Cazador 03-Aug-20
Lost Arra 03-Aug-20
Quick Draw 1 03-Aug-20
Buffalo1 03-Aug-20
HDE 04-Aug-20
RT 04-Aug-20
Bigpizzaman 04-Aug-20
02-Aug-20
Have any of you Slick Trick users seen a difference in performance between the regular and the SS heads? SS isn't necessarily the toughest for material and it might not be worth the extra $. Have you noticed much corrosion on the regular heads to even justify buying the SS heads? I was looking to shoot the Vipers this fall and need to start shooting broadheads now. Thanks, TODDY

02-Aug-20
Regulars hold up fine.

02-Aug-20
This will be the 4th season I’ve used the regular Vipertricks and have been extremely pleased with them. I’ve never had any corrosion, so for me, I have no reason to switch to the more expensive SS.

02-Aug-20
The past couple days I went thru all my SlickTricks. 10 ViperTricks and 20 Magnums. Might be some Standards in there too.

I’ll be using the ViperTricks this year. No reason to get any SS

02-Aug-20
Kinda what I was expecting/hoping to hear. Thanks all for your input! TODDY

03-Aug-20
I've got standards and magnums. I have had some corrosion on the tips when they've been in my quiver for a couple months. I now just give them a light coat of Rem-Oil to prevent corrosion.

I've also had the threads get some corrosion but a little beeswax on the threads before screwing them in cures that.

03-Aug-20
Haven't had any rust issues with normal slick tricks. I could see it becoming an issue in real humid areas though.

03-Aug-20
Like the others here, no issues with the normal heads.

03-Aug-20
I have been using ST since 2009. Never had a rust issue and I live in the humid Gulf South of the US.

03-Aug-20
I have been using ST since 2009. Never had a rust issue and I live in the humid Gulf South of the US.

03-Aug-20
Just regulars for me

03-Aug-20
I've been using Slick Trick mags since 2007 and only have had slight rust on the tips from sitting in my quiver. A quick swipe on a stone and good as new. This year I'm going to use the Wicked Tricks. They look incredibly nasty. Can't wait to put one through a Whitetail!!

03-Aug-20
Rusted or not, they are a real nice head that as mentioned above, simply fly terrific. I don't shoot alot of weight, so I've had some head scratcher penetration on bigger animals. I have a moose hunt here in CO this year, I would like to use them but will be shooting my hellrazors to increase penetration. Penetration between the two has been night and day on elk sized critters.

03-Aug-20
I notice a little corrosion if I hunt in the rain but I only shoot elk and deer that keep their tetanus shots up to date. Some hog groups are strict anti-vax but they get an arrow too.

03-Aug-20
Have done a lot of hunts in the rain with a bow quiver full of Slick Tricks. As long as you tend to them after the hunt (getting them dried out and perhaps a touch of oil), they will be OK. Shot my entire grand slam of sheep with the same Slick Trick magnum (new blades, of course). It was a little worse for the wear after hanging in the quiver through 8 sheep hunts with lots of weather, and passing through 4 sheep. I could still use it, if I wasn't so afraid to lose it. Have shot the SS heads too, and no problem with them from a flight or strength standpoint.

03-Aug-20

04-Aug-20
Chromium Oxide or Iron Oxide it doesn't matter.

For the money saved, buy replacement blades.

04-Aug-20
Congrats Quick draw, very cool that you managed to do that with the same BH.

04-Aug-20
As others have said, stainless isn’t really worth the extra cost.

• Sitka Gear