiking with hip strats, rubbed them raw.

09-Aug-20
Safe hunting guys....Reholster slowly.......you don't need to be in a hurry reholstering.

I modded a cheap Amazon Kydex holster to fit my pack belt....the only logical spot for me as that how I practice draw and shoot all summer. Good retention

Bump it with your bow and its noisy....but that doesn't happen very often.

09-Aug-20
Has anyone posting ever needed the weapon on a hunt

10-Aug-20
I've drawn down twice over the years Bou'

Never fired as at about 8-10 yards a young Grizzz (Island Park, Idaho) and the other an old Blackie (Basalt, Colo) bailed out.

Good luck, Robb

10-Aug-20

10-Aug-20
Its definitely a full size gun but its not nearly as heavy as it looks (poly frame). Ive worn both holsters on long hunts without issue. Its all about proper fit. I got so used to carrying in a thigh rig over the years that ccw carry feels weird to me. I dont carry much body fat so the place where is bothers me is over my hip bones. It seems so matter how well fit my gear is i get wear. Ive got some gnarly callouses. The FN though, is by far my favorite handgun. Its more accurate than my Wilson Supergrade and holds 15 rounds.

12-Aug-20

12-Aug-20
I have pulled mine twice, but never needed it.

12-Aug-20
Had my hand on mine but never drew it for a lion circling me for over 15 minutes after doing a couple evening elk calls. He eventually disappeared. Must have been bad calls!

13-Aug-20
I was having trouble finding a different holster for my Taurus ultralight titanium 44mag. I was always able to use the Velcro hip belt strap on my pack to secure it cross draw very easily, but my new kifaru pack has the pals system, so I managed to find a "Kbar adapter" on eBay for $2.50 that allows you to easily mount any normal belt holster/sheath onto the pals webbing. Seems sturdy and tight.

I've pulled it a few times on black bears. before I started carrying it, I would have shot 2 black bears and a mountain lion, apparently all three would have died for nothing, because I'm still here despite a standoff inside 3 yards on those 3 occasions. The mountain lion caused me to buy the sidearm

13-Aug-20

bigeasygator's embedded Photo
bigeasygator's embedded Photo
What I used on last year’s Kodiak Island hunt.

• Sitka Gear