Contributors to this thread:
Keadog 03-Aug-20
400 Elk @Home 03-Aug-20
JL 03-Aug-20
fran 03-Aug-20
Shiloh 03-Aug-20
Keadog 03-Aug-20
03-Aug-20
I don't post often and I know this has been covered before, but I'm looking to move to all ladder stands this year and wondered if I have missed something "newer and better". What I want in a stand (and some of these are hard to determine from pictures and/or descriptions) are: 1. Be as close as possible to the tree with the seat flipped up (flip up seat only). 2. A seat that stays up on its own once lifted. Backrest preferred but not essential. 3. No (or removable) gun rail. 4. At least 18-20' high. 5. Stable without squeaking.

Neither weight nor cost are deal breakers. I have friends to help set them so 100# or more not an issue. I'm looking to buy 2 or 3 for this year and see how things go.

Thanks. I've been looking at Millenniums and River's Edge, but have no brand loyalty here. Happy to consider any quality product.

03-Aug-20
I really like the Mellenniums. Expensive but worth it IMO.

03-Aug-20

JL's Link
This Hawk looks like the seat folds up.

03-Aug-20
Foot platform size is important. I've had ladder stands with small platforms and was worried about stepping off.

03-Aug-20
I like the Milleniums and they were originated right here in my community, but I will tell you that some of them are terribly loud to climb. Where they join squeaks and pops really bad. Once you get in them I have never sat in anything better.

03-Aug-20
Thanks. I've had a Muddy in the past and that one stuck out so far from the tree with the seat up you couldn't lean against the trunk. Trying to avoid that. Used exclusively Millennium hang ons the last several years and been happy with them. They are pricey. Also looking at this one: https://www.amazon.com/Rivers-Edge-One-Ladder-Stand/dp/B07CT34WVP Anyone have that model?

• Sitka Gear